Possible to program Uverse black remote for XBOX One media control?

Discus and support Possible to program Uverse black remote for XBOX One media control? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I haven't had much luck in other forums so I thought I would try this one. Has anyone with AT&T Uverse programmed the Uverse black remote to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oneoreleven, Jun 10, 2014.

1. oneoreleven
    oneoreleven Guest

Hi all,

I haven't had much luck in other forums so I thought I would try this one. Has anyone with AT&T Uverse programmed the Uverse black remote to be able to control the XBOX One? I'm not as interested in turning it off an on with the remote, but rather controlling
    the media functions in Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. The XBOX One media remote for sale looks nice, but really I'd rather just have one remote for simplicity- my AT&T Uverse remote. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

:)

oneoreleven, Jun 10, 2014
  2. HP ENVY 32 monitor & Xbox remote control

Hey there CheckedCoyote64! Thanks for reaching out to us.

Just so we're on the same page, when you mention the Xbox One remote control, are you referring to the

Media Remote
    or the Xbox One
    controller
    ?

If this is in regards to the media remote, let's try out our

troubleshooter
    when you get a chance. In addition to that guide we recommend reaching out to the monitors
    manufacturer to explore some possible options & for some more insight regarding the compatibility between your monitor & the Xbox One remote control.

Mister Kernel, Jun 10, 2014
  3. XBF Leonzo G
    XBF Leonzo G Guest
    Latest Update Caused Xbox One Media Remote (OEM) to Stop Recognizing Volume and Mute Commands

Hello pjkearney,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Is the troubleshooting article you mentioned completing entitled

About the Xbox One Media Remote
    ? Is this console enrolled in the
    Xbox Insider program
    ? Be sure to let us know the results!

XBF Leonzo G, Jun 10, 2014
  4. Possible to program Uverse black remote for XBOX One media control?

I too would love to have this information. I will continue searching for a code or some workaround but have came up empty thus far.

DredPirateSERDA, Aug 14, 2014
  5. DredPirateSERDA Win User

I too would love to have this information. I will continue searching for a code or some workaround but have came up empty thus far.
  6. Jack T. Chance Win User

'New' Xbox Media Remote Control led lights?

Except for a single light around the "OK" button in the center, no, it does NOT light-up! And that's why, even though I wanted a black remote ever since buying an Xbox 360 Elite 4 years ago, I refuse to buy the new remote. They should have just reissued
    the original Xbox 360 Media Remote with a black shell on it. And they should have done it 4 years ago, when the Elites came out! :p

Instead, I used eBay to track down a Snakebyte Xbox 360 Media Remote Elite Edition from the UK! Unlike most 3rd party, unlicensed remotes, it works every bit as well as the official one from Microsoft, and it has a BLACK shell and keys that are backlit
    like the keys on the original Microsoft Media Remote! They're ridiculously hard to find, as few dealers sell them, but if you can get your hands on one, it's the black remote that Microsoft's SHOULD have been! ^_^

The other option is to order a skin for the original Media Remote, but I couldn't find any plain black ones, and the ones I found that were mostly black, I just plain didn't like. >_<

Still, that last option is cheaper than the option I chose, due to the cost of Air Mail shipping from the UK to the US. And as with many other such things, Your Mileage May Vary, so it's entirely possible one of the available options for a (mostly) black
    Media Remote Skin WOULD be to your liking.
  7. Rjcrane Win User

Media Remote and Xbox One

[quote user="chapmanjw85"]Is there anyway to get the Xbox 360 Media Remote to work with the Xbox One?[/quote]

Unfortunately the Xbox 360 remote is not compatible with the Xbox One and at the moment the Microsoft are not planning to change this.

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-one-media-remote-info

[quote user="JBAINOSIDE"]Still any possibility to a new Xbox One media remote that has numbers? The new one has no number pad, so i can't use it to change channels. Still any possibility to a new Xbox One media remote that has numbers? The new one has
    no number pad, so I can't use it to change channels.[/quote]

Microsoft may redesign and release the Xbox One media remote similar to how they did with the Xbox 360 remote in the future but this is just speculation however I believe there are some 3rd party remotes that maybe have the use of a number pad to change
    channel such as Logitech Harmony remote range. I believe the control is designed like this to possible make people use the Kinect features more.
  8. Mrliddell76 Win User

XBox 360 media remote code for SamSung Hp-S5053

Program the media remote for your TV

Before your media remote can work with your television set, you need to program it for use with your particular brand of TV. There are two ways to program your media remote: manually entering your TV code or scanning to find your TV code.

Note After 30 seconds of inactivity, the media remote will exit the TV programming mode. Pressing any button besides Select, 0–9, or Channel Up/Down returns the media remote to its original mode and ends programming mode. Now, take the batteries out of the
    remote for about 3 - 5 minutes to allow it to reset. From there replace the batteries in the remote and try the instruction that came with the remote (PDF). If that doesn't work then try to program the remote to a different tv to make sure the remote works
    properly. Please just remember to program the remote within 9 seconds to prevent the

remote from resetting again in the middle of programming it.

Watch the following video to see how to program the media remote for your TV.
  9. Sedatives Win User

Media Remote

Additional - This is the original white universal media remote, not the newer black one.
Thema:

1. Possible to program Uverse black remote for XBOX One media control? - Similar Threads - Possible program Uverse

2. when the public build gets released, is it possible to do a reset of the preview program?

in XboX Insiders
    when the public build gets released, is it possible to do a reset of the preview program?: like get everyone out and make people sign up if we really want to do it, as a lot of posts i see are people unaware of the program to begin with and just complain about updates we can still keep...
  3. 2nd hand xbox in insider program (possibly faulty)

in XboX Insiders
    2nd hand xbox in insider program (possibly faulty): Hi All, Recently got an xbox one x second hand, which looks like it's in the insider program & I'm not sure if that's the cause of the issues I'm experiencing: The console keeps frequently...
  4. Minecraft Beta Program issues and a possible solution

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Beta Program issues and a possible solution: I have noticed that some people who have the Minecraft Beta are unable to play on the worlds of friends that do not have the Beta. A possible solution to this would be to have two separate apps...
  5. Xbox Preview Program possible invite?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Preview Program possible invite?: Hey, I just searching invite preview program so is it possible anymore?, because yes i have some 1-2 random friend who have it but they don't answering back, so is there anyone who have be part...
  6. Invite to backwards compatibility preview program if possible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Invite to backwards compatibility preview program if possible: Hi i have a fairly small community of friends on xbox and i was really hoping that someone could invite me into the preview program for the backwards compatability. I tried to find the forum that...
  7. Xbox One startup issue (insider program is possibly at fault)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One startup issue (insider program is possibly at fault): Yesterday my Xbox froze in the middle of a YouTube video, so i restarted it. It the made a strange clicking noise and came up with the startup error screen. Initially it said the error code was...
  8. asking about possibilities to stream for twitch while being a preview program member

in XBoX on Consoles
    asking about possibilities to stream for twitch while being a preview program member: the type is support so idk if this is a private post or a public one. So to be on the safe side, im not going to post my name for now. first time posting in the forums. just got access yesterday....
  9. Having Every Possible Issue on my Xbox due to the Preview Program

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having Every Possible Issue on my Xbox due to the Preview Program: I've tried about every Method. Contacted Support numerous times. The Preview Support here goes to tell me to contact Standard support then says they are incorrect. As of last night my console is...
  10. Xbox one chat and home page issues. (possible preview program issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one chat and home page issues. (possible preview program issue): Im having lots of trouble with my xone right now, i cannot chat to anyone online anymore i can hear everyone fine but they cant hear me, my home page is completely blank nothing in the store or...