post update, auto-off no longer seems to work

Discus and support post update, auto-off no longer seems to work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One is set to automatically turn off after inactivity. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else? It sat on overnight recently. Causes my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChomskyKnows, Feb 18, 2014.

1. ChomskyKnows
    ChomskyKnows Guest

My Xbox One is set to automatically turn off after inactivity. That doesn't seem to work anymore. Anyone else? It sat on overnight recently. Causes my receiver and projector to also not turn off (if they detect a signal, they won't auto turn off either).

:)

ChomskyKnows, Feb 18, 2014
  2. Jamesx82x
    Jamesx82x Guest
    Xbox One Automatic Annoying Updates

Seems like its either not downloading the updates while you have the XB1 off or you are leaving it on in which case its not going to update until you turn it off your message isnt entirely clear in that regard. Considering you said you "normally do not turn my Xbox One however"

If you turn the XB1 off with auto update on it will update. If you dont turn the XB1 off it will never auto update you will have to manually do it.

Auto Update is a feature that is used when the Xbox is off but still in that low lower state. It doesnt work when the XB1 is on.

Jamesx82x, Feb 18, 2014
  3. Mastrik
    Mastrik Guest
    Update today, what is it for?

No but Netflix no longer works, this update seems to contain more bugs than updates

Mastrik, Feb 18, 2014
  4. choppyseize Win User

Xbox One Auto Update (NOT)

Hi

unfortunately you need to wait longer then an hour for the system to recognize there is an update, it usually happens overnight when the console is off.

Turning auto updates on and expecting the updates to happen within an hour won’t work.
  5. Negris4u Win User

No Westinghouse support?

UPDATE 2: I just tried the LG auto setup for my Westinghouse VR5525z and it worked! Volume works, TV turns off with Xbox, but I cannot seem to get the "Xbox On" command to work as often as I'd like (barely 10% of the time)
  6. SINISTERxSKULL Win User

November Update

This started ever since the update I switched the auto sign in off seemed to fix the problem 50% of the time
  7. Mastrik Win User

Update today, what is it for?

No but Netflix no longer works, this update seems to contain more bugs than updates
  8. Lil B Mixtapes Win User

Any One else having Xbox live Profile Auto Sign In Issues

did that already my auto sign in works off an on but that did not work ill keep you updated
Thema:

1. post update, auto-off no longer seems to work - Similar Threads - post update auto

2. Post-update action (automatic updates)

in XboX Insiders
    Post-update action (automatic updates): Re-open most recent app/game after performing an automatic update, ready to resume play. This would save people a fair bit of time, especially with games that take a good couple of minutes to...
  3. Not a question just an update on my previous post, I was getting signed off my profile and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not a question just an update on my previous post, I was getting signed off my profile and...: I had access to another Xbox One and signed in on that one with the same profile. I then switched back to my xbox one x and the issue has stopped so if you have access to another Xbox this can be...
  4. *Every* Windows store+XGP Game crashes post update

in XBoX on Windows
    *Every* Windows store+XGP Game crashes post update: I hope this is the right place to be posting this. Since this is a beta, I'm not really expecting an answer immediately (or at all tbh), just reporting this as a bug/oversight. Just updated to...
  5. An update to my earlier post about a refund.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An update to my earlier post about a refund.: Just a quick rundown on the earlier post and what I've tried since, I bought an extra copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition and I've been trying to get a refund on it since the 27th. I...
  6. Update your account to claim rewards - 5th time posting this same problem, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

in XBoX Rewards
    Update your account to claim rewards - 5th time posting this same problem, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?: I have posted this problem on 12-9-14, 1-29-16, 4-22-16, 5-12-16 and now today on 10-4-17. Here is the answer from a year ago and still no solution, I would think I have shown patience, but...
  7. Does downloading a game digitally install post-release updates?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does downloading a game digitally install post-release updates?: I was downloading the new Destiny 2 update (~34 GB) and it bugged out and corrupted my game file, causing me to need to reinstall. I was wondering if I would need to download that update again...
  8. My Games and Aps post July Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Games and Aps post July Update: The view of my games and aps after update did not change, I have only Groups added but there is no division between sections like before - for example no Games sith Gold separate tab or current...
  9. post-update in-game dvr isn't recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    post-update in-game dvr isn't recording: after yesterday's update, none of my three Age of Empires castles has a functioning in-game dvr. no replays, no sharing, no retrys. 4545daa0-ee0e-4d99-ba58-0708dfc54b65
  10. GOW 4 10/24 post update cannot connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GOW 4 10/24 post update cannot connect: Hi have been trying to game on my one day off and I cannot connect for Gears since the update last night. Error: server allocation failed please try again. Are the servers down? Is there a fix?...