Post-update action (automatic updates)

Discus and support Post-update action (automatic updates) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Re-open most recent app/game after performing an automatic update, ready to resume play. This would save people a fair bit of time, especially with... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/aboijj, Sep 3, 2019.

1. /u/aboijj
    /u/aboijj Guest

Re-open most recent app/game after performing an automatic update, ready to resume play. This would save people a fair bit of time, especially with games that take a good couple of minutes to load.

submitted by /u/aboijj
    [link] [comments]

/u/aboijj, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Internet connection while updating

The best action would be once you go online open the guide go to settings, system and check for updates. Technically once you have auto update switched on and your console is in instant on, it should automatically update.
  3. AndrewPeggs Win User

an update is needed to log into xbox live!

Please go with Inferior's post if the automatic update doesn't work. Once the console has been updated you may connect to Xbox Live.
  4. striker2-7AFED2C5-CB Win User

No automatic Updates

Try clearing cache on your hard drive
  5. matthewiag Win User

Automatic updates

Hello

Me and my friend have also noticed that game updates don't download straight way once they are available it takes approximately 12-24 hours.

Yesterday I had 5 updates in my games and apps pending :(
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Automatic updates

Hello Ultra,

We understand that you're experiencing several issues regarding automatic updates on your Xbox One console.

Here is how to stop games/apps or console updates from automatically applying updates:

• Bring up the settings menu
    • Head to system and find updates
    • Check or uncheck the boxes for keeping the console or games/apps updated

Here are ways to use the console offline:

When your Xbox is offline you can:

• Watch TV (though you need to be online for OneGuide listings)
    • Sign in to your profile (if you've signed in online before)
    • Change console settings (except for profile and family settings; content controls remain in place while offline)
    • Play games (provided you've set this as your home Xbox or have a game disc)
    • Save game clips and screenshots
    • Earn achievements (however, there's limited offline space for game captures and achievements, so you should go online every so often to sync them)
    Try the suggested information, and follow the provided links.

We hope this information was helpful and wish you the best!
Thema:

1. Post-update action (automatic updates) - Similar Threads - Post update action

2. Not a question just an update on my previous post, I was getting signed off my profile and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not a question just an update on my previous post, I was getting signed off my profile and...: I had access to another Xbox One and signed in on that one with the same profile. I then switched back to my xbox one x and the issue has stopped so if you have access to another Xbox this can be...
  3. *Every* Windows store+XGP Game crashes post update

in XBoX on Windows
    *Every* Windows store+XGP Game crashes post update: I hope this is the right place to be posting this. Since this is a beta, I'm not really expecting an answer immediately (or at all tbh), just reporting this as a bug/oversight. Just updated to...
  4. An update to my earlier post about a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An update to my earlier post about a refund.: Just a quick rundown on the earlier post and what I've tried since, I bought an extra copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition and I've been trying to get a refund on it since the 27th. I...
  5. Update your account to claim rewards - 5th time posting this same problem, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

in XBoX Rewards
    Update your account to claim rewards - 5th time posting this same problem, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?: I have posted this problem on 12-9-14, 1-29-16, 4-22-16, 5-12-16 and now today on 10-4-17. Here is the answer from a year ago and still no solution, I would think I have shown patience, but...
  6. Rewards not posting. It says account needs updating, but it is updated!

in XBoX Rewards
    Rewards not posting. It says account needs updating, but it is updated!: I have not been able to access my points. the system page says it is aware of this issue and has a team to resolve it. If you do not wanbt my money I can find digital elsewhere. Please fix this...
  7. Does downloading a game digitally install post-release updates?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does downloading a game digitally install post-release updates?: I was downloading the new Destiny 2 update (~34 GB) and it bugged out and corrupted my game file, causing me to need to reinstall. I was wondering if I would need to download that update again...
  8. My Games and Aps post July Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Games and Aps post July Update: The view of my games and aps after update did not change, I have only Groups added but there is no division between sections like before - for example no Games sith Gold separate tab or current...
  9. post-update in-game dvr isn't recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    post-update in-game dvr isn't recording: after yesterday's update, none of my three Age of Empires castles has a functioning in-game dvr. no replays, no sharing, no retrys. 4545daa0-ee0e-4d99-ba58-0708dfc54b65
  10. GOW 4 10/24 post update cannot connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GOW 4 10/24 post update cannot connect: Hi have been trying to game on my one day off and I cannot connect for Gears since the update last night. Error: server allocation failed please try again. Are the servers down? Is there a fix?...