Power/black screen issue?

Discus and support Power/black screen issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was playing my xbox yesterday like I always do. I took a break from it for a couple of hours and I left it on, just like I always do. I came back to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bubb4 j4mes 87, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Power/black screen issue?

I was playing my xbox yesterday like I always do. I took a break from it for a couple of hours and I left it on, just like I always do. I came back to continue my game and the machine was froze. The only buttons I could use on my controller was the Xbox button and the D-pad. I go to reset to reset the xbox and now I get nothing. Now I can't get a picture, I can't get my controller to work with it to power it off correctly. If I want to turn it off, I have to unplug it from the power source. I tried to resync my controller, can't do that. I'm almost positive it is not a hdmi port issue. The light is suppose to blink when you go to sync a new controller and it won't do that. Tried different power supplies, tried different cables, tried different inputs, tried different tv's, and it will not do a thing. Can somebody help me?

:)

bubb4 j4mes 87, Aug 18, 2021
  2. abhiklumia Win User

Xbox One blank screen when i start the console

How long black screen stay after powering on?
  3. {Parity} Win User

I keep getting a blank screen after start up

Some have reported a slow boot with the black screen being displayed but they have left it there for an extra period of time and it finally came up. How long have you left it on the black screen?

If the power button on the console is functional while on the black screen. Not sure this will help but have you tried to do a hard reset on the console? Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it powers down completely. Then unplug
    the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back into the console and restart.
  4. bustersnm Win User

Console won't load past initial start up screen

Does this work if it loads to a black screen only. On March 2nd I cold rebooted my console, due to lag on the tv side. When I turned it on the screen stays black. Light on console comes on and make the sound when power button is pressed. After that just
    a black screen.
  5. bubb4 j4mes 87 Win User

I have done all of that multiple times. I can not get anything to come on my screen, period. The HDMI ports look perfect, may be a little loose, but its always been light that. Why would it work, and all of a sudden when I reset it due to it freezing, it does absolutely nothing?
  6. Magical Iceman Win User

Black screen on Power Up

Are you able to navigate to any menus after powering it on?

You may need to Factory Reset your console (Settings > Console > Factory Reset)
Thema:

1. Power/black screen issue? - Similar Threads - Power black screen

2. My daughter's Xbox One S powers up, makes the ding noise, but only shows a black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My daughter's Xbox One S powers up, makes the ding noise, but only shows a black screen.: My daughter's Xbox One S powers up, makes the ding noise indicating it's on, but only shows a black screen. Please help! f4503710-3d21-4932-a236-76d4f5e02367
  3. Xbox One Elite powers on but won't bring up the menu, only a black screen. What gives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Elite powers on but won't bring up the menu, only a black screen. What gives?: The power brick light is white, indicating it isnt an issue with the power supply. • I have rebooted numerous times to no avail • I have switched HDMI ports on my tv to no avail • I have...
  4. Black xbox1 has power but wont boot. Just blank black screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black xbox1 has power but wont boot. Just blank black screen.: Hi my black xbox 1 500gb has power but wont boot, it turns on and I can hear the hdd reading etc. However the screen is blank I have tried different hdmi cables and ports on the tv but it stays...
  5. Game Crash to black screen, xbox light double flashes a few times, then powers off.

in XboX Insiders
    Game Crash to black screen, xbox light double flashes a few times, then powers off.: I've got an odd problem and haven't found anything similar, and not sure if it's game related or happening with other games and apps. I've been playing CoD:MW and the game will freeze for a few...
  6. My Xbox One S has power but doesn't start. TV screen stays black.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S has power but doesn't start. TV screen stays black.: Turned on the Xbox today and it wouldn't load. Just a black screen. tried 2 different HDMI cables and different ports on the TV with the same result. Unplugged the power cord for 30 seconds and...
  7. Xbox displays a black screen after powering on.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox displays a black screen after powering on.: My XboX displays a black screen after powering on. This happened after the national/international inability to sign in crisis two nights ago, and just now. I know I was unable to sign in, so I...
  8. Xbox One powering on but has black screen and Unresponsive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One powering on but has black screen and Unresponsive: hey, I hope someone can help and my xbox hasnt had it. I have a Xbox One 500gb. I haven’t used it for a while and today I went to use it and it will onky power on but nothing else. I’ve had a...
  9. Xbox one powering on to a black screen after logo screen part 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one powering on to a black screen after logo screen part 2: i would have posted hare Xbox one powering on to a black screen after logo screen. but it is locked. i have this same problem but i can see the xbox say hi to me and i can go to and see the turn...
  10. xbox one powers on but just black screen after a power outage by a thunderstorm

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one powers on but just black screen after a power outage by a thunderstorm: i was watching netflix on my xbox and there was a power outage in my area due to a thunderstorm and now my xbox one will turn on but won't load anything up just a black screen like hdmi is not...