Possible issue with externally SSD- Xbox Series X

Discus and support Possible issue with externally SSD- Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; In the alpha skip ahead ring, I was having issues with "quick resume". Upon further investigation, I concluded the issue was only pertaining to items... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Best_Ad441, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Possible issue with externally SSD- Xbox Series X

In the alpha skip ahead ring, I was having issues with "quick resume". Upon further investigation, I concluded the issue was only pertaining to items stored on the external SSD that is made specifically for the new consoles. I could switch games/apps stored internally without a glitch. It would launch one game from the external but never another without a hard reset of the console. I thought maybe it was the SSD being faulty but I was able to transfer from and to either storage device.

I have grown accustomed to bugs but I can't do the alpha ring anymore. I switched to delta and my external storage card began operating optimally again. Good luck!

submitted by /u/Best_Ad441
    [link] [comments]

/u/Best_Ad441, Jul 28, 2021
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
  4. ACHV HighBounce Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

This has been covered and been mentioned as it has been a big concern. Right now, yes you can use your external SSD to play Xbox One and Xbox 360 games but you will not be able to play stored SX games on the external SSD. To be able to able to play SX
    games they need to installed on the Series X's SSD not the external one.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

You can or should be able to use it for the Series X but i don't recommend running your games from it,

as you wont get the fast loading or fast travel time of what the Series X custom NVMe SSD is capable of,

It's best to use any external HDD or SSD for just game storage and transfer you most played games onto the Series X NVMe SSD.
  6. REK 1 Win User

Xbox one external harddrive

Yes but cant install xbox series x games, they have to be installed on the ssd. All others games will and can run off of external drive
Thema:

Possible issue with externally SSD- Xbox Series X

1. Possible issue with externally SSD- Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Possible issue externally

2. Audio Issues with Xbox Bluetooth Adapter for PC (possibly on Xbox)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues with Xbox Bluetooth Adapter for PC (possibly on Xbox): Video Example: https://youtu.be/aeeorxvRWVY At the moment, I'm currently having some audio issues when using the Xbox Bluetooth Adapter on PC. This mainly occurs in games such as Halo Infinite...
  3. Update error 0X8B050033 while trying to open ark Possible Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Update error 0X8B050033 while trying to open ark Possible Issue: Update error 0X8B050033 while trying to open ark [img] ec61da11-7764-4d14-922e-22dbc034d984
  4. Minecraft world and character loading issue (possibly rare occurrence)

in XboX Insiders
    Minecraft world and character loading issue (possibly rare occurrence): I decided to run Minecraft, it loads in fine on opening screen, same with the others, to get to the world selector. pick my main world I used for a few months and it takes about 5 to 6 mins. I...
  5. Possible issue with changing status on profile after recent delta update

in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue with changing status on profile after recent delta update: In the recent update that came out for delta, we seem to cant change our online status on the Xbox. It is also happening on the Xbox app due to the fact that our accounts are in the Xbox insider...
  6. Possible issue with new edge browser

in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue with new edge browser: When you hover the pointer over a button, link, etc... that uses :hover CSS to change the look of said button, link, etc... and are only using a controller to navigate, the button, link, etc......
  7. Issue with call of duty black ops latest update possibly related to the newest alpha skip build

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with call of duty black ops latest update possibly related to the newest alpha skip build: Since I recieved the latest update on 8/12/21 for COD Black Ops Cold War when I attempt to start the game i get a message of getting game ready only to then have the something went wrong message I...
  8. Possible Issue to Xbox Insider Hub App

in XboX Insiders
    Possible Issue to Xbox Insider Hub App: I cannot launch the Xbox Insider Hub app on Xbox ever since my console updated to the latest alpha skip ahead build. I keep getting this message when I launch the app “Getting your app ready this...
  9. Possible External Hard Drive Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible External Hard Drive Issues: I recently purchased an external hard drive and noticed there were some connection issues. For instance, on Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2, my Xbox One would not connect with the EA servers...
  10. Xbox One External Drive issues - Possible fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One External Drive issues - Possible fix: Just wanted to put this up in case my fix can help anyone else. Purchased a couple of Seagate 3.5 inch 7200 RPM 4 TB drives, one for PC one for Xbox One. Put the one for the xbox in a Sabrent...