Price Increase to Xbox Live without any pre-notification!!!

Discus and support Price Increase to Xbox Live without any pre-notification!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was just wondering why I have been charged £6.99 for Xbox Live, without prior notification from Microsoft of the price increase. It’s just rude! I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Single mum, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Single mum
    Single mum Guest

I was just wondering why I have been charged £6.99 for Xbox Live, without prior notification from Microsoft of the price increase. It’s just rude!

I was paying £5.99 for my son to play online with his friends, which was expensive enough. Not once has he trialled any new games, so feel robbed.

:)

Single mum, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Single mum Win User

Hi,

i’ve double checked my emails and i have definitely not received one.

Thanks for your advice on paying for the 12 month card as it’s less than half the price!

Thanks again for all your help
  3. H3PA80R Win User

As the others already mentioned there was a Information about the increase of the price for xbox live gold arround may that year that was sent out via email. Also there where many Posts About that in social media too.

You could always turn off the auto renewal for the subscription. You could check online or at your local Vendors if the sell the subscription for a cheaper Price and use those prepaid cards. Or you could use the Microsoft rewards programm and change your
    points for gold.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Single mum!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  5. Njal the Blue Win User

I got a notification email earlier this year about the UK price increase. It is the first price increase here for araound 10 years. If you can it is cheaper to buy a 12 months subscription. If he is not downloading the games with gold, he is also missing
    out on some fantastic games.

Another option is to register his account for Microsoft rewards and do the daily tasks etc and save the points up, to redeem against subscriptions

https://account.microsoft.com/rewards/
  6. Jeremy2085 Win User

If you are set up for automatic montlhy billing then you should recieve an email notification too any orice changes for any service that you have signed up for. If not then you should be able too request a refund of the amount that is the difference from
    microsoft as you where not properly informed of any changes in the anount for the service. Try contacting xbox customer services about the issue and tell them exactly what has happened, they should be able too refund the amount for you. Good luck and I hope
    it all gets sorted out for you quickly.
Thema:

1. Price Increase to Xbox Live without any pre-notification!!! - Similar Threads - Price Increase Live

2. Xbox live gold price increases and should be down back to normal price not increased

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live gold price increases and should be down back to normal price not increased: I remember buying xbox live gold for £20 now it's twice as expensive 276573aa-449a-447a-ac4b-240aae319ddb
  3. Xbox Live Message - Increase in Yearly Subscription Price

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Message - Increase in Yearly Subscription Price: Hi I received a message via xbox live on the xbox one today. It advised that the price is increasing to £49.99. I paid for 12 months in April 2019 and my renewal is not due until May 2020. The...
  4. Ive just received a msg about live price increase does this apply when i renew in 2020 or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive just received a msg about live price increase does this apply when i renew in 2020 or...: Ive recived a msg about a price increase of xbox live any info would be appreciated c79e23ab-0cdf-4224-9cfa-14673cffe3ba
  5. Xbox live price increase!!!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live price increase!!!: Don't buy it straight from Xbox. It's usually cheaper to buy prepaid codes from other retailers especially around the holidays. 3bc44ceb-323c-4518-95fd-ab8a10535adb
  6. An increase in price

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    An increase in price: How come digital games cost a lot more now for new games. In my market(Norwegian) Resident evil 2 coming in January costs 499 approx 60usd I think. Just cause 4 costs 599 and is 72usd approx. Just...
  7. Price increase of resident evil super pack 49,99€ in europe

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Price increase of resident evil super pack 49,99€ in europe: Here is an error because the superpack was lowered to € 20.00 in Europe, I need you to put it back because it was 7 days before I hit [img] [img] [img] Thanks microsoft...
  8. Artifex Mundi Price Increase On All Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Artifex Mundi Price Increase On All Games: Apparently, Artifex Mundi has increased the price on all of their Xbox (and Playstation games) to at least twice the price. Their goal is to bring more games out faster so they decided the price...
  9. Rockband 3 Songs prices increased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rockband 3 Songs prices increased?: I bought a few Rockband 3 songs last year, each 0,99€. Now I wanted to get some more songs but they cost 1,99€ now. How come that songs are so expensive now? The ingame store seems messed up, too....
  10. Canadian Xbox Live Gold Price Increased?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Canadian Xbox Live Gold Price Increased?!: So a few might not know that Microsoft, about a 6 months ago increased the price of Xbox Live by 10 dollars and I and many others are annoyed by this! Damn If it isn't hard enough to comprehend...