Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.

Discus and support Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was having lots of trouble with the factory installed Xbox One X 1GB hard drive, it kept spitting out errors and finally failed. So I decided to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GunnderDaWunder, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.

I was having lots of trouble with the factory installed Xbox One X 1GB hard drive, it kept spitting out errors and finally failed. So I decided to replace it with a new drive. However I was in the insider preview
    program so my current installed OS is as follows as read from the "Troubleshoot" recovery menu:

18363.8082.amd64fre.19h1_release_xbox_dev_1911_191007-1945

However the latest public OSU1 is:

10.0.18363.7194 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1910_190929-1945)

When I try to do the "Offline System Update" from my 8GB flash drive with the current public OSU1 files, I get Error E101. If I try to "Reset this Xbox" I get E106 error. Basically I am stuck in this loop and
    my Xbox One X is a brick. I have read that if the OS installed on the Xbox is newer then the OSU1 OS files, then error E101 comes up and you basically have to wait until the public OS "catches up" or surpasses the preview OS. Is this true? I hope that is not
    the case because that is just awful for people like me in the insider program who's hard drive fails and need to replace them.

This actually all happened during the latest xbox outage we had a week ago or so. I'm not sure if it was connected at all.

It's been over a week and my xbox is out of commission because of this. Really regretting the insider program if this is all true. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

:)

GunnderDaWunder, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick.

Self-repair is a violation of the terms of service and cannot be discussed via the forums, so we would not be able to assist with this situation.
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi GunnderDaWunder,

sorry to hear. But maybe you post this in the Xbox Insiders subreddit. There is a feedback thread that you can post requests like this
    HERE.

Hope this helps
  4. GunnderDaWunder Win User

Hello thanks, I actually did post in the insiders reddit, but for some reason my post got deleted with this reply:

"Your post has been removed, as promotion of any topic that violates the Xbox Code of Conduct, the Microsoft Services Agreement, or Xbox Insider Terms of Use is not allowed as per

Rule 5
    . The Xbox Insider Program cannot offer support for modified or unauthorized hardware. You will need to seek help with Xbox Support"

I was like huh? What modified or unauthorized hardware? My hard drive died and I'm replacing it.
  5. Bruce Luo Win User

Just to confirm your concern is true if Microsoft doesn't provide you a newer insider OS offline update file which maybe the real life situation.

Another point to share is that I experienced a lot of hard drive problem on my xbox one x too. I suspect there is some issue in the OS causing the system file to corrupt instead of the real hardware problem (since some recent system update I think, because
    I didn't have this problem earlier).

I changed my original hard drive to a SSD drive due to this issue hoping this was going to save me from the popping error, but it didn't. So it is either something wrong on the main board which can cause the hard drive to stop responding meanwhile the processor,
    memory, network are all working fine, or there is some kind of OS (firmware) problem.

I took my SSD out and connected it to my PC when instantly file system error alert popped up on my windows 10 PC and it is a real SSD which makes it quite impossible to have sector failure like traditional hard drive does.

My console is stuck on version 7196 waiting for the offline update to be available (osu1 is only 7194 now), which means my situation is a little better than you when the newer version comes.

Please Microsoft do something to check the problem seriously. E105, E102 errors are very common these days and I think putting insiders in this risk is really poor attitude.
  6. gds1972 Win User

Bitstream Audio Dolby Atmos on UHD Bluray

Hi

This feature is being tested by the Xbox Insider community right now and will hopefully be released to everyone soon.

If you are an Xbox Insider and can't access this feature please post in
    this forum
Thema:

1. Please help! Insider preview dash installed and now I can't update and xbox is a brick. - Similar Threads - Please help Insider

2. cant open xbox insiders: Access denied. please help

in XboX Insiders
    cant open xbox insiders: Access denied. please help: Cant open xbox insiders. it just says access denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700005) im on pc, using the latest windows submitted by /u/-SammyP6- [link] [comments]
  3. I need help unenrolling from the Insider Program please

in XboX Insiders
    I need help unenrolling from the Insider Program please: I joined the program a while back and had since forgotten about it. Recently I was wondering why I keep getting a 500 mb update every other day so I looked into it and I think I may still be...
  4. Can an Xbox Insider Dev please help me with this? I'm genuinely begging.

in XboX Insiders
    Can an Xbox Insider Dev please help me with this? I'm genuinely begging.: so I have an Xbox One S that I was playing on one night and it froze, so I went to go reboot it and when I was starting it up it gave me E106. The next day I gave an online update to it and it...
  5. I can't play minecraft RTX beta because don't appeard in Xbox insider Somebody help please

in XboX Insiders
    I can't play minecraft RTX beta because don't appeard in Xbox insider Somebody help please: I can't play the beta of RTX minecraft and I have all update submitted by /u/GHKLJamess [link] [comments]
  6. Please help xbox insider hub app not downloading

in XboX Insiders
    Please help xbox insider hub app not downloading: I have been trying to download the xbox insider hub (beta) but the download just gets stopped automatically and shows error submitted by /u/AvoidingYOU769 [link] [comments]
  7. Someone please help me with Xbox insider Hub not working for Minecraft beta

in XboX Insiders
    Someone please help me with Xbox insider Hub not working for Minecraft beta: My Xbox insider hub is showing that I’m not apart of the Minecraft beta which I am and it’s installed and can’t play the previous version of the game so I am blocked out of playing realms. I tried...
  8. Insider programme BROKE my Xbox! Please Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Insider programme BROKE my Xbox! Please Help!: The "Something went wrong" screen is insisting that I update the xbox with the OSU, but because you can't use the OSU on preview builds it is stuck in a troubleshooting bootloop and thus making it...
  9. Xbox insider update failed. Please help me.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider update failed. Please help me.: A week or so ago, my xbox one s prompted an update which failed and I have been trying to fix ever since. I got error e101 and e106. I can't use the OSU because I'm enrolled in the insider...
  10. Please help ! Its blinking , and im in delta insider. How to fix it ?

in XboX Insiders
    Please help ! Its blinking , and im in delta insider. How to fix it ?: [IMG] submitted by /u/amadixx1993 [link] [comments]