Possible mass banning? - Possible fault with enforcement?

Discus and support Possible mass banning? - Possible fault with enforcement? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I was recently given communication ban on xbox - this was my first account to ever be banned you see so i became quite desperate to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Awsome117, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Awsome117
    Awsome117 Guest

Hi everyone,

I was recently given communication ban on xbox - this was my first account to ever be banned you see so i became quite desperate to figure out why i was banned.

What i discovered was a large group of posts that all had extremely similar reasons to being banned, even similar situations- Large amounts of bans that had been handed out in a single day to players.

It appears that Microsoft has some type of faulty system with some type of automated system that detects users inputs on lfg of a wrong doing - and proceeds to ban them within 24 hours.

I believe that it is indeed automated due to the impossibility of banning so many accounts of players within a short time span.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...t_post_on_the_xbox_lfg_theres_a_glitch_going/

Here’s a link regarding these mass bans that will take you to some more posts too regarding this.

However another scenario could be that Enforcement has become extremely strict or this all could be some type of freak coincidence.

If this is however a real mistake then the enforcement team must be made aware of this at least. But from what I’ve researched - getting any type of information out to them is almost impossible.

So just be careful when using any communication on Xbox for now everyone!

:)

Awsome117, Nov 16, 2019
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Some years ago there was a section here on the support forums where you could contact an Xbox enforcement agent and maybe get a better answer but they took that down. I have had my doubts about the whole enforcement process for a long time, how many people
    must they have working on that as there has to be several thousands of reports per day which I find impossible to believe is humanly possible to have each one checked by a real person. I find it interesting when people claim to have been suspended instantly,
    not that I don't believe that but if it's true there has to be some sort of bot in the system somewhere.

Either way if you included anything in any message be that voice or text that breaks the terms or code of conduct, odds are something will happen.

There has never been a clear cut pointer in those reasons for a suspension other than the standard message you see. Now you'll get people saying every report is checked by a human, how do they know that ? because it says so on the enforcement website that's
    how but that doesn't make it true. It says OXO on buses but that doesn't mean they sell them.

Transparency is something Microsoft harp on about yet the enforcement process is as transparent as a very foggy night, one has to wonder why the enforcement team if there is one ( I have my own opinions on that ) hides behind closed doors.

You have to take things on the basis that what is stated is the truth, having never been involved in any enforcement action I have no experience with the process itself.

The best advice anyone can offer is to think not twice but several times before doing anything that could lead to enforcement, that way you keep not only other users of the Live service safe but also yourself.

You'll usually find that threads like this get locked pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if that happens !!
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Some years ago there was a section here on the support forums where you could contact an Xbox enforcement agent and maybe get a better answer but they took that down. I have had my doubts about the whole enforcement process for a long time, how many people
    must they have working on that as there has to be several thousands of reports per day which I find impossible to believe is humanly possible to have each one checked by a real person. I find it interesting when people claim to have been suspended instantly,
    not that I don't believe that but if it's true there has to be some sort of bot in the system somewhere.

Either way if you included anything in any message be that voice or text that breaks the terms or code of conduct, odds are something will happen.

There has never been a clear cut pointer in those reasons for a suspension other than the standard message you see. Now you'll get people saying every report is checked by a human, how do they know that ? because it says so on the enforcement website that's
    how but that doesn't make it true. It says OXO on buses but that doesn't mean they sell them.

Transparency is something Microsoft harp on about yet the enforcement process is as transparent as a very foggy night, one has to wonder why the enforcement team if there is one ( I have my own opinions on that ) hides behind closed doors.

You have to take things on the basis that what is stated is the truth, having never been involved in any enforcement action I have no experience with the process itself.

The best advice anyone can offer is to think not twice but several times before doing anything that could lead to enforcement, that way you keep not only other users of the Live service safe but also yourself.

You'll usually find that threads like this get locked pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if that happens !!
  4. TDK Skin Walker Win User

The only details I could find is from an E-mail he was sent, saying that it could be complaints from other people. He showed me all his recent messages and none of them was out of line and none of them was deleted by Microsoft. Most of them was GG messages.
    We thought it could because he sends so many GG messages that his account was flagged as a cam bot.
  5. Awsome117 Win User

Hello Walker

It may be possible that he is a similar victim of this.

I dont suppose you could post the details that enforcement provided to his ban?

Thanks.
  6. Flymonkey102 Win User

Hmm that's weird. Mine definitely had to colorful language I put in my message in addition to the message you posted.
Thema:

1. Possible mass banning? - Possible fault with enforcement? - Similar Threads - Possible mass banning

2. Is it possible to get a refund for DLC bought for game pass games that are no longer available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to get a refund for DLC bought for game pass games that are no longer available?: Recently bought 2 expansions for cities skylines and now it looks like the game is no longer available. Is it possible to get a refunds for the DLC or did I get totally scammed? Either way at...
  3. Is it possible to plug another xbox controller into the adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to plug another xbox controller into the adaptive controller?: Is it possible to plug another xbox controller into the adaptive controller? In particular I've got a bunch of original xbox controllers. Will I be able to connect them if I buy a usb adapter for...
  4. It's possible to remote control the tv with the xbox gamepad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's possible to remote control the tv with the xbox gamepad?: Hi, I have a samsung tv, I am using xbox netflix app and I want to control the volume of the tv through my xbox remote Is that possible? How can I do it? I followed some tutorials and the xbox...
  5. Is it possible to use my Microsoft account for Java? (Hope this isn't in the wrong category)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to use my Microsoft account for Java? (Hope this isn't in the wrong category): I have Java edition, and on my Xbox I also have Minecraft, and I was wondering if I could use my Xbox account for Java? (My Xbox is synced with my Microsoft Account)...
  6. is it possible to join back to insiders with a different account

in XboX Insiders
    is it possible to join back to insiders with a different account: i made an alt and made my insiders with it and not i can’t remember the password and i used a fake email and now i can’t change it from omega and i want to get to beta can anyone help :)...
  7. Is it possible to copy a world from the Minecraft Windows 10 edition over to the java edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to copy a world from the Minecraft Windows 10 edition over to the java edition?: Hello, my question is exactly as I stated above, is it possible to copy my world from the Minecraft Windows 10 edition to the java edition? If yes it would be great if someone explained how to...
  8. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Microsoft online vs. Steam Friends possible?

in XBoX on Windows
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition Microsoft online vs. Steam Friends possible?: Hello everyone, I try to play Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition vs. my Friends. The problem we have is that they have got the steam version, I got the microsoft version and we can't find each...
  9. mass deleting of people if possible

in XBoX Accessibility
    mass deleting of people if possible: can we please get a mass friend/follower delete option. It takes way to much time out of or gaming time if we constantly have to spend about an hour or two deleting over 200 people who are no...
  10. Mass reports and saltiness, with possible hacks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mass reports and saltiness, with possible hacks: I just got out of a match with a supposed new player to xbox live on R6 Siege. I killed a guy he was shooting around and he team killed me, I asked him why, and he said I do it all the time, so I...