Pre Order not launching after day one update

Discus and support Pre Order not launching after day one update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently pre-ordered Wreckfest from the Xbox Store. As the game comes out, im prompted with a 3.8gb update. Now that the update is done, the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VNR Blizzi, Aug 27, 2019.

1. VNR Blizzi
    VNR Blizzi Guest

I recently pre-ordered Wreckfest from the Xbox Store.

As the game comes out, im prompted with a 3.8gb update.

Now that the update is done, the game doesnt want to start.

If i launch it, the wallpaper will appear, i get a black screen and its back to dashboard. No error messages whatsoever.

I tried switching games (other games work fine), rebooting console,.. Nothing changes.

The game appears in my order list and was billed correctly.

:)

VNR Blizzi, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Wolfie McG Win User

I would also try a power cycle. All you have to do is, while the console is on, hold the power button for 10 seconds until turns off. Unplug the cord at all connection points for at least 15 seconds. Once that is done plug it in and power it up.
  3. SteveHargreaves Win User

No ETA on the patch. Removing external devices didn't help.....and how the heck did that pass Q & A anyway?

The whole day is going to have passed, negating the point of buying the deluxe version. They talk about try this, try that...a patch is in the works. But conveniently no mention of compensation for those of us who paid that extra money.
  4. SteveHargreaves Win User

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't help. Why can't I choose to get e refund via the Xbox website? If I go to my account and purchase history, there is no refund option for this title.
  5. SteveHargreaves Win User

Same issue here. Game goes to wallpaper, then black screen, then back to dashboard with no error messages. There are a few complaining about this now on Twitter and Reddit amongst others.

I also notice that despite not having played the game yet, there is no option for a refund if I look at my purchase history. That in itself is really annoying. If this doesn't get sorted today I expect a partial refund for this
  6. VNR Blizzi Win User

Im currently re-downloading the title to see if it will fix it.

It is still troublesome that such issue basically renders preloading a game pointless.

Hopefully this game is rather small, but could you imagine with larger games( Gears of War 4; 100+Gb)?
Thema:

1. Pre Order not launching after day one update - Similar Threads - Pre Order launching

2. Xbox Elite Controller Pre-Order Shipping Address Can't Be Changed?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Elite Controller Pre-Order Shipping Address Can't Be Changed?: After over an hour of attempting to get my Xbox Elite controller pre-order's shipping address changed, Braeden at Microsoft has informed me of some pretty absurd things. - Microsoft Store...
  3. Rewards for pre-order game purchase not available????

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Rewards for pre-order game purchase not available????: I pre-ordered "Borderlands 3" and obviously could not play it until September 13 - in effect equal to a September 13 purchase. WHY exclude loyal customers from the Microsoft Rewards 6,000 point...
  4. Missing pre order content.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing pre order content.: Me and a friend have pre-ordered borderlands 3 super deluxe edition and we haven't gotten the pre order content eadb50dd-5fb7-47e9-a33a-f2d0ecfa69ad
  5. Fifa 20 ultimate édition précommande [Mod Translation - Fifa 20 ultimate pre-order edition]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fifa 20 ultimate édition précommande [Mod Translation - Fifa 20 ultimate pre-order edition]: Bonjour j'ai précommande fifa 20 édition ultimate le 25 juin 2019 et ce jour 14 septembre 2019 je n'ai toujours pas été prélevé du montant de la commande ça me met que c'est toujours en attente...
  6. Ive pre order the xbox one x gears bundle

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive pre order the xbox one x gears bundle: My question is will i get the dlc terminator ? 41d8e473-cb33-4a93-a629-ecf9458aa6ed
  7. Pre-Ordered Quantum Break on 3/2/2016 Still no codes even after launch!!!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Pre-Ordered Quantum Break on 3/2/2016 Still no codes even after launch!!!: Hello Xbox support. I preordered the game Quantum Break in the beginning of March hoping to at least get my Alan Wake's American Nightmare code way before QB came out, while knowing that the full...
  8. Pre ordered Quantum break but no codes received after 10 days of game launch.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Pre ordered Quantum break but no codes received after 10 days of game launch.: Pre-ordered Quantum Break on xbox one. Haven't received Alan wake, Alan wake american nightmare, the script and the writer dlc codes or the Quantum Break PC codes. Game had been purchased on 4th...
  9. Pre-ordered and Pre-downloaded: FAILED TO LAUNCH

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pre-ordered and Pre-downloaded: FAILED TO LAUNCH: Didn't have any install errors. It just installed, all 59.1 GB, and when I went to play it, I had to click install again. It quickly went to 100% and gave me the option to 'Play'. Unfortunately,...
  10. Farm Simulator 2017 pre order won't launch error code 0x87e107f9

in XBoX on Consoles
    Farm Simulator 2017 pre order won't launch error code 0x87e107f9: Farm Simulator 2017 pre order won't launch error code 0x87e107f9, any suggestions on how to correct.? 7214564d-03c2-4b92-975b-97cf3393e5b7