Plugging an iPhone into Xbox 1

Discus and support Plugging an iPhone into Xbox 1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I heard you could plug in your phone to the Xbox 1 and then play music on it while you're streaming. But i don't think it would work for the iPhone,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Stinkyyface, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Stinkyyface
    Stinkyyface Guest

I heard you could plug in your phone to the Xbox 1 and then play music on it while you're streaming. But i don't think it would work for the iPhone, true? I searched it up and all i saw was that it wouldnt work with an iPhone to the 360 to play music but
    nothing about Xbox 1. Also i plugged my iphone into the ports that are available and it didnt work, so I don't know how to broadcast & then play music.

:)

Stinkyyface, Jun 4, 2014
  2. Cablekevin
    Cablekevin Guest
    Xbox One controller on Win 10 Forgets the Xbox Adapter for Windows

Oh, and also ct43guru.

Automatic switching between OMTP and CTIA doesn't seem to happen when plugging in iPhone compatible earbuds (Shure SE215 with iPhone cord). A OMTP to CTIA (and reverse) doesn't seem to make the microphone to work. While plugging in cheap *** earbuds does.
    This should also be handled by the firmware (the PS4 controller does this just fine). Another thing that *** me off right of the bat.

Cablekevin, Jun 4, 2014
  3. Joseph Wolfe
    Joseph Wolfe Guest
    My av works but hdmi doesn't

If you have more than 1 HDMI ports on your tv, try plugging it into each. If not, Unplug it and plug it in a few times and start your xbox.

Joseph Wolfe, Jun 4, 2014
  4. SandM1tch
    SandM1tch Guest

The xbox 360 had optional media updates that allowed secure streaming from iPod devices to the xbox 360. Starting with the iPhone and iPod touch, these weren't able to be detected due the nature of how sophisticated an iPhones lightning cable is compared
    to the 30-pin iPod nano, shuffle, classic connector.

My phone (LG G2) isn't detected by my xbox 360 no matter what I set the connection type to on my phone. Microsoft tried to push the zune and it obviously didn't take off so while that happened, they weren't caring much for Apple device support and I still
    don't think they do by your experiences using it with an xbox one.

SandM1tch, Jun 4, 2014
  5. SandM1tch Win User

The xbox 360 had optional media updates that allowed secure streaming from iPod devices to the xbox 360. Starting with the iPhone and iPod touch, these weren't able to be detected due the nature of how sophisticated an iPhones lightning cable is compared
    to the 30-pin iPod nano, shuffle, classic connector.

My phone (LG G2) isn't detected by my xbox 360 no matter what I set the connection type to on my phone. Microsoft tried to push the zune and it obviously didn't take off so while that happened, they weren't caring much for Apple device support and I still
    don't think they do by your experiences using it with an xbox one.
  6. malrats Win User

Headset adapter producing TERRIBLE voice chat quality via party chat.

I've plugged it into the TV, Xbox One, 360, my laptop, and even an iPhone charger to see if they made any difference. They don't.
  7. Skaterboy2000 Win User

help my recon 70 xbox one headset stopped working while I was chatting to my friends

thanks. I have plugged the head set into my iphone and it works fine with that.
  8. deadshot1018081 Win User

Others can't hear me chat

If you want to know whether the mic really works or not, plug into cell phone. Mine works perfectly with iPhone, both mike and earphones. Just doesn't work on xbox.
  9. Unknowngamer1st Win User

Can I use my iPhone X as a webcam

you cannot use your iphone x webcam. if you want to use a webcam you need to plug it into your console.
Thema:

1. Plugging an iPhone into Xbox 1 - Similar Threads - Plugging iPhone

2. Xbox One Controller plugged into PC but connects to Xbox One.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller plugged into PC but connects to Xbox One.: So recently, my controller hasn't been working properly on my PC. I went to test it on my Xbox, and it works fine wired and wireless. But now when I plug it into my PC, it just connects to my...
  3. Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox power cord turning off when plugged into console: Xbox one first generation console is turning off when plugged into the power supply. When the power supply unit is plugged into the wall independently it is getting power- based on the orange...
  4. Power supply lights up but turns off when plugged into Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply lights up but turns off when plugged into Xbox one: Hi everyone, i recently went to turn my xbox on after a power outage at my house and it wont turn on, i plug in the power supply and it lights up like normal but when i plug it in to the back of...
  5. Xbox controller doesn't turn on when plugged in to pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller doesn't turn on when plugged in to pc: Title, I have bought a new data transfer cable, but when I plug it in, it vibrates but doesn't light up. babd791b-55c2-4f10-8659-c1847f11dcf7
  6. *Solved* how to use Xbox game chat with keyboard and mouse plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    *Solved* how to use Xbox game chat with keyboard and mouse plugged in.: I know that with new games coming out such as modern warfare that allow for keyboard and mouse pluggin and play ability there has been issue over how to use the xbox gamechat while using a...
  7. Xbox One Controller forgetting bluetooth pairing after being plugged in.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller forgetting bluetooth pairing after being plugged in.: I have a fully updated Windows 10 PC and have an Xbox One Wireless controller connected to it through bluetooth. Everything works fine until the battery pack runs low in the middle of a game. I...
  8. Atmos turns off when headset plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos turns off when headset plugged in: I'm using Atmos in a home theater. Whenever I plug in a headset to my controller, the xbox changes the audio output automatically to 7.1 When the headset is unplugged, the audio goes back to...
  9. So does this Audio Settings Menu REALLY only exist with an Audio Cable plugged into your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So does this Audio Settings Menu REALLY only exist with an Audio Cable plugged into your...: [img] Some Context. I bought a Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Xbox One wireless headset and I'm trying to set the chat mixer to Only Chat so that I only hear party chat through my headset and...
  10. Xbox Will Not Resume Update If External Hard Drive is Plugged In

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Will Not Resume Update If External Hard Drive is Plugged In: Sup ladies and gents. So I've been part of the Xbox Preview Program for years now, which means my console constantly updates. I've had as many as 20 updates in a month while they test features,...