Prepaid live gold not working

Discus and support Prepaid live gold not working in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Prepaid live gold not working. Went back to store twice where they told me to start wasting my day doing this . No error code, just goes to add another... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SmoothCampana, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Prepaid live gold not working

Prepaid live gold not working. Went back to store twice where they told me to start wasting my day doing this . No error code, just goes to add another way to pay which is
    [Mod Removed-Profanity] . Year card , what to do? It's so hard to get in contact with any person that can help it's ridiculous.

:)

SmoothCampana, Oct 6, 2019
  2. WIESIL Win User

XBox Live tenure

I checked my gold tenure on the link eG x Thee Elf posted and mine says

Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold this one isn't canceled

Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold canceled

gold 1 month free trial canceled

but yet I have no number next to my name
  3. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

4. Ironwilled Win User

5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Does your Xbox Live account have a valid billing address/account tied to it? That may be the issue. Regardless of whether or not you are redeeming credit or Gold from a prepaid card, in most instances today you'll need a valid debit or credit card with a
    valid address for billing on the account.

Since you're getting the "another way to pay" pop-up, that may be the case. As your prepaid card may not cover the amount you need or it wants to subscribe you further to a subscription after the prepaid. This is most likely because of sales tax (for credit)
    or something else such as a security purpose. Add a debit/credit card to your account and then redeem your prepaid code, see if that fixes it.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi SmoothCampana,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help lead you in the right direction.

There are a few ways you can redeem a pre-paid card for Xbox Live Gold. The first is directly from the Xbox One console through the Microsoft Store app where you purchase games. The second is through the online Microsoft Store or from the following link:
    microsoft.com/redeem

If you have an Xbox Live Gold pre-paid card then there shouldn't be a message saying to choose another way to pay since you are redeeming a subscription card which already has been paid for. That error message would only apply
    to issues during checkout when trying to purchase something from the Microsoft Store.

Here is more information about redeeming codes to your Microsoft Account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10604/microsoft-account-redeem-gift-card-or-code

I hope this helps!
Thema:

1. Prepaid live gold not working - Similar Threads - Prepaid live gold

2. Microsoft stole my prepaid months of live gold gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft stole my prepaid months of live gold gold: I have converted my xbox live gold to game pass ulltimate by accident, so I cancelled the payment for ultimate, but it cancelled all the converted months too. I want my months back!!!...
  3. Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has...: Can an Xbox Live prepaid card be used to extend an existing Xbox Live Gold account that has autorenew on a credit card? fdcc5aa8-6489-40eb-a3a9-036ff7a0eb7d
  4. Xbox live gold prepaid card wont activate

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live gold prepaid card wont activate: I bought an xbox live gold prepaid card yesterday at a walkmart and tried to redeem it but a message stating that the code had not been activated and to contact the merchant to activate it came...
  5. Xbox live gold prepaid code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold prepaid code: I can not redeem my prepaid xbox live gold code, when I enter it, I get the message "Check the instructions that came with your code." You may need to redeem it on a different web page. " I tried...
  6. subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    subscribed to xbox live gold (for 39.99€ euros/year) doesn't work with prepaid code.. why?: hi! I bought prepaid codes (50€ euros) yesterday. I want subscribed to xbox live gold (one year). It was in action in Microsoft Store for 39.99€. so i had 50€ but i I couldn't activate it for...
  7. xbox live gold does work - after having reemed prepaid code

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox live gold does work - after having reemed prepaid code: Hi - I can not get access to any xbox live gold services - even that I have redeemed a 12 month live gold prepaid card. (it is indicated as redeemed in subscriptions). What to do ? THanks for...
  8. xbox live gold prepaid subscriptions

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold prepaid subscriptions: hi, xbox starter pack I bought from amazon but 3 months of live gold membership in the package, this code is used before it is an error. at the same time I could use the 3 months game pass...
  9. Just bought 12 month prepaid $59.99 XBOX LIVE GOLD. When loaded it wont confirm -ask f credit ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought 12 month prepaid $59.99 XBOX LIVE GOLD. When loaded it wont confirm -ask f credit ...: In May 2018 I bought XBOX LIVE Game for 59.99 (12 month Subscription) for XBOX ONE System at Game Stop in Dalton, Ga. I signed into my Microsoft acct. then typed the numbers on the back of the...
  10. Just bought 12 month prepaid $59.99 XBOX LIVE GOLD. When loaded it wont confirm -ask f credit ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just bought 12 month prepaid $59.99 XBOX LIVE GOLD. When loaded it wont confirm -ask f credit ...: In May 2018 I bought XBOX LIVE Game for 59.99 (12 month Subscription) for XBOX ONE System at Game Stop in Dalton, Ga. I signed into my Microsoft acct. then typed the numbers on the back of the...