Pressing Home button while playing any game freeze my Xbox one.

Discus and support Pressing Home button while playing any game freeze my Xbox one. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been playing for the past week, doing really fine. And since yesterday my Xbox one keep freezing if I'm playing a game and I press the Home button on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Biohot, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Biohot
    Biohot Guest

Been playing for the past week, doing really fine. And since yesterday my Xbox one keep freezing if I'm playing a game and I press the Home button on the controller.. ( Which is really annoying since I get tons of message/invite ).

Even If I wait for more than 30 min, it doesn't do anything, I have to hard close the console, but as soon it's back to the game and I press the Home button it freeze again.. Anyone have the same problem? Anything to fix that?

Thanks,

:)

Biohot, Nov 6, 2014
  2. Herring1886
    Herring1886 Guest
    Random Home Screen return

So, my Xbox randomly returns to the home screen, and the game is still playing in the background. Mostly happens when I'm playing FIFA, I'll be mashing the buttons and the xbox snaps back to the homescreen as if I've pressed the homebutton, and the game
    is carrying on in the background, massively annoying while playing online, and now and again it will ask if I want to turn off the Xbox/controller, as if I've held down the home button for a fair few seconds, but again I havent. I noticed it was doing it while
    pressing A & X together, pressing them together would act like I've pressed the home button. Any ideas?

Herring1886, Nov 6, 2014
  3. ERROR CODE:801151911 Cannot sign into xbox live

my console also freezes at random points in time: like if im testing my xbox live connection or when im just pressing the home button

SludgyAutumn361, Nov 6, 2014
  4. ThomasZaf
    ThomasZaf Guest

I have the same problem. I bought the Assassins Creed Unity Bundle on Nov, 4 and its been happening multiple times every day. I have the problem with all apps and games. If I hold down home button to shut it off it gives me the option to shut off console
    or controller, but control sticks and buttons do not work, so I have to hard close the console. Did you find any solution? I may have to just return/exchange the console.

ThomasZaf, Nov 11, 2014
  5. i just purchased my xbox one with the unity bundle yesterday and am having same problem. have to hard restart every time. anyone know what is causing the problem?

Darren SHAWPAH, Nov 11, 2014
  6. out of curiosity has anyone tried doing a hard reboot to see if this fixes any of your problems? to do this, with the console powered on, hold in power button on front of console for 5-10 seconds until it shuts off, boot her back up and you should see a
    green loading screen. this fixes most issues, hopefully this will help

Rastan-EE30E243-F4DE-42D1-9EBA-DFD150687F17, Nov 11, 2014
  7. it is the most recent update to Xbox preview members had to deal with this

ShadowFang323, Jun 13, 2017
  8. Faereon
    Faereon Guest

Mine only freezes the picture you can still here the game going in the background .. but its the picture that stays frozen.

Faereon, Oct 21, 2018
  9. Faereon
    Faereon Guest
    A hard reset doesnt work, and it happens for all games not just one i can play all day long if i dont hit the button to go to my home screen please fix this!

Faereon, Oct 21, 2018
  10. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hey there

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically
    to you!

XBF Leslie D, Oct 31, 2018
  11. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hey there

I’m sorry to hear about any issues you may be having. If you haven’t already, please go ahead and make a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically
    to you!
  12. Rastan-EE30E243-F4DE Win User

out of curiosity has anyone tried doing a hard reboot to see if this fixes any of your problems? to do this, with the console powered on, hold in power button on front of console for 5-10 seconds until it shuts off, boot her back up and you should see a
    green loading screen. this fixes most issues, hopefully this will help
  13. Faereon Win User

A hard reset doesnt work, and it happens for all games not just one i can play all day long if i dont hit the button to go to my home screen please fix this!
  14. Faereon Win User

Mine only freezes the picture you can still here the game going in the background .. but its the picture that stays frozen.
  15. Darren SHAWPAH Win User

i just purchased my xbox one with the unity bundle yesterday and am having same problem. have to hard restart every time. anyone know what is causing the problem?
Thema:

1. Pressing Home button while playing any game freeze my Xbox one. - Similar Threads - Pressing Home button

2. Pressing my home button makes some games stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressing my home button makes some games stop working: when playing a game if I press the home button the game stops taking any input. It doesn't freeze though the game is still moving and making sound all the buttons just stop working. So far this...
  3. Issue pressing the Home Button on the XBOX controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue pressing the Home Button on the XBOX controller: I cannot press the home button on the controller, I have tried turning the console off and back and other controllers but it still won't work, Any known ways to fix?...
  4. Control panel doesn't appear when pressing Home button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control panel doesn't appear when pressing Home button: The panel on the left hand side doesn't pop up any longer d852b78b-5c9d-4ad9-ba16-fb7d8c9a6d41
  5. Guide doesnt appear when i press home button!?!?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Guide doesnt appear when i press home button!?!?!?: hi, i just logged into my xbox one and when i press the home button thé screens becomes blurred just as is the guide will show up but nothing comes up. Is there anyway to make it work again it...
  6. Xbox Guide NOT showing up. When home button is pressed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Guide NOT showing up. When home button is pressed: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!, my Xbox one has this wierd glitch with the guide menu in which when I click the home button on the controller all it does is darken the screen and make the noise but I...
  7. Xbox One freezing when I press the home button in-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One freezing when I press the home button in-game: I cant use the homebutton at all while playing games or it will freeze my system and turn off. Anyone else with this problem? 8ed66f22-eaf7-4663-abac-711666c7b4e2
  8. when i press the home button on my controller is says error 0x90070490

in XBoX on Consoles
    when i press the home button on my controller is says error 0x90070490: when i press the home button on my controller is says error 0x90070490 db194427-9c17-4a54-8ec0-395319b9a423
  9. I press the xbox home button it says error then I put in the code did not work idk what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I press the xbox home button it says error then I put in the code did not work idk what to do: oops title was going to be here but I messed up 5f1d215c-6c41-4092-8bcc-e5d7abe1c306
  10. Every time I press the home button, it says somethung went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I press the home button, it says somethung went wrong: Me and my brother can't sign in because we can't go into log in area, or join parties e2a7a0d1-adb4-4ce0-8148-e4c7d0d07190