Power Options not working properly

Discus and support Power Options not working properly in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; tl,dr; my Xbox used to be able to turn on and off my TV and soundbar but with an additional TV decoder or restarting the console those commands don't... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/reforc3, Sep 1, 2019.

1. /u/reforc3
    /u/reforc3 Guest

tl,dr; my Xbox used to be able to turn on and off my TV and soundbar but with an additional TV decoder or restarting the console those commands don't work anymore.

Hello,

I have been facing this issue since a few weeks or more.

My Setup:

• Samsung TV UN55NU7400 (HDMI out).
    • Samsung Soundbar N300 (optical wire - Xbox).
    • Cable TV decoder (Sagemcom [Totalplay] HDMI in)
    • Xbox One X (Instant-on).

So before I added the TV decoder my Xbox worked this way:

1) I turn on the controller and the Xbox would turn on as normal, I had the setting set up to send a turn on command to the TV and a switch status to the soundbar (as the xbox can't check if is on or not)

Same thing would happen when turning off the Xbox.

Everything is normal at that point, but the first issue I found is when restarting the console the commands get messed up.

2) I hit restart and the TV will shutdown the soundbar however will still be in the same status until the profile login (then switches to the other status, e. g. it turns off after the restart).

So I have after the restar a turn of tv, a switched soundbar and the xbox on.

3) However, now since I added the TV decoder, only the soundbar and the TV decoder recieve the commands, the TV seems unaffected now, so either I turn off or restart the xbox, the TV remains turned on.

submitted by /u/reforc3
    [link] [comments]

/u/reforc3, Sep 1, 2019
  2. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Power options not working properly

Hey Tecstar70 - can you try something for me? If you set your power options so the TV does "Nothing" but you send Toggles to your Cisco box, does that make it work?
  3. MessiahBrowny Win User

headset probz

I would try the the power down option and update again and see if it works properly
  4. MaximumExtreme Win User

Sound out of sync to picture!

Go in to settings and select blu-ray. There should be and options in there to adjust how the blu-ray discs are played. If nothing else work you can try holding the power button down on the front of the console until it shuts off then unplug it from the outlet
    for 30sec then plug back in and power back on and hopefully everything will be working properly again.
  5. RyanGontko Win User

"For some reason TV took too long to start (0x8027025a)"

Having same issues...had to manually power off and power back on to get this working properly.
  6. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Oh My Gosh U Srs

I'd rather it either be optional, or at least work properly.
Thema:

1. Power Options not working properly - Similar Threads - Power Options working

2. Power-on options for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power-on options for Xbox One: On the Xbox 360 it was a feature to be able to start to disc. This was useful, as it acted like a push button start into the game of your choice. One less choice I had to make everyday. On the...
  3. Sony DH800: Sony STRDN1080 Missing from Power Options

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Sony DH800: Sony STRDN1080 Missing from Power Options: Sony (Audio/Video Receivers) DH800: Sony STRDN1080 Missing from Power Options I figured out how to get around the fact my exact receiver wasn't listed. I know that manufacturers often use similar...
  4. Trying to order replacement power supply - no options available

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to order replacement power supply - no options available: Hi, Hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction. Originally purchased my Xbox One in New Zealand. I then moved to Canada and took it with me. As i needed a new power supply it...
  5. Power options not working properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Power options not working properly: So I have set the Power options to turn on and off my TV with the Xbox One. This works fine. I have now connected my Virgin Media Set top box (Cisco 4585DVB - NOT TIVO) through the Xbox One and...
  6. Power on options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power on options: Hi since I got my new X1 console I have had it set to instant on,would it be better to just turn off the console when not in use, as I was kinda thinking this would close everything down correctly...
  7. Double power off option for projector [only work when it is in energy saving mode]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double power off option for projector [only work when it is in energy saving mode]: Hi, I have been doing a lot of testing and research on the web, looks like xbox one cannot turn off projector which requires two power off IR signals (for instance, EPSON project). I am happy to...
  8. was the option to send double power signal to projector taken away

in XBoX on Consoles
    was the option to send double power signal to projector taken away: since update my xbox one will not send a double power signal to turn my projector off and I do not see the setting anymore. was this deleted? c2235cd0-5b26-4538-9971-4472715fa70a
  9. An option to control pad's power led brightness, to us without Kinetic...

in XBoX on Consoles
    An option to control pad's power led brightness, to us without Kinetic...: Hi all! Since getting my Xbox One, one of my biggest gripes has been the eye hurting bright power led on Xbox One controller! I always play on totally dark room, with my 110" projector screen and...
  10. Audio Receiver Power Options

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Receiver Power Options: My soundbar -- Philips HTL5140B/12 is set up in Device Control, but under Power Options I only have the choice of Toggle power. Are there any plans to add power on/off depending on the state of...