Power button flash crash

Discus and support Power button flash crash in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’ve been having a few crashes lately. Generally happens whilst playing a game, the game crashes and then the whole Xbox crashes with the power button... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/leet91, Nov 3, 2019.

1. /u/leet91
    /u/leet91 Guest

Power button flash crash

I’ve been having a few crashes lately. Generally happens whilst playing a game, the game crashes and then the whole Xbox crashes with the power button flashing rapidly. It appears like the controller stays connected also as that never disconnects.

Is this a Skip Ahead fault or is this a hardware fault? I’ve tried to report the issue but Xbox never logs a problem ‍♂️

submitted by /u/leet91
    [link] [comments]

/u/leet91, Nov 3, 2019
  2. FBshadowARMY Win User

Flashing Power Button

Thank you. It was warm yesterday when i noticed it. I will give it a try
  3. Clancey123 Win User

Flashing Power Button

It seems to happen about three times a week. Which seems strange to me because I know it is not updated that often, and the fact that when it finally does turn off, it goes into power saving mode.
  4. Gamer355 Win User

Flashing Power Button

This happens to my console every once in a while. Just unplug it from the wall outlet and wait for 1 minute so the console stops. ( also, so static electricity goes away) Then turn it back on ( unless the consoles super hot) and sign in to xbox live. If
    the console is super hot do not plug it back in and I would get a hold of xbox support.
  5. greg_window10_instal Win User

Power button flashing

Hello BattleMonkey,

I upgraded to Xbox One sometime ago, so my Xbox 360 is currently packed up in the closet :-( However, if you haven't already done so, may I suggest following up with "Flashing
    green light on the Xbox 360 console power button
    " and some of the other troubleshoot steps on the "Xbox 360 support" pages. The fact that you said this is happen on "both the
    console", leads me to think there maybe some kind of network issue going on. My apologies for the limited first hand Xbox 360 support at this time. But, I hope this points you in the right directions in getting things fixed.

Good luck and good gaming,

SA
  6. Shuboxx Win User

Flashing Power Button

Hi Clancey123,

I have often wondered this myself at times.. Turns out that this generally happens when a dashboard or service update is happening..

Is the console somewhat unresponsive before you turn it off? I have found that it takes several minutes to shut down in that case, regardless of whether I tap the power button or hold it. - That and the kinect powers on and off over the several minutes.

How often does this happen?
Thema:

Power button flash crash

1. Power button flash crash - Similar Threads - Power button flash

2. Xbox One X Powers off - Power Button Flashes twice 4 or 5 times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Powers off - Power Button Flashes twice 4 or 5 times: So recently my Xbox One X has started randomly powering off. No error messages or messages about over heating. When this happens the Power Light flashes twice quickly either 5 or 6 times before...
  3. Xbox one power button flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power button flashing: i was playing my Xbox when all of a sudden the power button started flashing, ive tried a hard reset and even left it off for a while but ts still flashing, i cant get in contact with anyone...
  4. XBOX don't start, Power button flashing red

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX don't start, Power button flashing red: XBOX 360 don't start only flash light red, cooler is runing. Power supply is OK. 75da07bf-b79d-41e0-9d24-e9c8877c0a3f
  5. xbox power button flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox power button flashing: my power button flashes while my console is on then it stops for a bit and will start again. I haven't noticed anything wrong with my xbox besides the flashing. I read something about the power...
  6. Xbox one power button flashing when on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one power button flashing when on: So for the last 2 or so days i have noticed that while watching youtube the power button on my xbox one randomly starts flashing. It lasts about 10 to 20 seconds then stops. Does anyone know why...
  7. Flashing Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flashing Power Button: So my power button keeps flashing rapidly... Anyone have an Idea on why this could be. Don't really have the $$ to get a repair or a whole new console. Want to know if its a quick fix or a problem...
  8. hi, the power button on my xbox 360 is constantly red, (not flashing) why ???

in XBoX on Consoles
    hi, the power button on my xbox 360 is constantly red, (not flashing) why ???: hi there, whilst watching a DVD the picture dissaoeared and the normaly green light on the power button turned to a constant red, im not getting any signal at all on the tv and no connection with...
  9. Power button flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power button flashing: When I try to turn on my Xbox 360, the ring around the power button on both the console, and any controller I try (wireless or hard wired) slowly blinks on and off, and its stuck on the Xbox logo...
  10. Flashing green power button and disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flashing green power button and disk drive: My games won't play on 2 of my consoles and on one of them when I go to turn it off it turns green for a couple of seconds then goes blank turns back on for a couple of seconds and blank and it...