Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload)

Discus and support Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Everything started off great. Low latency, remote access. xCloud ran like a dream, console streaming worked perfectly. Then I got brave and started... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Usaell, Dec 2, 2019 at 5:06 PM.

1. /u/Usaell
    /u/Usaell Guest

Everything started off great. Low latency, remote access. xCloud ran like a dream, console streaming worked perfectly.

Then I got brave and started testing configurations. I added and removed components. I broke the piggy bank and put in back together 100 times. No matter what I did, though I kept hitting the same brick wall.

First things first. Devices tested; Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & Fire Tablet HD 8 with side loaded Google Play Store (yes I know that device isn't technically supported; that was the point)

Believe it or not, it worked on both, well sort of... The tablet HD 8 is a absolutely a sub-class device. And although it DID WORK (w/ xCloud and Console Streaming), it was a rather tenuous experience full of "there may be problems with your network" messages. I kind of expected this, but I never expected it to be the explanation to some of my strangest results.

So here's a fact of life. Everything requires power. Me, you, the lights, xbox... so duh, what's the point? well, radio transmitters is the point; and power consumption by said transceivers on mobile devices....

One of the biggest things that kept plaguing me was the inability to get a good game experience with Bluetooth headsets connected to ANY mobile device I tested. Then I started messing with the Tablet 8HD trying to figure out why that device kept saying there may be network issues; and I discovered something interesting.

With no bluetooth device connected to the HD8 the 5Ghz radio was smoking fast and getting 50+ Mbps. More than what was needed, but on a hunch I connected the Bluetooth controller to the HD8 and re-ran speed tests and was shocked to see speeds less than 5 Mbps with no other config change other than adding the BT controller.

I kept wondering why, and I noted the experience was far better on power cable than off... so I started thinking about the radio on board, and the power consumption needed for the transceiver to function properly with multiple devices... and I grabbed my phone, which had been giving me similar fits.

The difference with my phone was the latency didn't appear until I attempted to add a bluetooth headset. So I repeated my tests on my Galaxy Note. I connected the controller, 5 Ghz band wifi, and on my phone speed tests were perfect. no problems. Then I added the bluetooth headset to the phone... wifi bandwidth TANKED... sub 5Mbps again.

My running theory is that on mobile devices the radio for BT and Wifi is shared, and the power consumption for BT when connecting more than one device can negatively effect the Bandwidth consumption of the 5Ghz radio and cause the overall experience to TANK simply because the mobile device is getting sub 10 Mbps service to the wifi radio. (5Ghz enabled or not)

This may be something others want to test out. Just wanted the info out there in case others were having similar issues.

submitted by /u/Usaell
    [link] [comments]

2. DerpiestCreeper Win User

XBOX 360 Smartglass

3. Dirty Loco Win User

Question about headsets (Not sure if this is the correct forum to inquire about accessories)

The Xbox bluetooth headset doesn't actually connect to the Xbox using a bluetooth connection. It's actually a dual purpose device. It will connect to the Xbox in the same way every other headset does. When you change it to
    bluetooth (a different mode), you can then connect it to bluetooth enabled devices.

You could potentially connect the headset to a PS3 through bluetooth mode.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox360/A...unication/Xbox360WirelessHeadsetWithBluetooth
  4. WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD- Win User

Bluetooth adapter?

[quote user="JZ4pper"]
    I have wracked my brain about this and the only thing I could think of is for Bluetooth headsets. Do you think they would switch to a Bluetooth setup??

[/quote]Streaming from mobile devices?
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Blutetooth Pairing

Hey SillyBubba

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with being able to your Xbox controller to your mobile device.

There is an article that covers how to
    Troubleshoot Bluetooth on mobile devices
    and see if following some of these steps works for you. However, If you are prompted to enter a PIN or informed that an incorrect or wrong PIN has been entered and you are unable to pair your Xbox Wireless Controller
    to your device, this is an indicator that the controller is not up to date.

If you are unable to update your controller via normal means, I recommend using the

Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    wizard and see if this helps.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
  6. ngocphi Win User

USB headset compatibility on Xbox One

Here is some sources for issues with bluetooth and consoles

https://www.goldtouch.com/stop-bluetooth-interference-messing-devices/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/8c4nw9/reducing_bluetooth_audio_lag_in_games/&ved=2ahUKEwjLwZD5tJzjAhWMuZ4KHYrcAkkQFjANegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0JiY9RgcuO0TwcILHYPt4l&ampcf=1

Latency and cross talk exist

If you want to know why devices arent supported google it

Ita that simple
Thema:

1. Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload) - Similar Threads - Potential solution latency

2. Xbox one account potentially hacked removing xbox live gold and making it unpurchasable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one account potentially hacked removing xbox live gold and making it unpurchasable: I was playing Rainbow six: seige around 1am on November 22nd and made a stupid mistake lwading to me gettin a message telling me to leave from someone who wasnt in game, i then decided to take a...
  3. Potential Game Streaming app issue, can't report from app

in XboX Insiders
    Potential Game Streaming app issue, can't report from app: Hey folks! So, I think I discovered something, but it isn't something I can report with the "Report a problem" feature. I am not currently in the preview for xCloud, but I do have the Game...
  4. Xbox one x potential.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x potential.: I look at the size off some games especially games like forza at over 100gbs in size and i think gosh heres a company who is pushing boundaries then i see some racers and there not even half the...
  5. Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads

in XboX Insiders
    Potential issue Alpha: Extremely slow downloads: I have a 400 Mbit line and typically get around 150 MBit on Xbox. Right now I am downloading Pinball FX3 on the newest Alpha version and the speed constantly switches between 1,47 MB/Sec and...
  6. Potential XBOX 360 User. Help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential XBOX 360 User. Help!: Hi! Okay so basically I’ve been a Playstation user all my life. I’ve always defended Playstation and have them all. So recently I’ve found this game shop by my house and it’s great, they have...
  7. Potential gamer score?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential gamer score?: I know it was a feature on the xbox 360, but is there a way to check my total potential gamerscore on the xbox one? 76460b59-8d31-496c-81d5-f55d06d4490a
  8. Potential gamer score?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential gamer score?: I know it was a feature on the xbox 360, but is there a way to check my total potential gamerscore? acfa3b6c-3407-454a-aebd-5fe50ac09edc
  9. New idea which will potentially bankroupt PS4

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    New idea which will potentially bankroupt PS4: The gaming wars has gone on far to long. now is the time for change. I have great idea for microsoft if they take me seriously if not i will go to sony. This will probably break ps5....
  10. error 0x80070490. potential error solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    error 0x80070490. potential error solution: Xbox won'toad dashboard after start up! Plus error message try that link and it will tell you what to do. i searched the site but there wasnt any up to date solutions so i looked around. i am...