Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update?

Discus and support Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. Buzzing sound on the right of console, printer like not so loud but audible by approaching the ear. What is (coil, fan, power pack, Hard Disk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlexLugli, Nov 5, 2018.

1. AlexLugli
    AlexLugli Guest

Hello. Buzzing sound on the right of console, printer like not so loud but audible by approaching the ear. What is (coil, fan, power pack, Hard Disk heads ecc.) and it's normal on all One X? If it's a Coil Whine will be fixed from Microsoft with a next
    Update of console? I don't want to send it in Germany for reparation until 30 days if the problem will be fixed... Many thanks.

:)

AlexLugli, Nov 5, 2018
  2. dankxid
    dankxid Guest
    coil whine with latest update

The latest system update from 8/5/2016 has introduced coil whine to my xbox one. Coil whine is a buzzing sound that can be heard from across the room, but only when the system is idle, for example at the home screen. It goes away when the system is being
    stressed, for example playing a game. It is also present in instant on mode. This coil whine was not there before the update. From what I have read an update long ago fixed coil whine for many. This most recent update has reintroduced it.

dankxid, Nov 5, 2018
  3. ArtoisArab
    ArtoisArab Guest
    Xbox One S coil whine

I think the issue with the original console got fixed with an update. Here's hoping MS can do the same with the S. I've read lots or reports of noise from the S console so exchanging it might not guarantee one without this issue.

It's definitely coil whine related as it sounds identical to my first Xbox One.

ArtoisArab, Nov 5, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Hello Alex!

Thank you for bringing this issue to the forums attention. I understand you are hearing some mechanical sounds coming from your Xbox One X is that correct? If so I recommend you take a look at possibly

Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced
    . There aren't many troubleshooting steps that would help with internal components sounds.

Hope this helps!

XBF George L, Nov 5, 2018
  5. AlexLugli
    AlexLugli Guest
    Sorry but I ask an opinion of a technical expert of the console or an Ambassador Xbox because I DON'T WANT (like I have specificated) send my console in Assistence 30 days in Germany if the problem of Coil Whine (if is that) will be fixed with a Microsoft
    Update or it's normal/common in all (or almost) One X.

AlexLugli, Nov 5, 2018
  6. AlexLugli
    AlexLugli Guest
    I wait the opinion of anothers Xbox One X experts or technicians Microsoft in this site for my problem and questions because I didn't resolve them. Many thanks.

AlexLugli, Nov 3, 2018
  7. AlexLugli Win User

I wait the opinion of anothers Xbox One X experts or technicians Microsoft in this site for my problem and questions because I didn't resolve them. Many thanks.
  8. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Alex,

I see you already have another discussion going on with the same topic. For this reason I will go ahead and lock this Thread, go ahead and follow the

Original Thread
    for more help.

Happy Gaming!
  9. XBF George L Win User

Hello Alex!

Thank you for bringing this issue to the forums attention. I understand you are hearing some mechanical sounds coming from your Xbox One X is that correct? If so I recommend you take a look at possibly

Getting your Xbox console or Kinect sensor serviced
    . There aren't many troubleshooting steps that would help with internal components sounds.

Hope this helps!
  10. AlexLugli Win User

Sorry but I ask an opinion of a technical expert of the console or an Ambassador Xbox because I DON'T WANT (like I have specificated) send my console in Assistence 30 days in Germany if the problem of Coil Whine (if is that) will be fixed with a Microsoft
    Update or it's normal/common in all (or almost) One X.
  11. Zuljaras Win User

Xbox One X buzzing sound

I have just tried connecting it only to the wall outlet without any devices at all. The console is still making that buzz. It is probably coil whine but if not many One X are making it I want one that is silent as well :(

One guy reported that he got a silent one on the 4th exchanged console.
Thema:

1. Probably Coil Whine on Xbox One X: will be fixed with a MS Update? - Similar Threads - Probably Coil Whine

2. Probably another Arctis 7 thread

in XBoX on Consoles
    Probably another Arctis 7 thread: Give me a break here, theres zero reason MS cant make the arctis 7 TRANSMITTER work with my xb1x. It works with every other console/pc/mac. I can even use an otg cable to my old Nexus player...
  3. A plague tale innocence 30% off, probably a good game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A plague tale innocence 30% off, probably a good game?: Hi! I have wanted to get A plague tale innocence but i forgot about it after getting gamepass, so many good games that keept me busy. Now i see Plague tale is 30% off this week for live gold...
  4. (Probably) A Bug Caused Xbox One to Enable Night Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Probably) A Bug Caused Xbox One to Enable Night Mode: [img] [img] It happened when I was using my Huawei phone to connect my Xbox One S with the 'Multi-screen(多屏互动)', then...hmm Xbox automatically opend the app 'Movie and TV(电影和电视)', and THEN the...
  5. Provável erro de instalação [Translation-Probable installation error]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Provável erro de instalação [Translation-Probable installation error]: Olá, estava indo jogar Red Dead Redemption 2 quando aparece uma notificação de atualização do modo online (2 gigas), daí tudo bem, até que 5 horas depois eu volto para poder jogar e aparentemente...
  6. Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio - Probably my last release date purchase for xbox consoles: [img] [img] [img] l@Xbox When I heard Xbox was going to have a Special edition Xbox One X I was super excited and ordered one immediately thinking "it is getting awesome reviews as a super...
  7. Uh oh, it appears your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended. This is probably...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uh oh, it appears your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended. This is probably...: I am sure I did nothing wrong. I had this account for years. When i try to fix it nothing happens. 9c77cfe3-f185-486f-a33c-aecd3893f0b5
  8. Uh oh, it appears your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended. This is probably because ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Uh oh, it appears your Microsoft Rewards account has been suspended. This is probably because ...: my name is chris galloway Can u please help turn on my xbox rewards back on if the there any i need to let me know please 4f86ae88-cdf3-43f2-898e-5b817b9635b6
  9. This probably won't ever happen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This probably won't ever happen: So I recently figured out I can play my Wii u through my Xbox one tv app. I was just thinking it would be awesome to be able to stream Wii u games through my Xbox on mixer. But it probably won't...
  10. Tired of Analog Drift, Will probably trade xbox in for ps4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tired of Analog Drift, Will probably trade xbox in for ps4: Just thought I would share my experience with Microsoft's controllers. Over the past 2 weeks I have went through 3 brand new controllers. The first was dropped which resulted in a bumper being...