Pointless Chat Bans

Discus and support Pointless Chat Bans in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox needs to start actually having people checking reports instead of auto-banning accounts. My friend got a week chat ban because he was calling two... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ymerej0998, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Ymerej0998
    Ymerej0998 Guest

Pointless Chat Bans

Xbox needs to start actually having people checking reports instead of auto-banning accounts. My friend got a week chat ban because he was calling two players out for throwing a competitive gears game, which itself is something you can be reported for. Saying
    something shouldn't cause an issue sooner than something that ruins a game for other people.

:)

Ymerej0998, Feb 4, 2018
  2. otisthered
    otisthered Guest
    XBox Live Suspension

Seems to me that the best way to ban someone is simply take away their ability to communicate. No chat. No messages. No nothing. Should still be able to play online if you are paying for the service though. Now if they are cheating then, yeah. Ban them from the service completely.

otisthered, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Who will be using In-Game Chat in Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

unfortunately, some of us are deaf, so its kinda pointless to do in game chat

IgotTSondabrain, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Pointless Chat Bans

The enforcement system is not automated. The enforcement team investigates every complaint they receive and will only issue a ban if they determine you've done something to violate the code of conduct.

Smwutches, Feb 4, 2018
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    stop breaking the rules it is that simlple

Everything must be rated E for everyone

ngocphi, Feb 4, 2018
  6. Ymerej0998
    Ymerej0998 Guest
    If there is a team of people doing it then can they start looking at what all is happening instead of the one thing? People get chat banned instantly but I've seen people ruining games for others and nothing happening. And if they don't want someone specific
    messaging "offensive" things, the player can just block whoever is messaging them.

Ymerej0998, Feb 4, 2018
  7. SG FeLLoN
    SG FeLLoN Guest
    there is auto banning there is no one a team can look at millions of complaints a week or even a day so that right there is bull and people have a right to be pissed they don't investigate or ask for evidence in anything I don't send messages and is a mic
    with the mic unplugged and I still got banned for a third time now umm IDK

SG FeLLoN, Feb 4, 2018
  8. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest

Pointless Chat Bans

Only an actual person from the Xbox Live Enforcement Team can impose or remove a suspension or ban on the account.

- "Despite what some may claim, Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team will never ever ban anyone “for no reason”. Suspensions always occur as a result of a specific Code of Conduct violation."

Xbox Enforcement | How Do I

HAZMAT RADIO, Feb 4, 2018
  9. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    you don't get it

It doesn't matter who starts the fight it is only your actions that are held accountable to the terms of use

Regardless of who starts it

Common man use common sense

Any teacher or police officer will tell you this

No matter who starts the fight if you break the rules you are accountable

ngocphi, Feb 4, 2018
  10. Ymerej0998
    Ymerej0998 Guest
    so if you knock someone out who's trying to murder you or steal your property, you'll get charged with assault? Since when is that how it works?

Ymerej0998, Feb 7, 2018
  11. Lets go this way with it then

Xbox live is supposed to be E for everyone.

So say you walk into a Chuck E Cheese and get into an argument with someone there and you both start cussing at each other do you think just the person that started it is going to be asked to leave? Not likely it will be both of you that are asked to leave
    the premesis.

steeledwand7664, Feb 7, 2018
  12. SG FeLLoN
    SG FeLLoN Guest
    but if your playing a game that is M FOR MATURE AND YOU HAVE ALL YOUR SETTING PUT TO MATURE . Why do people get suspended for cussing in a mature game? Or talking smack in a Mature game FPS??? THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL BECAUSE SOME 23 YEAR OLD COULD DISH
    IT OUT BUT COULDNT HANDLE IT BACK AND HE REPORTS YOU, YOU GET SUSPENDED AND HE DOESNT WHEN YOUR TRASH TALK WAS CLEAN AS WELL. UT STILL YOU GET SUSPENDED CAUSE HE LIES IN HIS REPORT . YA THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE

SG FeLLoN, Feb 7, 2018
  13. SG FeLLoN
    SG FeLLoN Guest

Pointless Chat Bans

and there is auto banning it's impossible for a team to keep up with all the reports they get in a day let's say that 4 million players were online today and just 75000 report are made that day alone. This team goes through every single one of them ya right
    nothing you say could change my mind either they would get so far behind on the reports it wouldn't even be worth it to put in reports than cause it would take a year or two for them to get to your report

SG FeLLoN, Feb 7, 2018
  14. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Because the game itself is rated M, but everything else on Live is to remain E for everyone. It's per the rules you agreed to when you signed up.

Smwutches, Feb 7, 2018
  15. The only thing the M rating is for is it tells the retail stores that they can not sell the game to minors.

steeledwand7664, Nov 1, 2018
  16. steeledwand7664 Win User

Pointless Chat Bans

but if your playing a game that is M FOR MATURE AND YOU HAVE ALL YOUR SETTING PUT TO MATURE . Why do people get suspended for cussing in a mature game? Or talking smack in a Mature game FPS??? THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL BECAUSE SOME 23 YEAR OLD COULD DISH
    IT OUT BUT COULDNT HANDLE IT BACK AND HE REPORTS YOU, YOU GET SUSPENDED AND HE DOESNT WHEN YOUR TRASH TALK WAS CLEAN AS WELL. UT STILL YOU GET SUSPENDED CAUSE HE LIES IN HIS REPORT . YA THAT MAKES ALOT OF SENSE
    The only thing the M rating is for is it tells the retail stores that they can not sell the game to minors.
  17. SG FeLLoN Win User

Pointless Chat Bans

18. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Pointless Chat Bans

Only an actual person from the Xbox Live Enforcement Team can impose or remove a suspension or ban on the account.

- "Despite what some may claim, Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team will never ever ban anyone “for no reason”. Suspensions always occur as a result of a specific Code of Conduct violation."

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/Home/HowTo#sub-topic0-5
  19. Ymerej0998 Win User

Pointless Chat Bans

so if you knock someone out who's trying to murder you or steal your property, you'll get charged with assault? Since when is that how it works?
  20. ngocphi Win User

Pointless Chat Bans

you don't get it

It doesn't matter who starts the fight it is only your actions that are held accountable to the terms of use

Regardless of who starts it

Common man use common sense

No matter who starts the fight if you break the rules you are accountable
Thema:

Pointless Chat Bans

1. Pointless Chat Bans - Similar Threads - Pointless Chat Bans

2. : A pointless new thread for an old issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : A pointless new thread for an old issue: : A pointless new thread for an old issue I unlocked your old thread since it does have all of the information already. As such, I'll be locking this thread. d0de8070-09ad-4bfd-94e2-863ef5f4bdf3
  3. Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only ...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only ...: I own more then 20 movies from the store and want to watch them on my phone at work while it is slow but it only let me watch the trailers is there something I am missing because doing a search...
  4. Pointless Reporting system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless Reporting system: There is no point in complaining to xbox. They are selective on whom they choose to reprimand/suspend. Is it that impossible to imagine that there are employees who have ability within the company...
  5. Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled: Every time I unlock an Achievement while playing on my Xbox One, I now get a notification from the Xbox App on my iPhone. This is a totally pointless "feature". When I've unlocked an Achievement,...
  6. Why does nothing get done with hackers or moders it's pointless filing complaints because ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does nothing get done with hackers or moders it's pointless filing complaints because ...: rumadbro a class which is modest pointless playing against him he is a skilless cheat he changes classes if his team start loosing just to get the win but as xbox wont do nothing about him he eill...
  7. Pointless restriction on ability to change your gamer picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless restriction on ability to change your gamer picture: So recently I have been looking to change my gamerpicture and after several tries found that no matter what I tried to upload, it just would not change. After getting in contact with Microsoft...
  8. Error code checker is pointless

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code checker is pointless: I was given a error code 0x802705a when I tried to load up neverwinter so I went to check on xbox.com to see what is it and yet again the error code checker does not reconize it serious MS what is...
  9. Pointless Enforcement Against Screenshot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless Enforcement Against Screenshot?: I don't have a usb stick or any other way to use custom backgrounds on my Xbox One, so I just use the method of uploading screenshots from Windows 10 and replacing them with the custom images. I...
  10. New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

in XBoX on Consoles
    New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!: So I have the new controller. Been told by microsoft that it won't work with a headset which has seperate cables for mic + audio, even if you use a jack adapter. Which is bizzare as that works...