Pro controller going crazy

Discus and support Pro controller going crazy in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been trying to play some games with the pro controller but it's been going crazy clicking several buttons randomly, however games that are already... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Taiyougg, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Taiyougg
    Taiyougg Guest

I've been trying to play some games with the pro controller but it's been going crazy clicking several buttons randomly, however games that are already in steam work ok, but when I add games that are not in steam in the library the controller keeps clicking all randomly.

I tried with betterJoy and it stays the same as if it were a game outside steam.

When I open the properties part of the pro controller it shows the buttons being clicked randomly. This happens when I open steam or betterjoy, but without steam or betterjoy the control doesn't work.

without steam open

Pro controller going crazy [​IMG]

with steam open

Pro controller going crazy [​IMG]

:)

Taiyougg, Jun 20, 2021
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Xbox controllers going crazy

Its also possible your control could be experiencing some sort of physical or software related malfunction that may not be fixable with an update.

If that's the case you have one of three options. You could troubleshoot it to see if you could fix it, buy a new controller, or se if its repairable or replaceable under warranty. I'll leave you with support links for the controller troubleshooter and for
    the Xbox Devices page. Most controllers are covered by a standard 90-day manufacturer's warranty as listed in the fine print of the manual in addition to the warranty provided by the store on the receipt for the device (whether it was an extra purchase or
    mandatory for the store to give.) Warranty information for most devices can also be found online, often times if you are within the warranty period and the device is truly broke they should ship you a new one.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/controllers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/xbox-product-documents-info

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair

I added a few extra links involving common warranty issues and questions to help as well.
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello SandElf45320258,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that the select window is moving constantly on it's own through the Xbox menus.
    How many controllers are experiencing this issue? Is your console enrolled in the

Xbox Insider Program
    ? We recommend
    power cycling
    the console by holding down the power button on the console for ten seconds. Be sure to let us know the results!
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Xbox controller is going crazy

G'day Buckarooskie

Do a Full shutdown (power off) of the console and remove the power cable for a few minutes. Restore power and turn on the console.

You may need to Update xbox wireless controller also.

The uSB method is my preference and make sure you run the update on all controllers you have.
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi SandElf45320258,

sorry to hear. Maybe there was an Update installed. So please connect the Controller with an usb cable and try to update him also.

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  6. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Pre Order Cyberpunk 2077 & receive Xbox Series X version FREE!

This is so pro consumer its crazy.
Thema:

1. Pro controller going crazy - Similar Threads - Pro controller going

2. Xbox Adaptive Controller and Logitech Extreme 3d. Pro compatability.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Adaptive Controller and Logitech Extreme 3d. Pro compatability.: I'm not sure why but there appears to be a problem with XAC and compatability with the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro. The stick is unresponsive yet the stick functions with a PC. I am able to use my...
  3. XB1 Spectra Pro Wired Controller Disconnecting Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    XB1 Spectra Pro Wired Controller Disconnecting Issues: I am trying to play a game like Rocket League and all of a sudden when I press a certain button, my controller disconnects for 3 seconds and then reconnects. I tried multiple methods but they...
  4. xCloud on iPhone 12pro/iPad Pro 2019 controller issue

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud on iPhone 12pro/iPad Pro 2019 controller issue: Hi there, was sent here by Microsoft support like 30 secs ago. Basically, I can successfully connect the series x controller to both mentioned devices via Bluetooth but when I run the xcloud games...
  5. Xcloud on iPad Pro 14.6 audio/controller issues.

in XboX Insiders
    Xcloud on iPad Pro 14.6 audio/controller issues.: Hey all! First post here, and this is my first time on an Xbox platform since the 360 days, so I’m extremely excited to run through game pass on xcloud until a can get my hands on a Series X....
  6. Pro Elite Series 2 controller won't let use game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pro Elite Series 2 controller won't let use game chat.: I can use my pro controller when in an Xbox Party, talk and hear fine. But when I try to use game chat I can't hear my team mates nor can they hear me. I see them talking and if I unplug my...
  7. PowerA Xbox One FUSION Pro Wired Controller REPLACEMENT PADDLE HOLDER NEEDED mine broke and...

in XBoX on Windows
    PowerA Xbox One FUSION Pro Wired Controller REPLACEMENT PADDLE HOLDER NEEDED mine broke and...: just from regularly using it for less than a month, the plastic to keep a paddle in place has snapped off. I cannot find any replacement mappable pro paddle packs, does anyone know of any?...
  8. Xbox controller not working with iPad Pro

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controller not working with iPad Pro: Help... I have connected my series x controller with my iPad Pro 12.9. In the Bluetooth settings, its shown as connected, but on xbox.com/play, when I try to start a game, it says that there is...
  9. PowerA Fusion Pro controller black

in XBoX on Consoles
    PowerA Fusion Pro controller black: My RB is pretty much broken and I can’t find any videos to fix it for this specific controller l’m not really sure what I can do about it please help! :( [img]...
  10. power A fusion pro controller

in XBoX on Windows
    power A fusion pro controller: My left trigger button broke (the plastic is cracked above the button and below the hinge). Can this be replaced without purchasing a new controller. If so, please post a link....