Prepaid Gold membership after upgrade to Ultimate

Discus and support Prepaid Gold membership after upgrade to Ultimate in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi, I just received promotion from xbox to upgrade to Ultimate for $1. But now I have prepaid Gold membership until 6/21. It seems using the promo... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by FuzhongZheng, Nov 25, 2019.

1. FuzhongZheng
    FuzhongZheng Guest

Hi,

I just received promotion from xbox to upgrade to Ultimate for $1. But now I have prepaid Gold membership until 6/21. It seems using the promo will upgrade my gold membership to ultimate. But say if I cancel the ultimate 3 months later, can I still have
    my prepaid Gold membership until 6/21?

:)

FuzhongZheng, Nov 25, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Fuz,

Thanks for coming to the forums. If you go Ultimate, you will have Ultimate until 9/21. The first time you upgrade to Ultimate it transfers gold and game pass to Ultimate time but full. So lets say you got gold until 6/21 then you also have a year of game
    pass, you will actually have ultimate until 9/22. Once you are enrolled in Ultimate then a gold subscription is converted to Ultimate time if used. Here is a

FAQ
    on game pass ultimate.

So in short it would greatly benefit you to upgrade to the game pass Ultimate. If you cancel you will lose all the time you had from gold. Reason is you converted all the time to Ultimate.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Smwutches Win User

No. Once your gold is upgraded, it cannot be reverted back. The gold is essentially cancelled when you upgrade so if you were to cancel Ultimate you would cancel everything. If you decide you don't want Ultimate, it would be best to turn off auto-renewal.
    That way you can stil use gold and then once Ultimate actually runs out you can purchase just a regular gold subscription.
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

No, any converted Xbox Live Gold time will be lost if you cancel after 3 months. I would suggest turning off auto renew at HTTPS://account.microsoft.com/services and
    letting it run till 6/21
  5. Smwutches Win User

Ultimate game pass

The conversion rate is only for after you have upgraded to Ultimate and add a prepaid gold/game pass. That would not be relevant in this case. When you upgrade for the first time, any gold or game pass you have remaining on your account is upgraded at
    1:1. So if you apply the 12 month gold, then purchase the 3 months for 1 pound, you will have 15 months of Ultimate.
  6. Zoe S17 Win User

Game pas ultimate

What happens to my prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass when I sign up for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

When you subscribe to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, we’ll apply any prepaid time you have on Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass toward the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan, up to a maximum of 36 months. Prepaid time conversion rates are subject to change.

TXbox Ultimate Game Pass 1-month sub is $1 on XBL, includes Game Pass for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Live Gold. Purchasing the $1 plan will upgrade your existing Xbox Live Gold/Game Pass memberships to Ultimate and combines both subscription months as Ultimate

I can't put my finger on the conversion rate data, at the moment, but it's approximately 3:1 Gold to Xbox Ultimate, if I recall correctly.
Thema:

1. Prepaid Gold membership after upgrade to Ultimate - Similar Threads - Prepaid Gold membership

2. XBox Ultimate GamePass Billing versus Prepaid Gold Membership

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBox Ultimate GamePass Billing versus Prepaid Gold Membership: I wanted to try the $1/month offer for Ultimate Gamepass but, as a prepaid Xbox Gold subscriber, I had some questions about how the billing works and I wasn't seeing transparency. Q: If I were...
  3. Accidentally canceled prepaid gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Accidentally canceled prepaid gold membership: Hi On February 8 2020 I redeemed a prepaid card for one year of xbox live gold membership. Yesterday I accidentally purchased a subscription to game pass ultimate (as the credit card info was...
  4. Xbox Error Code. Unable to redeem prepaid 3 month gold membership!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Error Code. Unable to redeem prepaid 3 month gold membership!: I've encountered an error when attempting to redeem my prepaid 3 month gold membership card purchased from the corner store near my house. Can you check to see why it's unable to become redeemed...
  5. Error activating Xbox Gold Live membership with prepaid code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error activating Xbox Gold Live membership with prepaid code: When I attempt to redeem a digital code I continue to receive the following error: XBOS-5002 Please send instruction how to fix this. c706dbad-1d0c-496f-812a-1bbf7c029575
  6. Trying to enter code for prepaid gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to enter code for prepaid gold membership: I just bought and started to install an Xbox One S. When I got to setting up Gold membership, I typed the 25-character code that I found in the box, but nothing happens when I press Enter - no...
  7. Renewed XBOX live GOLD membership through a PREPAID card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Renewed XBOX live GOLD membership through a PREPAID card: I renewed XBOX live GOLD membership for my son through a 12 Months GOLD membership PREPAID card, I got a confirmation email after using the PREPAID MICROSOFT card and also I can see the new expiry...
  8. Xbox live gold prepaid membership card redeem code error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold prepaid membership card redeem code error: Hi I have purchased online prepaid Xbox live gold membership card... When I try to redeem the code it gives error message something went wrong please try again later and error code xbos1005... I...
  9. I cannot redeem my prepaid 3M xbox live gold membership code.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot redeem my prepaid 3M xbox live gold membership code.: When I try to redeem it, it shows the following picture. [img] b9b7722f-bfa3-4400-ace6-2e03a7a2d37e
  10. Prepaid Xbox live gold membership error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Prepaid Xbox live gold membership error: Everytime when i try to activate my xbox live 3 month gold membership i've been getting an error with this code: XBOS-3013 817689e0-a964-4743-affa-cf77e510f666 8ecd65ff-fafd-40d3-9d86-a5dbc5d19cf8