Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I...

Discus and support Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a new console but for 5 days now, i can't get past the initial setup pages because my console can't connect to the xbox live servers to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by obiabunike 9ja, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I...

I just bought a new console but for 5 days now, i can't get past the initial setup pages because my console can't connect to the xbox live servers to download updates.

-yes, I've tested the network and my network connection is good (Say's "Everything is Good)

- I've also switched from wireless to WiFi connections too

-I've downloaded and applied offline update through the diagnostic page

- I've checked my network on other devices too, it works perfectly and it's super fast.

****PLEASE HELP ME, I HAVEN'T PLAYED ANY GAMES IN 5 DAYS NOW.

:)

obiabunike 9ja, Sep 24, 2019
  2. obiabunike 9ja Win User

Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I reset the console to factory settings

Oh bro, I'm so sorry ...i know exactly how it feels. I've been through it.

Please here is my theory on why this is happening; and how i have overcome it:

Xbox live servers are overcrowded due to fifa 20 downloads and other new game realeases this week ...so they are priotising game downloads and giving more bandwidths to such downloads rather than our updates and xbox live sign ins.

Solution: download and apply offline updates

***USE WIRED CONNECTION in order to get past this.

- keep trying over and again to get past the update page after applying the offline update

- after the update, you will still encounter further issues with xbox live sign in, just make sure you use a WIRED CONNECTION in order to get past this.

This worked for me, and I'm playing FIFA right now.

Goodluck mate.
  3. MazzaNY Win User

Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I reset the console to factory settings

I am having the exact same problem. Error code '0x8B0500B6' I have a connection but it keeps telling me that 'There was a problem with the update' despite it saying I am connected. I have downloaded the Offline system update but has done nothing for me.
  4. SplitAbucool10 Win User

I just bought a new console but for 5 days now, i can't get past the initial setup pages because my console can't connect to the xbox live servers to download updates.

-yes, I've tested the network and my network connection is good (Say's "Everything is Good)

- I've also switched from wireless to WiFi connections too

-I've downloaded and applied offline update through the diagnostic page

- I've checked my network on other devices too, it works perfectly and it's super fast.

****PLEASE HELP ME, I HAVEN'T PLAYED ANY GAMES IN 5 DAYS NOW.
    I have the same problem ,stuck in thr update screen on my xbox1 ,i have done an offline update also ,installed it successfully but after choosing langaue ,location and network ,it says update time searches for a while then says there is a problem with the
    update with error 8b0500b6..please what can be done ,am on my 3rd day and it doesnt update ,i have tried wireless and wired connection.i have done hard resets ,factory resets but still stops exactly at the update time section of the setup.. according to the
    support site the error code has to do with the update not available on your servers and i should try later but as i said its been 3 days and the xbox status for live servers says everything is up and running. PLEASE HELP ..
  5. SplitAbucool10 Win User

I am having the exact same problem. Error code '0x8B0500B6' I have a connection but it keeps telling me that 'There was a problem with the update' despite it saying I am connected. I have downloaded the Offline system update but has done nothing for me.
    Yeah same problem i had ,but i think the finally fixed the servers so,this is what i did

This is what I did ,

Boot in troubleshoot mode do a reset again

When it starts choose the country and language of your choosing ,then network use another one from the regular one you use ,in my case I changed from Airtel 4g to MTN 4g using my phone hotspot ,and it just past the update screen saying I don't need it ,then
    added my account and all was setup ..( at first it didn't work then I restarted and it did)

I also changed network before but for some reason it didn't work ,only now I think the servers kicked in ..and then I switched back to my normal network and all is well ..I hope it works for you ,just do a reset keep games and apps,if you have games you
    don't want to loose. good luck .let me know if it works .
  6. obiabunike 9ja Win User

Oh, wooooooooow!

Thanks so so so much, it worked!!!!

But now, i can't sign in to my profile ...it's showing me ERROR 0x87DD0017

How can i sign in to xbox live Sir. Please help.
Thema:

Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I...

1. Please help, why can't I get past the initial update setup page on my Xbox one S after I... - Similar Threads - Please help why

2. My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please: My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please My console got banned and i don't know why Please help me please 555a6b07-355e-477e-94e9-a0e4dd08d22d
  3. Does anybody know why I can’t customize my guide tabs? If you know can you help please.

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody know why I can’t customize my guide tabs? If you know can you help please.: [IMG] submitted by /u/edwinser21 [link] [comments]
  4. Why and how is this happening (Please help)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why and how is this happening (Please help): So ive been waiting for 4 hours on the microsoft support chat and ive been first in lone and i want help because i got a $50 Aus gift card for Xbox and the first and last 5 digest were missing...
  5. Why can't my friend join my Astroneer world but I can join him!!! This is weird HELP PLEASE!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't my friend join my Astroneer world but I can join him!!! This is weird HELP PLEASE!!!: Me and my friend have been playing Astroneer on the Xbox version and have built up a pretty neat world but the state of the Xbox version right now is just so bad and laggy it's unplayable. We...
  6. My account was comms banned and I'm not really sure why, please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was comms banned and I'm not really sure why, please help.: Just like the title. My account has a week long communications ban and I'm not sure what the offending message/voice chat is/was. The account name is . Any help is welcome, thanks....
  7. Why can not I modify my account age so I can not upload custom image Please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can not I modify my account age so I can not upload custom image Please help: Good day, -xy-, I would like to ask you that I can not change my brother's xbox account to make him a teenager. I want her to do so to register for the Xbox Insider "app". And let's play together...
  8. I cannot send messages and don't know why. Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot send messages and don't know why. Please help!: Hello everyone, I've never been able to send messages or reply on my Xbox account and I don't know why. Usually, it says something like "messaging does not work with your account" etc., but today...
  9. Why did I get banned please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I get banned please help: hi um I was playing gta and liek all the sudden, my game crashed and then the my Xbox told me your Xbox has been reported or something and that I was suspended by enforcement so like can you undo...
  10. I don't Know why, please help me !

in XBoX on Consoles
    I don't Know why, please help me !: Hello, I have a one year Xbox Live Gold code. This code is valid and not used yet. When I want to use my one year live (on the microsoft site of course), whether it is on xbox or pc, the site asks...