Power supply issues

Discus and support Power supply issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok so ihave had Xbox for 2 yrs and recently the power supply quit no light tried multiple plugs. So got on Xbox sight and ordered a new powersupply.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SmartBoot725047, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Power supply issues

Ok so ihave had Xbox for 2 yrs and recently the power supply quit no light tried multiple plugs. So got on Xbox sight and ordered a new powersupply. Plug into surge protector and powers up for 30 sec and shuts down? Try another outlet and power supply
    goes dead . Anyone have any ideas?

:)

SmartBoot725047, Aug 28, 2014
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Power Supply Issues

Hi

From what you have described it does sound like your power supply has possibly failed however to confirm this I would recommend following the

Xbox Will Not Power on support guide
    to confirm this. If your power supply has failed you will be able to arrange a repair/replacement directly from Microsoft through
    this web site, If your console does not appear just select Register new device then you should then be able to arrange the repair/replacement of your power supply.

gds1972, Aug 28, 2014
  3. jadonmat10
    jadonmat10 Guest
    Power supply issues

Today I was playing on my Xbox when it randomly shut off. I realized it was the power brick that was overheated and turned off. Now about an hour later plugged it back in and it worked fine.Then later that day I went on and it shut off again and now it won't
    turn back on at all.it shows orange light when not plugged into Xbox one and when I plug it into the Xbox it turns white for half a second and turns off.can someone plz help

jadonmat10, Aug 28, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Power supply issues

Can you try plugging it directly in to a wall socket and not use the surge protector?

onyxishere, Aug 28, 2014
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Solid Red Light on Console

A red or amber light on a power supply is a power supply issue, a red light on a console is not a power supply issue.
  6. Jo Mari GianGuintu Win User

Power supply issue

No. Don't even attempt using the Xbox 360 PSU on your Xbox One. The use of any accessory other than the standard Xbox One PSU may damage your console and void your console warranty.

You can contact Xbox Support to ask for a replacement PSU or you can process one by yourself through this website:
    myservice.xbox.com/.../welcome.aspx
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Power supply issue

PSUs of both consoles are unique and are designed to be used only with the type of console they came with. Don't try to use a 360 PSU with a Xbox One console or you will damage it.

Just wait until you got the proper PSU for Xbox One. It's better to exercise a little patience now than to put your console out of commission.
  8. HassanB Win User

Power supply issues

Hi,

If you've already tried everything on this guide here as well as unplugged the power supply and left it off for about 15 minutes, and tried
    to use another power outlet then that would mean it's time to get your power supply replaced. You can do so by either
    contacting phone support directly, or by visiting the
    Microsoft Repair site here (you'd select Start Request > Order Items Now > Select Power Supply from the drop down).
  9. XxWildPup08xX Win User

Power supply issues

you will need to contact xbox support to setup for a device repair
Thema:

Power supply issues

1. Power supply issues - Similar Threads - Power supply issues

2. Original Xbox 360 power supply issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 power supply issues?: After a almost a year of inactivity I attempted to boot up my 360, only for it to refuse to start. I've tried getting help off of this website itself, but I can't find a path for this particular...
  3. Power supply unit issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply unit issue: Hi, currently im having this problem with my Xbox one power supply brick unit, i was playing normally when the light on the brick just shut off and my xbox died, so i went and reset the power unit...
  4. XBox One Power Supply Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Power Supply Issues: I recently relocated from the United States to Hong Kong and shipped my Xbox One as part of the move. My power supply was damaged in the move and is totally inoperative. I have been trying in vain...
  5. Power Supply Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Issue: I have an Xbox One and the power supply turns off every time I plug it into the Xbox. I have to unplug the power supply from the wall and take the cord that connects it to the outlet or it won't...
  6. Canadian Xbox 360 in France. Power supply issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox 360 in France. Power supply issues: Hello everybody! I'm in need of advices. I bought a Xbox 360 slim in Montréal and now I live in France. I tried to plug it in and the power supply started to burn. I'm wondering if it is safe...
  7. Xbox One Power Supply Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Power Supply Issues: As of now I have an issue with the Xbox One power supply and in need of help. I have contacted support many time but get many different response but the one thing in common is that in the end it...
  8. Power supply issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply issues: where do I get a new power supply for my Xbox one without getting mad navigating through the website? fc4a2504-db77-4887-9462-a9764aa0cbcf
  9. Power supply issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power supply issues: I have an Xbox one, I’ve had it for about 4 or 5 years. Recently every time I try to play a game the Xbox will self shutdown after about 5 minutes. Once it does the light on the power brick goes...
  10. X Box one power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box one power supply issue: Hi My Xbox one power supply did not show up any LED when I tried to power up the device. I just left it for a week and powered on and suddenly started to work. After couple of days again same...