Please improve handling of games on HD

Discus and support Please improve handling of games on HD in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so I have a lot of games and need to organize them using one or two external USB HDDs. I have several issues which I think need some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cuthred, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Cuthred
    Cuthred Guest

Hi,

so I have a lot of games and need to organize them using one or two external USB HDDs. I have several issues which I think need some improvements/changes because they drive me nuts and I am sure others as well:

1) Two different views for more or less the same task.

When selecting a storage device, you can either "view contents" or " move or copy". This opens two different views with also different details on the games. This should be consolidated into one UI as it is more or less the same task the perform. And what is worse, you can only handle serveral games at once if you select "move or copy". The problem with this view though is that it is lacking info. While "view contents" shows info like "gamepass" or "gold", this info is missing in the "move" view which is annoying if you store GP games on HDD1 and all other games on HDD2. Also filter options are missing in the "move" view. Therefore please do consolidate both views into one view with all options.

2) backing our from queue after moving quits app

If I move a game to a different HDD, the view switches to the queue view. If I press B to return to the previous view to continue moving games, the app is being quit. Not fun. Please return to the previous view including same location and let me continue managing my games.

3) moving several games opt. for X/S does not work

My internal (fast) storage is limited, therefore I need to store my games on my external HDDs which are not suited to run games opt for X/S (I get that). Moving an optimized game there displays a dialogue telling me that I cannot run it from there. However moving several games at once and moving away from the box (because watching a progress bar is kind of boring) will fail as for each optimized game the dialogue will be displayed, cover the previous dialogue and therefore (I guess) just cancel the dialogue. The result is that the game/dlc will not be moved and has to be moved one by one. Very annoying.

4) updating optimized X/S games on external HDD does not work

If an X/S game on an external HDD needs an update, it will not be applied on the location where the game is stored but instead the *whole* game is downloaded again on the internal HDD. This is a major waste of bandwith, not to mention the wasted storage and time to clean this up. Please update on the drive where the game is installled.

Is this the right place to post this or are there better places to provide this feedback?

Regards

:)

Cuthred, Jun 11, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

It would be best if you can share your thoughts and feedback by visiting feedback.xbox.com as that is the right place for your voice to be heard!

Regards!
  3. AXIOMS OF FATE Win User

RESIDENT EVIL REMAKE COMING TO XBOX ONE!!!!

just gonna point out it is not a remake, it is a HD REMASTER so it is the same game that was released in 1996 but with improvements.
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

EVERYONE That has a Xbox One Please Read

Nice video but I'd rather they continue their focus on things like tools for devs.

The new external HD

New apps and improving the tools that improve gaming and watching TV or using the Kinect.
  5. IRB Win User

Sticks Are So Sensitive

This can be an issue with the game as well how it handles the input from the controller sticks.

I've not personally had an issue, but they are always working on improvements.
  6. GODofH3LLfire 2 Win User

Mitsubishi Engine Build

I generally use the handling upgrades first , then go with power . Just improving the handling can take a fair amount of time off a lap .
Thema:

1. Please improve handling of games on HD - Similar Threads - Please improve handling

2. Minecraft bedrock server error while downloading packs from server. please try again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock server error while downloading packs from server. please try again: Ok this evening I wanted to play the hive on my nintendo switch and when i tried to join it i got this error “ error while downloading packs from server. please try again” I tried uninstalling it...
  3. Can't Leave Minecraft Beta!! Ambassadors please help!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Leave Minecraft Beta!! Ambassadors please help!!!: I have tried everything I can to leave Beta version. I've been trying and retrying since December of last year. Mojang is no help to me at all and XBox support keeps sending me to different forums...
  4. Xbox One S turns on with beep then turns off with beep. Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on with beep then turns off with beep. Please help!: My Xbox One S all of a sudden started turning on with the normal beep and then turning off with a beep. I tried all of the power supply reset tricks but those didn’t work. It’s a year and a half...
  5. Could you please improve quality on xcloud/console streaming amd can u go in party chat

in XboX Insiders
    Could you please improve quality on xcloud/console streaming amd can u go in party chat: submitted by /u/danb271xd69 [link] [comments]
  6. PLEASE READ Idea to improve Xbox Clubs

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE READ Idea to improve Xbox Clubs: Background I currently own and manage a large public Xbox Club. With over 22k members, i'ts not currently feasible to ensure all members are briefed on the usage of the club, it's purpose and...
  7. Please improve every single aspect of the download interface.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please improve every single aspect of the download interface.: This is getting so old. I suspect its heavily tied into the horrible "cloud" and Ones original always online aka punish every user for what pirates do setup. The way random features that shoudln't...
  8. Please improve Xbox One!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please improve Xbox One!!!: Wow! Honestly, I've been playing gaming consoles ever since I was a little kid and I've never experienced anything like this. Every time I try to play a game, I get asked to do an update. Turning...
  9. XBOX ONE IMPROVEMENTS / PROJECT SCORPIO- PLEASE FEEDBACK

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE IMPROVEMENTS / PROJECT SCORPIO- PLEASE FEEDBACK: Hi guys, OK so here are some questions and topics, all related somewhat, that I would like feedback on and don't have time to read through the masses of posts to find out. So hopefully, some...
  10. Snap/Network/party invites>>> Please improve

in XBoX on Consoles
    Snap/Network/party invites>>> Please improve: Dear Xbox Support Team, My concern is related to features added to xbox one are not convenience compare to 360. Where did you get the idea of creating "SNAP" ? its absolutely useless and not...