Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected?

Discus and support Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Is there a way to bypass the connected bluetooth device requirement to start streaming on an Android device? I'm sitting 10 ft. away from the XBox,... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tigershawk, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected?

Is there a way to bypass the connected bluetooth device requirement to start streaming on an Android device? I'm sitting 10 ft. away from the XBox, therefore, I can use a directly connected wireless controller and headphone. There is a permanent sound click that develops if the wifi bandwidth drops that I can avoid if I use a headphone on the controller itself.

So, what I do is have a second controller connected to bluetooth to fool the app into letting me stream. I have to turn the controller on every few minutes because it shuts off without use, and the app frustratingly won't let you continue using it without the controller being on.

submitted by /u/Tigershawk
    [link] [comments]

/u/Tigershawk, Dec 8, 2019
  2. gds1972 Win User

xbox one controller on pc

Hi

I don't think it is possible to use the Xbox 360 wireless receiver with an Xbox One controller. If your PC has Bluetooth then it is possible to connect some Xbox One controllers to a PC this way.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox doesn't connect to my PC, missing controller driver in the device manager

Hi JoJoMaster,

Thank you for the update. You only need an adapter if you are trying to connect wireless without using Bluetooth. You don't need an adapter to connect via Bluetooth, however not all Xbox One controllers support Bluetooth. On Bluetooth-supported controllers,
    the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controllers without Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the top, where the bumpers are. It's a little hard to tell from your picture due to the lighting if your
    controller supports Bluetooth, but upon closer inspection it looks like it may be the older model that doesn't support Bluetooth. It's hard to tell from the picture so I could be wrong. If it's the older model (no 3.5mm port and plastic around the Xbox button)
    then this is the reason your laptop doesn't pick up the controller.

If you can confirm you have the controller model that supports Bluetooth, then follow

"Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless Controller"
    for steps on how to get the controller connected.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

xbox one elite not having bluetooth

Hi Pickle Rick8898,

I want to clarify what controllers have Bluetooth and which ones don't so there is no confusion. The original controller accompanying the original Xbox One console or the original Xbox Elite Wireless Controller (Series 1) does not support Bluetooth. Controllers
    made after 2017 and controllers accompanying the Xbox One S or Xbox One X console, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, or Xbox Design Lab controller support Bluetooth. A diagram showing what controllers have Bluetooth support and which ones don't can
    be found here:
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-streaming/project-xcloud

If you have the original Elite controller, you cannot use that to connect to your phone via Bluetooth. If you have the Elite Series 2 controller, then you should be able to. The forums is a place to give advice or help troubleshoot an issue. If you have
    a controller that supports Bluetooth, can you further explain what happens when trying to pair the controller to your mobile device? Do you have an Android or iOS mobile device?
  5. JakePi Win User

Random Xbox one controller freezes when streaming xbox one to windows 10 pc

I am experience the same thing, tried with a controller wired, using Bluetooth, and using the Xbox Wireless adapter. My only fix is to start streaming and pair the controller directly to the console. Anyone figure this out?
  6. Soylent Gray Win User

Xbox 360 Bluetooth Headset problem

You can't use it to stream media from the Xbox, because it doesn't connect to the Xbox using Bluetooth. It only connects using the voice chat protocol.

You can only use it to stream music from your phone or other Bluetooth devices.
Thema:

Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected?

1. Possible to use XBox streaming without bluetooth controller connected? - Similar Threads - Possible streaming without

2. Is it possible to buy DLC for a game I got with Xbox Live Gold?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to buy DLC for a game I got with Xbox Live Gold?: Hey guys so I want to buy the NASCAR DLC for Forza Motorsport 6. But the problem is, I don't own the game. I got the game with xbox live gold. Is it still possible to buy DLC, and play it even...
  3. Possible issue after streaming. Xbox not working right

in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue after streaming. Xbox not working right: So last night I was streaming a little MW on my phone. When I first started the app and selected console streaming it took a long time then a message about we can not connect to your Xbox at this...
  4. possible giveaway codes of stream.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    possible giveaway codes of stream.: i was wondering, my friends and i have a youtube gaming channel and we have regular livestreams, i was wondering if there is an email address i could contact from xbox, about any possible giveaway...
  5. Possible to stream a game and music over twitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible to stream a game and music over twitch?: Hello all. When I stream to twitch using a capture card on my 360 I also stream the music that I am playing on the 360. I haven't been able to do that on the xb one using the twitch app.. I...
  6. Possible Fix for the Netflix Streaming Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible Fix for the Netflix Streaming Issues: Like many others here, I was having problems with the Netflix app on the Xbox One. It was basically unwatchable. I moved my modem and started using a wired connection, as opposed to wireless, but...
  7. asking about possibilities to stream for twitch while being a preview program member

in XBoX on Consoles
    asking about possibilities to stream for twitch while being a preview program member: the type is support so idk if this is a private post or a public one. So to be on the safe side, im not going to post my name for now. first time posting in the forums. just got access yesterday....
  8. Streaming to Win10 not possible anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming to Win10 not possible anymore: Hello, some weeks ago streaming from my XBO to my notebook was possible without any problems. Now, since some weeks, I cant stream anymore. When i hit the "stream" button the window opens, I than...
  9. Possible to stream Xbox one to VR Headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible to stream Xbox one to VR Headset?: Been reading up on oculus rift, and came across imitations like using your phone with Google cardboard as a VR set. So it got me thinking, is there a way to stream xbox one to your phone screen?...
  10. Gaikai/Playstation Now. Possible X1 Streaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaikai/Playstation Now. Possible X1 Streaming?: Before I start I would just like to point out that I am a fan of both Microsoft and Sony. I don't favor one over the other. That being said, I heard that Sony announced it's Playstation Now...