power supply

Discus and support power supply in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have an xbox one i plug it in and the plug popped and i bought a replacement i want to know if if the xbox one is damaged? or just the brick i still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LesserSubset17, Aug 14, 2014.

1. power supply

i have an xbox one i plug it in and the plug popped and i bought a replacement i want to know if if the xbox one is damaged? or just the brick i still have not even used it since i bought it a week a go

:)

LesserSubset17, Aug 14, 2014
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    Xbox 360 Three Flashing lights problem - Solutions

If your Original Xbox 360 console or power supply experiences any hardware failure, three of the four lights surrounding your power button might flash red.

To determine the problem, turn on the console and check out the light on the power supply.

***If you see the green light on the power supply, you console needs to be repaired.

***If the light on your power supply is red, orange or there is no light, follow the steps bellow:

Step 1

You need to check your power supply cable.

Here is how:

• First, you need to unplug the cords from the back of your console, the power supply, and the wall outlet.
    • Now plug the power cords firmly back into your console, the power supply, and the wall outlet.
    • You have to plug your console directly into a wall outlet. Never use a surge protector or an extension cord.
    • Finally, press the power button on your console.
    If the lights still flash red, follow the next step.

Step 2

Use a different wall outlet

The wall outlet you are using might be problematic. To check this, you can try a wall outlet in another room.

Here is how:

• First you need to unplug the power supply from the console and wall outlet.
    • Then take your console and power supply to another room.
    • Now reconnect the power supply cable to your console and the wall outlet.
    • You must ensure that all of the power supply connections are firmly secured.
    • Finally, press the power button to check out
    If your console turns on and the light on your power supply is green, the problem is solved. So, there is a problem at the previous outlet. Never plug your console back into that outlet until it is inspected and fixed.

But if the problem still exists, follow the next step.

Step 3

The power supply might have overheated. It should be cooled down.

Here is how:

• First, you need to unplug the power supply from the console and the wall outlet.
    • You have to wait at least 30 minutes to let the power supply cool.

Note: The power supply should be in a well-ventilated space, and the ventilation openings on the power supply should not be covered.
    • After cooling it down, reconnect the power supply to your console and plug it back into the wall outlet.
    • You must ensure all of the connections are firmly secured.
    • Finally, press the power button.
    If the three lights still flash red, follow the next step.

Step 4

You should replace the power supply. You can order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from Xbox Online Service Center. Your console must be registered to replace a power supply under warranty.

kevin, Aug 14, 2014
  3. TheMartinG
    TheMartinG Guest
    Why does my Power Brick stay on?

yea its because the xbox is never truly off.

On a pc, you have the system power button and the power supply power button. You can turn the computer off and on with the power button, but the system is still juiced unless you turn off the switch in the back, with the power supply button

Same goes for the xbox except the power supply (brick) doesnt have a button

TheMartinG, Aug 14, 2014
  4. Watch7ower
    Watch7ower Guest

power supply

Hi there,

if the plug 'popped' due to a blown fuse, you may have simply been able to replace it (the fuse) with one of the same rating. If the plug itself was damaged then replacing it was indeed the right choice.

It's highly unlikely the console was damaged by this event, as the power supply has a built-in surge protector to safeguard the hardware in these situations. Your console should be just fine, give it a try! power supply :)

Watch7ower, Aug 27, 2014
  5. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Solid Red Light on Console

A red or amber light on a power supply is a power supply issue, a red light on a console is not a power supply issue.
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox keeps shutting off

Hey there, here is some information you might want to see:

-

Flashing orange, solid red, or no light: Your power supply may need to be replaced. Try the following solutions:

-

1.Try plugging your console’s power supply into a different power point. Do not use a surge protector.

-

2.If the power supply light is solid red or flashing orange, unplug the power supply and let it cool for 30 minutes. Then plug the power supply back into the power point.

-

If your power supply light is still flashing orange, solid red, or unlit, your power supply needs to be replaced. You can Order a replacement Xbox 360 power supply from our Xbox Online Service Centre. Console registration is required to replace the power
    supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same as your console warranty).

-

From here:
    support.xbox.com/.../check-power-supply
  7. Chris21ce Win User

Red light on center!!!

Firstly you should only get repairs from Microsoft as they are authorized and don't break warranty getting repairs elsewhere could get you banned for system tampering.

The issue you are having is called the ring of death.

Solution 1: Check your power supply cables

Unplug and reconnect your power supply. Here's how:

Disconnect the power cord from the back of your console.

Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and the power supply.

Reconnect the power cord to the back of your console. Then plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet and the power supply unit.Make sure that all three power supply connections are firmly connected.

Turn on your console, and check the light on your power supply.Turn off your console.

Disconnect the power supply from the console and unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet.

Take your console and power supply to another room.

Plug the power supply directly into an electrical outlet. Do not use a surge protector.

Reconnect the power supply to the console.

Make sure that all three power supply connections are firmly secured.

Turn on the console.

Note If the console now has four flashing red lights, attach an Xbox 360 A/V cable to the A/V port on the back of the console.

Check the light on the power supply:

Green power supply light: Green means the power supply is working. There might be a problem with the original electrical outlet or surge protector (if you were using one). Before you plug your console back into its original location, have the outlet inspected
    or use a different surge protector.

Unlit power supply light: There is a problem with the Xbox 360 power supply. Order a new Xbox 360 power supply from our Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace a power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty is the same
    as your console warranty).

Red power supply light: Try the next solution.

Solution 3: Cool the power supply

Turn off the console.

Disconnect the power cord from the back of your console. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet and from the power supply unit.

Plug the power cord back into the console, reconnect the power cord to the power supply, and then plug the power cord into a different electrical outlet. Make sure the power supply is positioned so that it gets good ventilation.

Turn on the console, and check the power supply light.

If the light on your power supply is still red, your power supply needs to be replaced. Order a new Xbox 360 power supply from our Online Service Center. Console registration is required to replace a power supply under warranty (the power supply warranty
    is the same as your console warranty).

support.xbox.com/.../three-flashinglights
  8. Kenny H. Win User

Power Supply

Hello there! First, make sure your console is plugged directly into the wall, not a surge protector. If it is, unplug the power brick, and unplug the power cord from it for at least 10 seconds and try it again. If it still doesn't work, additional troubleshooting
    may be found here:
    support.xbox.com/.../console-wont-power-on

It's possible that your new power supply is bad, but if you have had the same problem with your original one, your console may have an issue and need repaired. If that is the case, you can get started at
    http://myservice.xbox.com
  9. HyruleBalverine Win User

Power Supply

Thema:

power supply

1. power supply - Similar Threads - power supply

2. Xbox one s Power cord and supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s Power cord and supply: I lost the power supply and related cables of my xbox one s console. Can I buy that in the Xbox site? 19980cf3-af34-4e0f-a32a-32900719a811
  3. Xbox One power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One power supply: HI, Few weeks ago i had a water damage and the power supply block of my xbox one was filled of water. I bought a new one and my xbox still not working. When the new power supply block is only...
  4. Power Supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply: I have a Xbox One brought in the USA, how can I use it in the UK that has 220-240 volt power supply? 0fefced9-80a8-45c6-a521-918067d012a1
  5. Can't Purchase PDP Power Supply for XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Purchase PDP Power Supply for XAC: I tried to purchase the PDP Power Supply for Xbox Adaptive Controller but am unable to do so. What is going on?! The store page is missing and says, "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot...
  6. Original Xbox 360 power supply issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox 360 power supply issues?: After a almost a year of inactivity I attempted to boot up my 360, only for it to refuse to start. I've tried getting help off of this website itself, but I can't find a path for this particular...
  7. Xbox One X crashed while playing Borderlands, now won't turn on. Even replaced Power Supply.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X crashed while playing Borderlands, now won't turn on. Even replaced Power Supply.: So last week, I was playing Borderlands 3 and randomly it crashed, my xbox turned off and I was thinking "oh no biggie, I'll turn it back on" but to my dismay, it just keeps turning on for 10 secs...
  8. original xbox one power supply

in XBoX on Consoles
    original xbox one power supply: i need an original xbox one power supply. where can I buy? f8fb341f-5fe9-467d-8547-569117644c87
  9. Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Cord for Xbox 360 S Console - Model 1439: All, I need help in getting replacement power supply for my Xbox 360 S Console Model 1439. The power cord which came along with the original box is gone due to voltage difference. My original...
  10. Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't it possible to buy a Microsoft Xbox One power supply unit?: Hi, I have an Xbox one with a PSU that finally gave up the ghost recently. The Xbox is out of warranty, which is fine, but I still want to get a proper MS replacement PSU as I've heard bad things...