Possible to use the headset with skype?

Discus and support Possible to use the headset with skype? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First things first... My Room is small, maybe 2 people could fit in here comfortably. This means my Kinect is pretty much right underneath my wall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NoobieyKins, May 29, 2014.

1. NoobieyKins
    NoobieyKins Guest

First things first...

My Room is small, maybe 2 people could fit in here comfortably. This means my Kinect is pretty much right underneath my wall mounted tv sitting ontop of my Xbox One.

I want to use my headset instead of the kinect for a mic with the kinect still plugged in while using skype.

:)

NoobieyKins, May 29, 2014
  2. GeoffBuck
    GeoffBuck Guest
    Does Xbox One support standard 3.5mm headset

I use standard 3.5mm headset. It's the type of headset you use with phones with a 3.5mm jack. No microphone so no voice chat. It's just for the sound. The same jack as little earphones for cellphones. Is it possible to plug these in ?

GeoffBuck, May 29, 2014
  3. ThomasHilger
    ThomasHilger Guest
    Transmitting game/device audio through Xbox One Chat Headset?

Hi,

at the moment this is not possible. Only the voice chat is transmitted to the Xbox One headset. You can´t use any other bluetooth headset with the Xbox One.

ThomasHilger, May 29, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

Voice commands should still work regardless of how small your room is. Also whats the point of Skyping someone if they cant see you?

x24hrs2livex, May 29, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex Win User

Voice commands should still work regardless of how small your room is. Also whats the point of Skyping someone if they cant see you?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

headset for xbox one

Hi, no it is not possible to connect a USB headset to the Xbox One. You have to connect a headset either wireless or using the 3.5mm connector on the controller or with the headset adapter.
  7. XxDorasBKPKxX Win User

Headset stopped working with wireless controller

it is possible that it is the controller 3.5mm headset jack. The internal housing is possibly worn out. Try plugging the headset into your phone and playing some music through the headset. If the headset plays music, then it is the controller. If it does
    not play music then it is the headset. With tech stuff you have to use process of elimination to figure out the problem usually!

Hope this helps,

Your friendly gamer.
  8. Skeeter Quill Win User

Turtle Beach PX21 on Xbox One Question

You should be able to use this for game chat with the stereo headset adapter. Possibly they haven't updated this on the TB website as its an older model headset.
  9. Mister Maka Win User

Sidebar headset settings won't change

Hey there!

What type of headset are you using with your controller? It sounds like the settings are possibly resetting when the headset loses connection. Have you tried a different headset or a different controller?
Thema:

1. Possible to use the headset with skype? - Similar Threads - Possible headset skype

2. Is it possible to turn on gameplay audio for the Xbox One Chat Headset provided?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to turn on gameplay audio for the Xbox One Chat Headset provided?: I have seen multiple times that other headsets have the capability to play the audio from the games themselves, and I am wondering whether this is possible or not for the Xbox One chat headset. If...
  3. [Party heard through headset, only speak not possible.]

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Party heard through headset, only speak not possible.]: Hi Leute, seit gestern Abend funktioniert mein Headset irgendwie nichtmehr. Ich kann jeden in meiner Party hören, nur erkennt mein Mic garnichts. Mein Headset ist das Standard Headset was...
  4. Possible to use Xbox 360 headset + 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter with new 3.5 mm Xbox One ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to use Xbox 360 headset + 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter with new 3.5 mm Xbox One ...: I have an Xbox 360 wired headset with a 2.5 mm jack, combined with a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter I got from Monoprice. When I connect them to the new 3.5 mm jack Xbox One controller, I can hear audio...
  5. Possible to stream Xbox one to VR Headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to stream Xbox one to VR Headset?: Been reading up on oculus rift, and came across imitations like using your phone with Google cardboard as a VR set. So it got me thinking, is there a way to stream xbox one to your phone screen?...
  6. Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Stereo Headset (and possibly chat headset)- I can hear Game & System Audio but ...: The Subject is self explanatory of my issue. To get in specifics, here is what I tried: First off, I used the Chat Headset that shipped with my console for over 2 years. The mic started to not...
  7. Possible options to use x12 headset with xbox one on a computer monitor without built in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible options to use x12 headset with xbox one on a computer monitor without built in ...: Ok so this is a breakdown of my abomination of a gaming set up... I have a computer monitor with only DVI does not have HDMI port it also does not have speakers hence no audio jack ports to get...
  8. Possible solution for Headset Adaptor problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible solution for Headset Adaptor problems: Like a lot of people I've had issues with the headset adaptor where suddenly people can't hear me talk and the only solution to get it working is to turn my Xbox off at the mains. I think I may...
  9. Possibility of Sidetone on Xbox One Stereo Headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possibility of Sidetone on Xbox One Stereo Headset?: After a moderate amount of shopping around last summer, I picked up the Xbox One Stereo Headset. It seemed like the sweet spot of price and performance for me, and I'm happy to say that it turned...
  10. Is it possible to separate Game and TV audio when wearing a Turtle Beach Headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to separate Game and TV audio when wearing a Turtle Beach Headset?: Quirky question I know. Here's the deal: I would like to be able play my Xbox One game, and snap the TV and separate the audio. Have the audio for the game/chat on a Turtle Beach headset, TV...