Please help with microsoft family account, it's driving me insane

Discus and support Please help with microsoft family account, it's driving me insane in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I'm posting this under this category because it won't let me click submit under Xbox, which is what i assume it should be under... I'm having a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Leroyfdsafdsafdsa, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Please help with microsoft family account, it's driving me insane

I'm posting this under this category because it won't let me click submit under Xbox, which is what i assume it should be under...

I'm having a nightmare just trying to enable my daughter to play minecraft online on her Android tablet!

1. logged into microsoft account

2. added family member

3. invitation sent to child gmail account

4. logged into gmail and accepted invite

5. log back into microsoft as adult, it says 'Pending member, invite sent'

6. next to this it says 'cancel invite' or 'accept now' - clicked accept now

7. popup says 'We’ll sign you out so *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** can sign in now and accept their invitation to join your family. Once they’ve joined, you can sign back in to finish setting things up. - clicked Accept Now

8. signed into child MS account

9. Join the family as a child - clicked Yes

10. "to join this family, you'll need to leave the MS family you're already in" - Clicked Got it

11. So now i'm in 'Your Family' logged in as child and can see the parent account.

12. log out of this and log back in as adult

13. the Family panel shows my daughter's account, clicked on View your family

14. ...and we're back to step 5

If i click Accept now next to 'pending member, invite sent' i can follow the rest of the steps in a circle until i'm back to 5 again - it's like it's not picking up the accepted invitation?

When she tries logging into minecraft to play online she gets a message 'you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings.

Visiting this page (xbox settings), i can see MY xbox settings but no children, so i'm unable to set their privacy settings as outlined here in step 2:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings

Applies to: Xbox OneMicrosoft account

The fastest way to change your child’s privacy and settings for Xbox is to do it online. Only Microsoft family adults can do this. Here’s how:

1. Go to account.xbox.com and sign in with an adult's Microsoft account. Next, choose Profile > Privacy
      Settings
      . Follow the instructions to verify your identity.
    2. Next, select your child's gamertag.
    3. Choose Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety, adjust the settings, then select Submit. Do the same for Privacy and Xbox 360 Online Safety.
    4. To update the changes you’ve just made in all the devices your child uses to play Xbox, have your child sign out of each device, and then sign back in.
    Please can someone from Microsoft help cos this is driving me mad and ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS PLAY MINECRAFT!!!

:)

Leroyfdsafdsafdsa, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Ruffstarr Win User

Hi,

I am unsure if I can fully help you with this but I will let you know what I did when setting my child up to play games.

I had a lot of trouble, like you are having, and I believe it was because I was using a Gmail account. I would suggest setting your child up with a Microsoft account, from there you should be able to follow the same steps as you listed in your question to
    add that account to your Microsoft Family.

You will find a lot of parental settings that allows you to monitor your child's activity, which is great as I have two boys, one of which uses the online features on his Xbox, laptop and phone.

I know having two accounts can be a pain to manage, especially with multiple children, but some times it's easier to do that then having a child nag at you to play all the time XD

I hope you get things sorted out and your daughter can get to building her own village soon.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there Since this contains more private information like email address ect. You might be able to get this all sorted out via the following link. https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us Going
    through this chat will help you get in touch with a support agent. Sounds like there was a problem registering the account fully but they can walk you through all that and get it sorted out hopefully today.
  4. Lars Haasnoot Win User

Wireless receiver PC disconnects

Bump, someone please help it's driving me insane! :(
  5. Destiny863 Win User

Connecting to Xbox Live with my phones Hotspot

Please someone help me fix this, it's driving me insane that I was only able to play one game.
  6. Official✅ Win User

Can't update Privacy and Online Safety Settings - Unexpected Error

Honestly, the same thing is happening with me. Im in a microsoft family but in an adult account with the age set to 1980 so there no possible way that it shouldnt work. Microsoft please help
Thema:

1. Please help with microsoft family account, it's driving me insane - Similar Threads - Please help microsoft

2. Microsoft Email Change/Account Handover (Help Please)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Email Change/Account Handover (Help Please): I created my current MSFT account originally to allow my son to play Xbox and get his subscriptions/games. As he has gotten older, I would lik for him to manage the account himself. I have no...
  3. I cannot connect to Microsoft Bingo again!!! Please could you help me with a fix to this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot connect to Microsoft Bingo again!!! Please could you help me with a fix to this...: I cannot connect Microsoft Bingo Again!!! Please could you help me with a fix to this problem? 4d32c3ac-59c0-44e6-afe1-7d699462f140
  4. i have a problem starting my pc g5 from microsoft store version, please help :( (the...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a problem starting my pc g5 from microsoft store version, please help :( (the...: When this error appeared I proceeded together with a friend of mine to find a solution, we tried to uninstall the game,format the hard disk where wndows was(C:)and even the second hard disk i...
  5. how do i delete a Microsoft account? please please help!

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i delete a Microsoft account? please please help!: how do i delete a Microsoft account? please please help! I axedently made two :( 82131eaa-e03a-47ae-bbce-08f3eb9abd41
  6. the Microsoft Bingo game is flashing like the Twilight Zone. Please help. Has server...

in XBoX on Windows
    the Microsoft Bingo game is flashing like the Twilight Zone. Please help. Has server...: Please help us with this problem on Mirosoft Bingo. Flashing like the Twilight Zone. Also, message about server connection. This has been having problem last couple days. When I leveled up to next...
  7. I need help from Microsoft please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help from Microsoft please: Today at around 20:50pm i joined an on going round of rainbow six seige and when i got in i got teamkilled instantly then the person messaged me and trash talked me calling me bad and other things...
  8. Please help me get a microsoft person to either talk on the phone or talk with via chat on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help me get a microsoft person to either talk on the phone or talk with via chat on...: I have been trying to fix my son's xbox for a week and have goggled everything I can and read every answer that I've gotten when I plug in what is wrong. No matter what I keep getting the answer...
  9. Xbox360 Microsoft account and Xbox live account please help me thanks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 Microsoft account and Xbox live account please help me thanks: Xbox360 l tried to make a Microsoft account and Xbox live account and I either did it wrong and messed it all up just wanted to play online Xbox live. I keep getting error please help me thanks...
  10. I have forgotten the email for my Microsoft account but I remember the password please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have forgotten the email for my Microsoft account but I remember the password please help: Since i reset my xbox to get rid of a few troubles i couldnt remember the email for my microsoft account f186c8d4-8511-4a3b-9072-4555e17dd7cd