Plex Still has a buffer loop issue on Xbox, Will this problem EVER get fixed?

Discus and support Plex Still has a buffer loop issue on Xbox, Will this problem EVER get fixed? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Plex devs and MS devs have acknowledged this is a bug, both sides are pointing finger at each other through as to whose fault it is. Mods here have... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mad597, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/mad597
    /u/mad597 Guest

Plex devs and MS devs have acknowledged this is a bug, both sides are pointing finger at each other through as to whose fault it is.

Mods here have said it is being looked into

Problem is this version of the problem has been going on over 6 months, even AFTER Plex and MS devs say this is a problem.

Months and months of posts here and on the Plex forums and filing bug reports on my Xbox every week and several other on multiple forums saying they have the same issue.

And yet this problem is not fixed

Are Plex and MS hoping the Series X fixes the issue and we stop complaining?

Both support teams seem to be pretty much ignoring this, every blue moon it will show up on the Know issues list for builds and then disappear without the issue being fixed.

The original issue started over 2 years ago every once in a while some combination of plex server/client build and Xbox OS build fixes it but soon after something breaks it again.

submitted by /u/mad597
    [link] [comments]

/u/mad597, Feb 13, 2020
  2. taylorsprinkle Win User

Starz play

I have the same issue and it buffers every 15 seconds so it makes it damn near impossible to watch a movie. Netflix and HBO GO never buffer for me, so not sure if this is Xbox issue or Starz issue. It is however annoying and since the iPhone app works
    great on the same network with no issues, I feel this has to be an xbox problem.
  3. HassanB Win User

Issues with Varying Ping

It's possible that the wireless connection isn't getting a stable/strong enough connection to the XBOX 360's wireless that could be causing the issue. You could try to see if you could switch off the routers firewall to test to see if your able to use the
    router and not have buffering issues. If your still getting buffering issues going through the router even with the connection being wired then I would assume that there's some sort of problem with the router itself that's causing this. I use a DIR-655 router
    and don't have any issues with YouTube HD buffering you could try that out if switching the firewall off doesn't solve the issue.
  4. sfwarlord Win User

Plex not working properly

Sorry for bringing up the old post, but is there any solutions yet for this problem. Tried to uninstall and reinstall Plex on my server but still no solution. Even redo my whole Plex and still nothing. Please help...

Thanx in advanced.
  5. AbnormalyDeadly Win User

How the hell did it get worse?

I'm gonna try to clear my system cache and stuff and see if that helps. The freezing doesn't seem like a big problem on my end, my problem is the constant buffering. I can get through 4 minutes videos with no problem but i watch a lot of 30 min to a hour
    videos and a quarter of the way through it just buffers and buffers and buffers non stop. I still find myself restarting the video because it's faster then letting the damn thing buffer. They haven't fixed any problems but made it much much worse.
  6. NonSportsGirl Win User

Xbox One - My Home Theater Device: Perks and Consequences

Plex has the feature to lock out age related material to users (blog.plex.tv/.../introducing-plex-home) and the app is available on the 360 and Xbox One.

Might be worth checking Plex out as an option if emby isn't available.
Thema:

1. Plex Still has a buffer loop issue on Xbox, Will this problem EVER get fixed? - Similar Threads - Plex Still has

2. Problem with plex app on console after creating a plex account when I go to enter the...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with plex app on console after creating a plex account when I go to enter the...: [IMG] submitted by /u/EmergedJokerd [link] [comments]
  3. Plex buffering issue still happening with latest Alpha release

in XboX Insiders
    Plex buffering issue still happening with latest Alpha release: The Plex buffering issue has been going on for months and months, Plex says it is an Xbox OS system level issue, MS devs here said they would look at it, it's been months now. Just tested on the...
  4. Audio Passthrough on Plex

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Audio Passthrough on Plex: Would you ever enable plex to use proper audio passthrough? The way way it's working now is causing plex to constantly buffer, besides noone wants to hear notifications from the xBox while...
  5. Why did the Plex buffer issues get removed from the know issues list if ti did not get fixed?

in XboX Insiders
    Why did the Plex buffer issues get removed from the know issues list if ti did not get fixed?: This plex buffer issue has been going on for months, recently it FINALLY got added to the know issues list. This gave us some hope it may be fixed at some point. This is what the know issues was...
  6. Quick Playback Controls for Plex

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Playback Controls for Plex: Having quick controls for spotify and pandora are great, but most of my music and playlists are housed in Plex. It would be great to have those quick controls function with Plex. submitted by...
  7. problemes de lecture avec PLEX[Translation-Problemes de lecture avec PLEX]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problemes de lecture avec PLEX[Translation-Problemes de lecture avec PLEX]: Bonjour j'ai installé PLEX sur mon ordinateur fixe et également sur la xbox one cela fonctionne bien mais sur certain film qui ont un bitrate supérieur +-3.5mb/s l'image freeze et saccade c'est...
  8. Plex Buffer issues to the insider rings, Plex AGAIN says this is an Xbox issue, where is...

in XboX Insiders
    Plex Buffer issues to the insider rings, Plex AGAIN says this is an Xbox issue, where is...: So again we have Plex saying the Plex buffer issues on the Xbox are an Xbox issue, many of us have already reported this issue dozens of times on our Xboxes for MONTHS, and yet this issue is not...
  9. Any update to the issue of Endless Plex buffering on the Insider Rings?

in XboX Insiders
    Any update to the issue of Endless Plex buffering on the Insider Rings?: Please do not delete this thread, this directly involves an issue with the Insider rings and a bug causing Plex to go into an Endless buffer loop at various times. Please read all the notes here...
  10. Its been 3 updates now and Still have Buffering problems with Plex!

in XboX Insiders
    Its been 3 updates now and Still have Buffering problems with Plex!: Its been 3 updates now on Skip Ahead, and I have sent a report with each update and still there is a problem with Plex buffering randomly after a few mins, This dose only effect PREVIEW builds as...