Pointless Reporting system

Discus and support Pointless Reporting system in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There is no point in complaining to xbox. They are selective on whom they choose to reprimand/suspend. Is it that impossible to imagine that there are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lxX Lerma Xxl, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Pointless Reporting system

There is no point in complaining to xbox. They are selective on whom they choose to reprimand/suspend. Is it that impossible to imagine that there are employees who have ability within the company to ban/let people go? Especially with all of our information,
    I don't imagine it is that difficult.

They are more concerned with banning 'hate speech' or any speech that they deem to be politically fashionable to ban, such as disciplining people for saying bad things about the muslim religion but the Christian religion is fair game. Also, people who can
    game the reporting system with their friends/xbox employees are able to get you banned by using the very system they force you to use.

Microsoft and the 'support' they provide is bottom of the barrel-- your safety is the furthest from their concern. Your payments are important, and if they were to ban people based on safety and adherence to their own policy, a lot of their customer base
    would not be able to support the paid platform. They sell consoles, games and subscription to their service. If you say a bad word, and someone can game the reporting system to get you banned, they don't investigate that, nor do they reverse any decisions
    they arbitrarily make. Typically, the Microsoft support isn't even in our country (I have yet to find a native English speaker in support), aligned with our culture as Americans (too patriotic, that could be deemed offensive), nor are they consistent in their
    adherence to their own broad-stroke policy on online behavior.

Don't get your hopes up. You will get death threats, sexual harassment, threats of violence, racist remarks and be subject to generally awful language and human unpleasantness in abundance. Xbox/Microsoft will not help you in any way in this regard, so don't
    get your hopes up thinking they care and will step in for you. It happens more frequently than they choose to admit, and they don't have to care. Their pushback is, 'if you don't like the policies, don't use our service."

This is logical, and well stated in their policies. True, if you don't like it, don't use it. Despite the veracity and truth of this, it reveals the lack of care Microsoft has for its customers. You will get nothing but trite, meaningless platitudes that
    simply direct you to "file from your console" a complaint that is supposed to bring some sort of relief by means of the faith in the system it instills in the customer filing the complaint under the assumption that something will be done, a warning given,
    and the complainant notified. Nothing like this exists in reality; only in its presentation and how it is supposed to be. They sell you on how vigilant they are in going after people but it is the opposite.

Someone can actively harass you and if you respond, you are just as guilty, and will likely get a suspension, while the person initializing the harassment, receives nothing... they are still online and harassing others the next day.

This is downstream from culture that is getting worse in this regard.

:)

lxX Lerma Xxl, Jul 17, 2018
  2. sarnese100
    sarnese100 Guest
    Is abuse of the reporting system against TOS?

It depends who you ask. In my opinion, reporting someone for that is pointless, because 1. you're not using the report system for the correct purpose. 2. that is in no way close to tampering with the system. So really, doing it is a waste of time.

sarnese100, Jul 17, 2018
  3. noboundz
    noboundz Guest
    Xbox Live Over Other Platforms

The only way to report is with the dashboard reporting tools. Pointless to write anything down.

noboundz, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Geth
    Geth Guest

Bans do not occur without reason and do not happen based on sort of bias info.

If a enforcement action happens on an account it is most likely warranted and within reason.

No one here on the forums can help with enforcement actions.

5. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    All online services have rules and regulations that you accept when you sign for that service. Read the Code of Conduct!

That being said to post opinions or suggestions:
    https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/

M3tal Daz3, Jul 17, 2018
  6. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Oh believe me, there is. If you look through this forum, there are so many posts about people who complain about being suspended. The Enforcement system does work, however, depending on the type of complaint, it can take some time to verify the report, so
    the suspension is not immediately. Also, usually for privacy reasons, you don't get feedback if an action has been taken in regards to your report. Especially, if several people report one and the same think, the Enforcement system aggregates these multiple
    reports into only one report.

However, I don't quite get your intention. Are you complaining about having being banned yourself, or did you report someone, and they continue to harass you?

People can NOT "game" the reporting system. There is a misconception going around, that if a certain amount of people report you, you get automatically banned.

This is NOT how the reporting system works.

If someone does something that violates the Code of Conduct (CoC), and multiple people report that person, then the Reporting system will collect data from all these reports as evidence, and merge all reports into one single report. The more reports are
    added to that report, the faster it moves up through the reporting queue. But it still is only one single report. So it doesn't matter if only one person reports, or thousand people report. The only difference it makes is how fast the report reaches an Enforcement
    Team member.

They then check the attached evidence, and based on that data, they decide if a suspension is in order, of if there is no evidence showing a breach of the CoC, nothing will happen.

One single bad word that violates the CoC is indeed enough to get you banned, even if only one person reports you. See above: It doesn't matter how many people report you: If you violated the CoC with only one bad word, only one report is necessary.

If you did nothing wrong, thousands of people can report you, and nothing will happen.

It's also untrue that they don't investigate.

If you find a suspension you got was unjustified, you can go to https://enforcement.xbox.com and file a case review for suspensions that last longer than 24 hours. Since a real human being reads your explanation why the suspension was unjustified, they then
    have to check the original evidence from the report and see if a mistake was made.

But only the Enforcement Team can handle that case review. The Xbox support is not working at or with the Enforcement team, so the support can't help you.

It's like asking the technical support for your car why you got a speeding ticket.

Microsoft and Xbox do take harassment seriously. But in order to prevent people from "gaming" the system, and getting people banned by simply reporting them, every report is being checked by a real human being, which takes time.

During that time you should simply block the person that harasses you from contacting you.

Xbox provides the necessary means to block people from contacting you.

Should they use multiple accounts to get around your block, you can temporarily set your online and privacy settings to "Friends only", so only known people from your friend list can talk to you, and no one else.

In your post you say " Xbox/Microsoft will not help you in any way in this regard, so don't get your hopes up thinking they care and will step in for you. ... Their pushback is, 'if you don't like the policies, don't use our service. This is logical, and
    well stated in their policies."

Can you give me a link where it says that in their policies?

You complained about being able to only use the console's reporting feature. The reason you can only report someone through the console is, that the console gathers evidence that is being sent in with the report. Otherwise I could simply lie here in the
    forum that "lxX Lerma Xxl" harassed me, and the Enforcement team would waste their time looking for non-existing evidence how you harassed me.

If someone harasses you, and you respond with something THAT VIOLATES THE CODE OF CONDUCT, *you* violated the CoC as well, and have to face the punishment.

Since suspensions are temporary (but get longer with every issued suspension), people can get online again. If they continue to harass you, report them again and block them.

Arminator, Nov 3, 2018
  7. Arminator Win User

There is no point in complaining to xbox
    Oh believe me, there is. If you look through this forum, there are so many posts about people who complain about being suspended. The Enforcement system does work, however, depending on the type of complaint, it can take some time to verify the report, so
    the suspension is not immediately. Also, usually for privacy reasons, you don't get feedback if an action has been taken in regards to your report. Especially, if several people report one and the same think, the Enforcement system aggregates these multiple
    reports into only one report.

However, I don't quite get your intention. Are you complaining about having being banned yourself, or did you report someone, and they continue to harass you?

People can NOT "game" the reporting system. There is a misconception going around, that if a certain amount of people report you, you get automatically banned.

This is NOT how the reporting system works.

If someone does something that violates the Code of Conduct (CoC), and multiple people report that person, then the Reporting system will collect data from all these reports as evidence, and merge all reports into one single report. The more reports are
    added to that report, the faster it moves up through the reporting queue. But it still is only one single report. So it doesn't matter if only one person reports, or thousand people report. The only difference it makes is how fast the report reaches an Enforcement
    Team member.

They then check the attached evidence, and based on that data, they decide if a suspension is in order, of if there is no evidence showing a breach of the CoC, nothing will happen.

One single bad word that violates the CoC is indeed enough to get you banned, even if only one person reports you. See above: It doesn't matter how many people report you: If you violated the CoC with only one bad word, only one report is necessary.

If you did nothing wrong, thousands of people can report you, and nothing will happen.

It's also untrue that they don't investigate.

If you find a suspension you got was unjustified, you can go to https://enforcement.xbox.com and file a case review for suspensions that last longer than 24 hours. Since a real human being reads your explanation why the suspension was unjustified, they then
    have to check the original evidence from the report and see if a mistake was made.

But only the Enforcement Team can handle that case review. The Xbox support is not working at or with the Enforcement team, so the support can't help you.

It's like asking the technical support for your car why you got a speeding ticket.

Microsoft and Xbox do take harassment seriously. But in order to prevent people from "gaming" the system, and getting people banned by simply reporting them, every report is being checked by a real human being, which takes time.

During that time you should simply block the person that harasses you from contacting you.

Xbox provides the necessary means to block people from contacting you.

Should they use multiple accounts to get around your block, you can temporarily set your online and privacy settings to "Friends only", so only known people from your friend list can talk to you, and no one else.

In your post you say " Xbox/Microsoft will not help you in any way in this regard, so don't get your hopes up thinking they care and will step in for you. ... Their pushback is, 'if you don't like the policies, don't use our service. This is logical, and
    well stated in their policies."

Can you give me a link where it says that in their policies?

You complained about being able to only use the console's reporting feature. The reason you can only report someone through the console is, that the console gathers evidence that is being sent in with the report. Otherwise I could simply lie here in the
    forum that "lxX Lerma Xxl" harassed me, and the Enforcement team would waste their time looking for non-existing evidence how you harassed me.

If someone harasses you, and you respond with something THAT VIOLATES THE CODE OF CONDUCT, *you* violated the CoC as well, and have to face the punishment.

Since suspensions are temporary (but get longer with every issued suspension), people can get online again. If they continue to harass you, report them again and block them.
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

All online services have rules and regulations that you accept when you sign for that service. Read the Code of Conduct!

That being said to post opinions or suggestions:
    https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/
  9. Geth Win User

Bans do not occur without reason and do not happen based on sort of bias info.

If a enforcement action happens on an account it is most likely warranted and within reason.

No one here on the forums can help with enforcement actions.
  10. sarnese100 Win User

Is abuse of the reporting system against TOS?

It depends who you ask. In my opinion, reporting someone for that is pointless, because 1. you're not using the report system for the correct purpose. 2. that is in no way close to tampering with the system. So really, doing it is a waste of time.
  11. noboundz Win User

Xbox Live Over Other Platforms

The only way to report is with the dashboard reporting tools. Pointless to write anything down.
Thema:

1. Pointless Reporting system - Similar Threads - Pointless Reporting system

2. : A pointless new thread for an old issue

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : A pointless new thread for an old issue: : A pointless new thread for an old issue I unlocked your old thread since it does have all of the information already. As such, I'll be locking this thread. d0de8070-09ad-4bfd-94e2-863ef5f4bdf3
  3. Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only ...

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can you watch movies on your android phone or is it pointless to purchase them when your only ...: I own more then 20 movies from the store and want to watch them on my phone at work while it is slow but it only let me watch the trailers is there something I am missing because doing a search...
  4. Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievement Notifications are pointless and can't be disabled: Every time I unlock an Achievement while playing on my Xbox One, I now get a notification from the Xbox App on my iPhone. This is a totally pointless "feature". When I've unlocked an Achievement,...
  5. Why does nothing get done with hackers or moders it's pointless filing complaints because ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does nothing get done with hackers or moders it's pointless filing complaints because ...: rumadbro a class which is modest pointless playing against him he is a skilless cheat he changes classes if his team start loosing just to get the win but as xbox wont do nothing about him he eill...
  6. Pointless Chat Bans

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless Chat Bans: Xbox needs to start actually having people checking reports instead of auto-banning accounts. My friend got a week chat ban because he was calling two players out for throwing a competitive gears...
  7. Pointless restriction on ability to change your gamer picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless restriction on ability to change your gamer picture: So recently I have been looking to change my gamerpicture and after several tries found that no matter what I tried to upload, it just would not change. After getting in contact with Microsoft...
  8. Error code checker is pointless

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code checker is pointless: I was given a error code 0x802705a when I tried to load up neverwinter so I went to check on xbox.com to see what is it and yet again the error code checker does not reconize it serious MS what is...
  9. Pointless Enforcement Against Screenshot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pointless Enforcement Against Screenshot?: I don't have a usb stick or any other way to use custom backgrounds on my Xbox One, so I just use the method of uploading screenshots from Windows 10 and replacing them with the custom images. I...
  10. New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

in XBoX on Consoles
    New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!: So I have the new controller. Been told by microsoft that it won't work with a headset which has seperate cables for mic + audio, even if you use a jack adapter. Which is bizzare as that works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reporting people on xbox live is pointless