Power cord replacement

Discus and support Power cord replacement in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Recently my Xbox power cord, just the part that plugs from the wall to the power supply broke. I don't have the money to replace it at this time, but I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cassen21, Jun 17, 2019.

1. cassen21
    cassen21 Guest

Power cord replacement

Recently my Xbox power cord, just the part that plugs from the wall to the power supply broke. I don't have the money to replace it at this time, but I have cords from left over TV's that fit the slot I was wondering a couple things one, what is the voltage
    and amps needed on that cord to work properly and two is there any danger to my Xbox if I were to use this cord? The cord I'm debating to use is 10A 125V.

:)

cassen21, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Jman747 Win User

Power Cord Replacement

Yep you click "power supply replacement" and "service not available." Guess they are so concerned with the amount of demand they aren't really focused on this type of small replacement items.
  3. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Power Cord Replacement

Lucky,

You should be able to get a cord but it would be getting the entire power brick and cord. You can simply go to
    https://myservice.xbox.com , register your console, then click replace an accessory, and select Power Supply. Granted I know you may not need the entire thing but at least you can receive an official
    replacement without having to worry about voiding your warranty. Hope this helps!
  4. cassen21 Win User

Power cord replacement

Sorry I wasn't specific enough, it's an Xbox one and upon looking at the cords I'm getting different information. The power supply says input of 100V but the original cord says 7A 125V on the wall plug and 10A 250V on the part that plugs into the power
    supply, then the cord in question says 10A 125V on the part that plugs into the Xbox.
  5. ForbidHornet524 Win User

Power Cord Replacement

I NEED A POWER CORD REPLACEMENT FOR THE XBOX 1
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Power cord replacement

If you still have the instruction manual/owner's manual for your Xbox it should tell you what kind of power voltage the box/cord runs. I'm gonna link both the 360 and One manuals just in case because you weren't specific as to what console you were using.
    If your console is still within its warranty you may be able to get a new cord or box for free if you try to contact Microsoft warranty support with a proof of purchase.

I'm sure the cord is probably fine, assuming it fits, but I'll leave some links if you are having second thoughts.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/manual-specs

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/console

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair
Thema:

Power cord replacement

1. Power cord replacement - Similar Threads - Power cord replacement

2. Xbox one s Power cord and supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s Power cord and supply: I lost the power supply and related cables of my xbox one s console. Can I buy that in the Xbox site? 19980cf3-af34-4e0f-a32a-32900719a811
  3. power cord

in XBoX Accessibility
    power cord: can i buy a power cord for my x box one x at bustbuy or nor 8768ac80-4b61-4774-8acf-f385d1a2bd88
  4. Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  5. I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick,where can I buy one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick,where can I buy one: I have a Xbox 360 S with no power cords or power brick where can I buy them b9da841e-510f-463c-886a-a6b4c0d81fc1
  6. Power cord for replacement unit - SR: 1435611447

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power cord for replacement unit - SR: 1435611447: Hi I sent my XBox One unit for repair together with its power chord. You have since sent me a new console but this came without a power chord. Can you send me a power cord please. Thank you....
  7. They sent the replacement console, without power and HDMI cords, sent mine back with the old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    They sent the replacement console, without power and HDMI cords, sent mine back with the old ...: I returned my Xbox One S under warranty and I sent the whole system back for a replacement console. They did not send power or HDMI cords with the console, but I sent mine back with the broken...
  8. Replacement Power supply unit and power cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replacement Power supply unit and power cord: I bought my Xbox one in the US and have since moved back to the UK. I was wondering how I go about getting a licensed PSU for the xbox one to use in the UK? 7df091d1-8943-40fc-b908-e654fd365408
  9. Where can I order replacement power cords?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I order replacement power cords?: Where can I order replacement power cords for xbox 360? 2b34b763-c60a-4838-80e9-6794dee1bc41
  10. replacement power supply with power cord?

in XBoX on Consoles
    replacement power supply with power cord?: Ill be sending the power supply for replacement. Do I have to send the brick with the power cord?? 3f08f6ae-031c-469e-a96d-ef60ea5102c6