Possible Update Issue - Characters start drifting and D-Pad only goes in one direction -...

Discus and support Possible Update Issue - Characters start drifting and D-Pad only goes in one direction -... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just started the new Spongebob game and am only able to play it for five minutes at a time. Spongebob will suddenly auto walk forward. I tried the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OdessaZ, Oct 24, 2020.

1. OdessaZ
    OdessaZ Guest

Possible Update Issue - Characters start drifting and D-Pad only goes in one direction -...

I just started the new Spongebob game and am only able to play it for five minutes at a time. Spongebob will suddenly auto walk forward. I tried the controller on other games without any issue. I was told it was because of an update on the XBox. This also
    happened to me playing The Outer Worlds, but only once or twice. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

OdessaZ, Oct 24, 2020
  2. OG Pooh Win User

Xbox controllers are the worst

I've had 5 or 6 controllers, and at least one analog stick on almost all of them started to drift at some point. For me, the bigger issue is the crappy d-pads.
  3. OG Pooh Win User

Controller wear and tear

I've noticed them drifting after a while. I've also noticed that the majority of the d-pads suck from day one. I currently have four and have retired three others. Of the seven I've owned, only one had a d-pad that functioned somewhat properly/reliably.
  4. ShaunPerry Win User

Analogue Stick Drift - Have you had it?

like I posted in another thread, I have a limited edition Blue Camo pad that started to drift up. I updated the pad through the console and it fixed it. Its not always a physical issue with the pad. Sometimes its just the calibation.
  5. ShaunPerry Win User

Xbox One Controller Drifts? Only Up on Analog

My sons pad was drifting but updating it fixed the issue. Give it a go.
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Gears 5 dropping weapon if running

I know you can drop weapons by holding the D-Pad in the direction of the weapon you want to drop. Could you be holding the D-Pad by accident when you start running?
Thema:

1. Possible Update Issue - Characters start drifting and D-Pad only goes in one direction -... - Similar Threads - Possible Update Issue

2. My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...

in XboX Insiders
    My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...: I am extremely frustrated due to my experience with X1X and Insider. My Xbox is in Insider due to an early build of Halo MCC or maybe Minecraft RTX I tried a few years ago and I haven't thought...
  3. Error Message during update / Offlineupdate not possible on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    Error Message during update / Offlineupdate not possible on Xbox One: So I had to perform an update two days ago after starting my console. During the third step(applying the update and restarting the console) it stopped and after quite a while it showed the error...
  4. Is it possible now to use Dev Mode Activation while on an Insider update?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible now to use Dev Mode Activation while on an Insider update?: I remember years ago it used to only be possible to be in one or the other. Using dev mode activation would factory reset your Xbox out of the Insider program. I remember it did say something...
  5. Possible Issue with Updating Store (Xbox One)

in XboX Insiders
    Possible Issue with Updating Store (Xbox One): Possible issues with the microsoft store not updating properly, I had two unsuccessful updates on top of two more for a total of four not updating even after receiving the update message....
  6. Xbox Update preview possible bug

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Update preview possible bug: On the Xbox update preview in the insiders hub it says update required but on the settings it says console is up to date. Any ideas what’s happened? submitted by /u/HAWKDrakzar [link] [comments]
  7. Console Possibly Broken Due to Update

in XboX Insiders
    Console Possibly Broken Due to Update: Hello everyone, yesterday there was an update for the console. It turned out that I had to unplug my console and plug it back in for it to power on and prompt me to update. The same thing happened...
  8. Is it possible to set a single time for both dashboard and game updates?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to set a single time for both dashboard and game updates?: It's a bit convienant when a game turns off at 3pm or 1 am for an update then compound that with dashboard updates and other games or apps submitted by /u/sean_m_curry [link] [comments]
  9. System Update E### error issues possible fix.

in XboX Insiders
    System Update E### error issues possible fix.: So I found myself at wits end tryign to fix in my case E102, then 101, then 200, then 105 errors. Below is the method that worked to fix the issue. I borrowed and slightly modified from this post...
  10. Controller Issues: Possible update or repair needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller Issues: Possible update or repair needed: So I have had problems with my X1 controller randomly disconnecting from the console. Not dying, but just disconnecting. I checked and the battery life was all the way up on the controller, yet it...