power light flashes after shut down

Discus and support power light flashes after shut down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I shut it off then I notice about 5min later the power light started flashing I never notice that before It is normal 755387a0-e0fd-4e93-a697-f50e7593d9a4 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICEMAN 4986, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ICEMAN 4986
    ICEMAN 4986 Guest

I shut it off then I notice about 5min later the power light started flashing I never notice that before It is normal

:)

ICEMAN 4986, Feb 14, 2014
  2. shiznit4sure
    shiznit4sure Guest
    360 slim won't turn off

when i shut down my 360 slim it won't shut down ,the transformer light stays green and the console power light flashes green.

can anyone identify the problem and help me fix it please ?

shiznit4sure, Feb 14, 2014
  3. NxtDoc1851
    NxtDoc1851 Guest
    The power symbol on my Xbox 360 is blinking green

Hey Sablefun, there are a couple reasons why your Green Light is flashing.

1. The green console light will flash slowly when downloading in the background while it is off.

Reason: After you turn off the console, the console enters a low-power mode. The center of the power button on the console flashes green every four seconds until the download is completed. The other lights around the power button are off, and no images are
    displayed on your monitor or television.

If you want your console to shut down immediately and not continue to download content in the background, you can turn off the background download option.

2. The System, is cooling down. That explains itself.

NxtDoc1851, Feb 14, 2014
  4. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest

If you have it in low power state then it is just downloading an update either for a game or the system. if it was for the system then the light would turn orange as to force you to start up from a cold boot to install the system update.

Farscape247, Feb 14, 2014
  5. Farscape247 Win User

If you have it in low power state then it is just downloading an update either for a game or the system. if it was for the system then the light would turn orange as to force you to start up from a cold boot to install the system update.
  6. Pluto70 Win User

Xbox 360 S Overheating?

Yes it does. A window comes up and says "The Xbox 360 is shutting down to protect the console from insufficient ventilation. You can turn the console back on after the power light stops flashing".
  7. Jaymo1978 Win User

Problems with the console while downloading anything.

Hey McArtist! Can you give us a bit of information on the "white light flashing" part of this issue? The flashing white light after shut down is actually normal behavior to a certain extent. Now, if you go to bed and it's still flashing the next morning,
    that's not normal, but otherwise, it can take a while for it to fully power down. Also, are you doing anything to "force" the shut down during these flashing-light moments? If so, it could be that the console is trying to do something which is getting interrupted,
    and is resulting in problems elsewhere in the system's operation.

I know when the system came out there were varying reports of different durations of flashing, and then it went away for a while (normal operation seemed to be no more than 30 seconds of flashing.) Well, the last update it had, mine again went through a
    weird phase of extended flashing lights, including alternating with the flashing Kinect light. I walked away, came back about 2 minutes later, and it had stopped.

Long story short, try doing a clean shut down, and wait for the light to stop flashing on its own, and then see if your problem persists. Let me know!
  8. NxtDoc1851 Win User

The power symbol on my Xbox 360 is blinking green

Hey Sablefun, there are a couple reasons why your Green Light is flashing.

1. The green console light will flash slowly when downloading in the background while it is off.

Reason: After you turn off the console, the console enters a low-power mode. The center of the power button on the console flashes green every four seconds until the download is completed. The other lights around the power button are off, and no images are
    displayed on your monitor or television.

If you want your console to shut down immediately and not continue to download content in the background, you can turn off the background download option.

2. The System, is cooling down. That explains itself.
  9. TMX boxburn Win User

Center light continuesly flashing.

I can add that although you may not have something downloading, if background downloads is turned on (which it automatically was after a recently system update) the console will flash the green power light for about 30 seconds to a minute after shutting
    it down. The only reason I could see it ejecting after being shut down is that there is grease or something similar on the eject button causing it to think it's been pressed or I have heard of interference from other devices, once it being an energy saving
    light bulb.
Thema:

1. power light flashes after shut down - Similar Threads - power light flashes

2. Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One and power brick has started to turn off randomly (no flashing light on brick): This issue started about a week or so ago. My console is 2-3 years old and well kept after. No issues until now. Problem: After playing a game for around 5-10 minutes it just shuts down....
  3. Xbox piscando a luz do Power e fazendo um barulho[Xbox flashing Power light and making a noise]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox piscando a luz do Power e fazendo um barulho[Xbox flashing Power light and making a noise]: Eai galera, preciso de ajuda com meu xbox one, foi um dos primeiros que saiu, então, a luz do Power fica piscando e fazendo um barulho "tec" "tec" e quando eu deixo ele na fonte quando liga...
  4. Power supply with red light flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply with red light flashing: Hi, yesterday night I was playing with my xbox 360 and suddenly it shutted down and the led of the supply power was flashing witH a red light. Today I tried to turn on the console but it give me...
  5. XboxOne light constantly flashing while power is on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne light constantly flashing while power is on.: WTH I have the AdvancedWarfare XboxOne console. Been thru Microsoft service center twice.2 weeks ago XB1 console light started blinking while power to console was on. Now its constantly blinking....
  6. Power light flashing and tray saying it is opening

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power light flashing and tray saying it is opening: So I moved from Ohio to Florida this past summer and my Xbox 360 Slim started acting up. The power light flashes green at random times and it kicks me out of Netflix, Hulu, and any game on a disc...
  7. Xbox One Power Light Flashing While Running

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Light Flashing While Running: So just over the past 3 days I have noticed some very strange behavior from my Xbox One. My console is on and running and my controller is connected then all of a sudden the power button will...
  8. Flashing power light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Flashing power light: I know that the flashing power button while the box is off means it's downloading an update. What does it mean if it's flashing while the box is on though? Also I hear a knocking sound as it...
  9. Xbox one flashing power light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one flashing power light: Only post i could find on this hasn't had a resolution on it and was asked around 2013. Anyway I turned the xbox off and when i woke up the power light was still flashing, tried using controller...
  10. Xbox One Power light Rapid flashing and clicking when turned on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power light Rapid flashing and clicking when turned on: Hi anyone/everyone, Has anybody experienced a problem with the Xbox one that when the console is turned on, the power button flashes once or twice a second for a couple of minutes and makes...