[Possible Workaround] Please allow Users to force the Series X into "4:2:0" or "4:2:2" Mode...

Discus and support [Possible Workaround] Please allow Users to force the Series X into "4:2:0" or "4:2:2" Mode... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, As everyone has probably heard by now, the 2020 AVRs by Denon, Marantz and Yamaha cannot carry the 4K120HDR Output from the Xbox Series S/X over... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/CommanderROR9, Nov 22, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

1. [Possible Workaround] Please allow Users to force the Series X into "4:2:0" or "4:2:2" Mode...

Hi,

As everyone has probably heard by now, the 2020 AVRs by Denon, Marantz and Yamaha cannot carry the 4K120HDR Output from the Xbox Series S/X over to the TV.

However, it works for the PS5, apparently because Sony is limiting 4K120 to a Choma Subsampling of 4:2:2 at the moment.

So, shouldn't it be pretty easy for Microsoft to enable a "compatibility mode" Setting so that existing Denon etc. Users can get 4K120 HDR from the Series S and X now, while we all wait for Denon to fix the problem, which might take a really long time?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/CommanderROR9
    [link] [comments]

/u/CommanderROR9, Nov 22, 2020 at 12:52 PM
  2. Wiggs Win User

Hi

Graet games:

GTA 4

Oblivion

Red Dead Redemption (haven't played it but most ppl say it's great)

Dirt 2

Halo:CE (Remake)

Dead Space series

Bioshock series

Force Unleashed series

Left 4 Dead 2

Fallout series

Stay away from:

The Fable series

Arcania: Gothic 4

Halo 3
  3. Jason Keswick Win User

All you have to do is camp

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

2+2 = 5 because 1/1 =1 and 2/2 = 1 and x/x = 1 so if 2+2 = 2+2+0, 0/0 must = 1 so if 0 can = 1 2+2 = 2+2+0/0 which = 5

[/quote]cant argue with that.

[/quote]

2+2=5 for very large values of 2
  4. domuhnic Win User

2+2 = 5 because 1/1 =1 and 2/2 = 1 and x/x = 1 so if 2+2 = 2+2+0, 0/0 must = 1 so if 0 can = 1 2+2 = 2+2+0/0 which = 5

[/quote]cant argue with that.
  5. ADrunkCanadian Win User

[/quote]

lolz, i seriously did not understand anything after 2+2=5 are you drunk?
  6. SM0oth 0perator Win User

Elite controller custom stick sensitivity curve wont set or save with newest update.

They need to simplify this problem. Microsoft try this 4 point system leave points 1 and 4 anchored to 0 and 100. Allow points 2 and 3 to float and be adjusted on the graph by the user. Allow point 2 to reach 50% at any point on graph, allow point 3 to reach
    100% at any point after point 2. Sounds complicated, but its allot simpler than what your trying. You will only have 2 settings (custom,default) custom is 2 point adjustable. This will provide everyone a workable solution. Simple, effective, elegant.
Thema:

[Possible Workaround] Please allow Users to force the Series X into "4:2:0" or "4:2:2" Mode...

1. [Possible Workaround] Please allow Users to force the Series X into "4:2:0" or "4:2:2" Mode... - Similar Threads - Possible Workaround Please

2. Is there anyway how I can possibly get my old clips back please����

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway how I can possibly get my old clips back please����: Can you please help me with this I’m trying to get my old cleats back but I didn’t do anything for it not to get my clothes bag as well my stuff back please my old clips plz....
  3. Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue)

in XboX Insiders
    Screen colour washed out on series x (possibly hdr issue): This occurred while playing apex legends. The hdr suddenly turned off and the screen became almost washed out where colours were very dull. This only happened about twice so it’s a rare bug. But...
  4. I think I might have a possible bug

in XboX Insiders
    I think I might have a possible bug: so i have been getting xbox insider updates mid game and it is super annoying. mid game my xbox will take me to the update screen with no option to cancel or stop going there etc. this makes me...
  5. My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...

in XboX Insiders
    My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...: I am extremely frustrated due to my experience with X1X and Insider. My Xbox is in Insider due to an early build of Halo MCC or maybe Minecraft RTX I tried a few years ago and I haven't thought...
  6. PSA my series X kept shutting off within a minute or two of starting possible fix for everyone.

in XboX Insiders
    PSA my series X kept shutting off within a minute or two of starting possible fix for everyone.: PSA my series X kept shutting off within a minute or two of starting. I've tried resetting it to fix the problem that didn't work, but turning off HDMI CEC corrected the issue. My LG CX wasn't...
  7. Possible fix/workaround for 8B050033 error of Insiders program

in XboX Insiders
    Possible fix/workaround for 8B050033 error of Insiders program: Hi guys, For the past 12 hours, we Insiders encounter soft-brick opt-in/out Insiders ring. After more than one hour of meddling around, I found one solution: Opting out your Xbox completely from...
  8. Possible Solution/Workaround for "Your TV signal was lost"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible Solution/Workaround for "Your TV signal was lost": I experience the "Your TV signal was lost" issue; I am not sure if the problem is the age of my TV or the Xbox One itself. I have a Toshiba 40RV525U from 2008; more or less ancient in terms of how...
  9. Possible workaround for failed quest objectives in White Orchard [MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible workaround for failed quest objectives in White Orchard [MINOR SPOILER ALERT!!!]: On my first attempt to play The Witcher 3, I left Vesemir standing at the entrance to the tavern in White Orchard Village, holding off on doing the main quest so I could go exploring. After the...
  10. Kinect Adaptor for Xbox One S & X (A possible workaround)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect Adaptor for Xbox One S & X (A possible workaround): Hi guys So Microsoft have now discontinued Xbox One Kinect adapters which is a major pain... really unfortunate. I don't know if this a possible workaround but it might be worth a shot? I came...