Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR

Discus and support Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello! A little while ago, I purchased a Blue Snowball microphone to use for commentating during recordings with Xbox Game DVR. Unfortunately, every... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Evtema3, Aug 15, 2019.

1. /u/Evtema3
    /u/Evtema3 Guest

Hello! A little while ago, I purchased a Blue Snowball microphone to use for commentating during recordings with Xbox Game DVR. Unfortunately, every time I try to use the microphone with Game DVR, the audio sounds like it's coming from a tin can and is noticeably worse than if I were to use Audacity or Voice Recorder after the fact instead. However, I would still like to be able to use my microphone for live recordings, and so far I haven't found a better free alternative to Game DVR for recording high quality game footage (my laptop isn't powerful enough for either OBS or NVIDIA Shadowplay, and most other programs come with watermarks/time limits or look pretty shady). I also could just use my built-in laptop microphone with Game DVR, but the whole reason why I got the Blue Snowball microphone was so that I would have better microphone quality than I do currently (I also don't have any other microphones to try this with at the moment).

If anyone has any ideas for how I could go about solving this issue, that would be greatly appreciated! It's been stumping me all summer, and I would really like to be able to make videos with my microphone for once since that was the whole point of my purchasing it.

I also hope this was the right place to post to, since a Microsoft Support agent referred me to an Xbox Insiders page to begin with. Please let me know if there's a better place to put this!

And here's a relevant forum post, if it helps; I'm having the same exact problem as the users there.

submitted by /u/Evtema3
    [link] [comments]

/u/Evtema3, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Arminator Win User

Blue snowball

Since the Blue Snowball is an USB microphone, it does NOT work with the Xbox One currently.

Only microphones that plug into the analogue 3.5mm jack of the controller will work. Also make sure, that when you want to use a standard 3.5mm jack microphone, that you will need an adapter that puts the microphone and ground contact at the correct position
    with a CTIA adapter.
  3. Big King Fun Win User
  4. onyxishere Win User

No sound from xbox one on tv

5. eagle spank Win User

Game DVR Windows 10 Update, Microphone Quality now Poor

Hi Sam,

Issues with Game DVR on Xbox app may be due to various reasons. It is possible that the update was incompletely installed or corrupted.

To resolve your concern, here are some solutions that you can perform on the computer:

Solution 1. Run the Windows App Troubleshooter to troubleshoot issues with apps on your computer.

You can go to this
    link
    and click the Run troubleshooter button to run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

Solution 2. Check new updates for your apps in Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Solution 3. Check your Game DVR settings.

1. Launch the Xbox app, and then select Settings.
    2. Go to Game DVR tab and make sure that Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is set to On.

If the same issue occurs after performing the basic solutions above, you can go to this

link
    and perform the steps provided to resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.
    Thanks for your reply, I'm still having issues after trying all possible fixes including your suggested ideas.

I spoke to a tech team agent and after deleting the app using PowerShell and testing both the Windows 10 Xbox App and Beta version the issue still persists.

We tried several other fixes but to no avail, this exclusively an issue with the Xbox in Game DVR recording when recording commentary using a microphone, the audio quality on the microphone is of a poor quality when playing back the recording. I tested several
    microphones but the poor quality still exists. The in-game audio recording is fine.

This is not an issue with hardware my side. When I used other recording software such as Microsoft Voice Recorder the audio quality is perfect, as it was before the Windows 10 Xbox One App update last week. I've also tried two different computers and I'm
    having the same issue. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Sam
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Audio issues after setting up TV functions

Thema:

1. Poor Audio Quality with Blue Snowball Microphone and Xbox Game DVR - Similar Threads - Poor Audio Quality

2. [xbox update] Is this mean I have poor wifi connection at home? Need help. Thanks.

in XboX Insiders
    [xbox update] Is this mean I have poor wifi connection at home? Need help. Thanks.: [IMG] submitted by /u/ahbh93_ [link] [comments]
  3. Controllers poor quality.

in XboX Insiders
    Controllers poor quality.: Where do I buy a standard wireless Xbox one controller that doesn’t have controller drift right out of the box brand new? I’ve gotten 4 all from DIFFERENT sellers on amazon and EVERY SINGLE ONE...
  4. Xbox One S Controller poor response via Bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S Controller poor response via Bluetooth on PC: im not sure if it's an issue with my controller aging or my new Motherboard's Integrated Bluetooth (MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi) that has been causing issues with the response with bluetooth. It...
  5. Poor performance with 2000+ add-ons installed for one game

in XboX Insiders
    Poor performance with 2000+ add-ons installed for one game: Ever since last month's regular update, having thousands of add-ons for a single game (specifically Rock Band 4) causes the console's performance to drop: Going to "Manage Game" for a small game...
  6. Streaming on Win 10 (latest alpha ring): lag and poor quality!

in XboX Insiders
    Streaming on Win 10 (latest alpha ring): lag and poor quality!: I am on alpha and I have 1911.190916-1945, companion app installed (48.55.30001) on my win 10 pro (18362 - 15063.356). With latest alpha on xbox streaming is a disaster: lag and poor quality....
  7. Crashes, 'getting your app ready' and otherwise poor behaviour

in XboX Insiders
    Crashes, 'getting your app ready' and otherwise poor behaviour: I'm a bit at a loss here. The software is absolutely horendous, as it crashes quite often, my apps are always 'getting ready to launch' and just crash back, and I can't seem to fix it. I've tried...
  8. Poor Game Performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Poor Game Performance: I cannot seem to figure out why I get such poor performance on any game downloaded on my system. i7 9700K 2070 | 16GB DDR4 RAM | NVME SSD ANY Game except for Metro, runs at 3 FPS, but it...
  9. Possible refund for a poor quality game

in XBoX on Windows
    Possible refund for a poor quality game: Hi, I bought the game Hello Neighbor for my son just over a month ago. What I didn't realise is that it's been slow and glitching almost from the time I bought it. At £24.99, I'm pretty annoyed...
  10. Headset Adapter - Poor game audio quality / audio clipping / cutting out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Adapter - Poor game audio quality / audio clipping / cutting out: I see tons of complaints about the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, but not this particular one. I DON'T have any static sounds on the dashboard, but I do have overall horrible audio quality....