Possible ALLM & VRR Issue

Discus and support Possible ALLM & VRR Issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a quick question and hopefully someone has an answer or possible solution. I just upgraded my LG 65OLEDC8 to the new 65OLEDC9 that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Jrocker23, Aug 9, 2019.

1. /u/Jrocker23
    /u/Jrocker23 Guest

Hey all,

I have a quick question and hopefully someone has an answer or possible solution.

I just upgraded my LG 65OLEDC8 to the new 65OLEDC9 that supports ALLM & VRR. My issue is with my Xbox one x the options in the settings to activate each feature are greyed out.

The weird thing is when I play HDR games, the ALLM feature works. As soon as the game starts to launch, the regula preset I use switches to HDR game mode. This is great but...

The other weird thing and issue is ALLM doesn't work with any SDR game. It doesn't switch & stays on my normal tv preset.

Any one have any info on this. I'm striking out searching the web.

Reported through the console as well.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Jrocker23
    [link] [comments]

/u/Jrocker23, Aug 9, 2019
  2. OneScaryNerd Win User

Samsung HG40EA790MS: FreeSync issue on Samsung Q7FN TV

Hey Paul!

Not a resolution problem but a VRR/FreeSync issue. The XboxOneX detects my TV and enables Automatic Game mode and VRR/FreeSync. But I'm seeing these rolling bars. I can turn off VRR/FreeSync on both 1440p@120Hz and 4K@60Hz and the problem is gone.

So it's a VRR/FreeSync issue. I'm seeing on YouTube others demonstrating this new TV with these gaming features with XboxOneX and all of them have rolling bars. Some say they cant see it and that it can only bee seen when watching a recording because of
    the refresh rate. But I can clearly see it.

So either I have some super eyes. Or there's something wrong somewhere or others claiming they cant see it haven't noticed it yet. An example of that is clouding on LCD TV's. People I know dont know what that is until I explain it and show it on their TV's.
    Then they see it all the time suddenly....
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

HDR Flickering Screen Tearing Xbox One X on LG OLED E9

Hi DizzleD,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I noticed you said this issue occurs even after turning off VRR but have you tried toggling Dolby Vision and see if you get screen tears with it on and off? Also I noticed from the support article titled "How
    to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One
    ", that auto low latency mode (game mode) can affect HDR colors since some of that processing may be disabled to reduce the latency. If you have game mode on in the settings, try turning it off and see if
    you get the same picture quality.

Try again with those two settings turned off and see if the screen is still flickering.

If that still does not work, then you will just need to wait for a future system update fixing video passthrough with 4K, HDR, & VRR enabled TV's. The Xbox One X had this feature primarily for display's that supported VRR through AMD FreeSync or HDMI-VRR
    and these display were usually monitors that only had 1440p resolution, and not 4K. So it seems that the issue lies with VRR plus HDR with 4K resolutions at 60Hz, since it should work fine at 1080p or 1440p with either 60 Hz or 120 Hz.

If this is the case, I recommend reporting the issue to the Insider team through the

Xbox Insider hub app
  4. XBF Paul M Win User

Is it possible 100hz comes to XboxOne, and or fix 1440p VRR

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to assist, I definitely understand where you are coming from with this idea. It sounds like a great idea and I think you should totally post it here on
    Xbox Ideas
    . I hope this helps you with the topic.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  5. Sanana94 Win User

Is it possible 100hz comes to XboxOne, and or fix 1440p VRR

Actually Xbox one X has 120Hz support for games and apps in 1080p. Other formats may be related to performance/HW limitations.

Pleas post your idea to
    https://feedback.xbox.com
    it's the right place where to post new ideas and feedback ;)
  6. DizzleD Win User

HDR Flickering Screen Tearing Xbox One X on LG OLED E9

Yes :( Tried all HDMI ports and ran calibration test. I have an IT background so definitely tried all of the more common sense stuff - also did most of the testing by turning tv and xbox on and off to make sure I was gettingthe right handshake. None of it
    seemed to help. (As an aside, thank you to everyone for your suggestion no matter how big or small. I always appreciate a community of people helping each other - so thanks!!!)

I realized this morning that there are other LG TV owners with the new VRR/HDR tv’s (series 9 OLED TV’s) that are having a similar issue. This looks like it’s a problem with the Xbox OneX not being able to supply the TV with the full signal for 60HZ 4K HDR
    & VRR. If anyone is very tech savvy they may be able to better dissect this - but it looks like Xbox will need to issue some kind of firmware update.

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussion/4010/55-in-c9-oled-vrr-issues/p7

(FYI if you’re reading this, the C9 and E9 tv’s use the same hardware so this issue is replicated in my tv)
Thema:

1. Possible ALLM & VRR Issue - Similar Threads - Possible ALLM VRR

2. Single Player Sea of Thieves Run - Possible, or a total waste of time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Single Player Sea of Thieves Run - Possible, or a total waste of time?: Ahoy folks! So recently I ended up in a scenario where I got to chat with one of the devs of Sea of Thieves and we got onto the fact that it was definitely a game designed to be played with a...
  3. is it possible to record gta 4 with xbox dvr and have sound as well?

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it possible to record gta 4 with xbox dvr and have sound as well?: is it possible to record gta 4 with xbox dvr and have sound as well? why are you doing these to us? c808f506-4ec8-4367-a169-860c9bf364d2
  4. Roblox error code 103 (possible solution)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox error code 103 (possible solution): So, my daughter E had been trying to play Roblox Bloxburg with my other daughter L. E is playing on my Xbox one on my adult Xbox account and adult Roblox account, but when she tried to log into...
  5. Is it possible to play a save game on two different devices?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to play a save game on two different devices?: It may be a question that already has been answered somewhere around here, but I couldn't find the answer, hence: I'm moving to Switzerland soon, me and my brother-in-law play Fifa 19 career mode...
  6. Is it possible to change the currency of our subscriptions ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to change the currency of our subscriptions ?: Hello everyone, I would like to know if there is a way to change the currency of our payment and subscription. I'm from France and I recently moved in Canada for work. So, now that I get my...
  7. Possible fix for Xbox One Backwards Compatibility online error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible fix for Xbox One Backwards Compatibility online error: After not having any luck taking backwards compatible 360 games online, I turned to the message boards to see if anyone else fixed this problem on their Xbox One. While none of the suggested...
  8. is it possible to get a refund of xbox game pass subscription, that i didn't know i bought

in XBoX on Windows
    is it possible to get a refund of xbox game pass subscription, that i didn't know i bought: hi, i recently checked my Microsoft account, and saw under transactions, that i had been paying for Xbox game pass the last 5 month, without knowing. i hope i can get a refund if it is possible,...
  9. Is it possible to join Live Gaming Tournaments via the Xbox One console for Prizes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to join Live Gaming Tournaments via the Xbox One console for Prizes?: I wanted to know can I join gaming tournaments via my Xbox One console by going anywhere specific on it? Can I only join gaming tournaments via a 3rd party website? Can I join both by console &...
  10. Possible to turn off to anybody connect my xbox in the youtube app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible to turn off to anybody connect my xbox in the youtube app?: I use wired internet and the app on my phone stull show the icon i try everything and search but still anybody connect my xbox a3b8c30e-7748-44da-997b-c043885e87ff