Primary Email address change

Discus and support Primary Email address change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey so basically i have a main email address i use for all my emails etc on a daily basis and that same email address is linked to a completly unused... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Road2Glory96608, May 20, 2020.

1. Primary Email address change

Hey so basically i have a main email address i use for all my emails etc on a daily basis and that same email address is linked to a completly unused xbox account where as my actual xbox account i use daily is a different email address altogether but id
    really like to change the email address to the address i use daily for emails etc so its all under one email address instead of being spread over 2. However im learning that because my daily email address is already linked to an unused xbox account i cant
    add that email address to my daily used xbox account enless i delete the account and wait 60 days but this isnt an option for me because i litteraly use that for emails everyday and cant go without those emails for 60 days...

what are my options if any?

thanks in advance for any help

:)

Road2Glory96608, May 20, 2020
  2. ERoss99 Win User

Changing Primary Email addresses

Yeah, this is a real drag that you can't do this on Xbox One. I really don't want to rehook the 360 just to do this. I can't believe there isn't a way to do this on the web!
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Road,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have issue with deactivating an account. You can still use the email when you deactivate an account. The only thing you cant do is sign into anything Microsoft/Xbox. Also if it is a Microsoft email
    you cant delete it off the old account as it will then be deleted.

WarningWhen removing an email alias that’s a Microsoft domain (such as @Outlook.com, @Live.com, or @Hotmail.com), that email is completely deleted from our systems and can no longer be used to send or receive emails. It won’t
    be available for use again as an alias on another account. Microsoft does not recycle email addresses, so it may not be reclaimed at a future time.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Anteater13 Win User

I guess essentially you want to change the email associated with your gamertag. Have you tried the steps in this link

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account
    What steps have you tried?

I think the email change can only be done on the 360 right now, you can try it on the xbox one to see if they have similar menus

Basically:

1. Go here accounts.live.com and hit sign up and use your gmail

2. On your xbox sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.

3. Go to settings and select Account.

4. Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security

5. Select Microsoft account

6. Select yes

7. Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in.

8. Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

9. Select Yes, change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live account.

10. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information or Done to finish.
  5. DR STEV3 BRULE Win User

go to home.live.com

log in with your current xbox account email(which should be windows live ID)

go to settings, then ''more mail settings''

click "Aliases: manage or choose a primary"

and add your gmail account

confirm it

and make it primary
  6. choppyseize Win User

Why cant i still not change my email address?

Hello

How are you trying to change the email address? You can only change the primary email address associated with the account. You will need to add the new one first as a secondary account. Then switch it to the primary one.
Thema:

1. Primary Email address change - Similar Threads - Primary Email address

2. Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed primary email of Microsoft Account, XBOX Game Pass PC doesn't work anymore: I switched from a gmail.com account to an outlook.com for my primary address in the Microsoft account and now login to XBOX game pass seems bugged. I can't login in any way, I already tried to...
  3. Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Beta - Unable to sign in after change of primary email: Yesterday I decided to change the primary mail address (After being annoyed for some time that they don't even support plus-aliased mail addresses), and had to find out that I was automatically...
  4. Can't sync Xbox save data after changing primary email alias

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't sync Xbox save data after changing primary email alias: So - i made my Microsoft account a few years ago with one email adress (hotmail.com). As time has gone, i have had the need to use this account for more stuff, and thus changed the primary alias...
  5. Changing my primary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my primary email address: So I'm trying to change my primary email for my microsoft account but it keeps telling me: "We were unable to make xxxxxxxx your primary alias. Please try again later." I have tried it a few...
  6. Cant change primary email as its an @xboxlivefamily.com email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant change primary email as its an @xboxlivefamily.com email: My gamertags primary email is an @xboxlivefamily.com email which wont allow me to change the primary email because the domains organization doesn't allow it and this email doesn't receive nor can...
  7. After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After changing primary email on Microsoft account can no longer access games like Fortnite...: I wanted to change my primary email on my Microsoft account, now I cannot access some games titles. Fortnite wont go pass the launch screen and gives me an error. Meanwhile Minecraft will does not...
  8. unable to fully log into xbox live account after changing primary microsoft email address

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to fully log into xbox live account after changing primary microsoft email address: Hi.. hopefully someone can help, as this has been an issue for a long time. I have a comcast.net email address set as my primary email for my microsoft account. I have a gmail email address...
  9. I would like my rewards sent to my alias email address instead of my primary email address.

in XBoX Rewards
    I would like my rewards sent to my alias email address instead of my primary email address.: I would like my redeemed rewards to be sent to my alias email I already have on file where I also currently receive all of my other communications such as purchase confirmations, billing etc. My...
  10. Changing primary email address on my xbox account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing primary email address on my xbox account: Hi, My primary account : *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is associated with gamertag : gameboyguru727. This gamertag is used by my son (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse...