Problem installing GTA 5

Discus and support Problem installing GTA 5 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to re-install GTA 5 after I heard there was a DLC update. I installed and played this game earlier with no problems. However this time,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Seb Bisewski, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Seb Bisewski
    Seb Bisewski Guest

Problem installing GTA 5

I was trying to re-install GTA 5 after I heard there was a DLC update. I installed and played this game earlier with no problems. However this time, when I tried to install it it would say 'gta needs an update' and I would press 'update now'. Then it would begin installing with no issues untill it got to 75.5%. it would stop installing completely and after a while it would say 'installation stopped'. I then came here to try some methods to make it work. For example, cleaning the disk, uninstalling and re-installing, turning the Xbox on and off (so that the start-up animation shows when you turn the Xbox on), i also tried removing local saved games and there was a suggested method that I found on this site where you had to install the game while offline so that the update doesn't install at the same time as the actual game. None of these methods worked so I thought id come here for some help? (Some other information: I use an Xbox one, i have the game on a disk and I use wired wifi)

:)

Seb Bisewski, Aug 4, 2022
  2. ResultfulKha NL Win User

GTA 5 install problems

ok will try it again and wont push any button
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Problem installing GTA 5

Hello, Seb. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

This is a disc game, right? Please try the steps below:

First, please clear your console persistent storage and queue:

- Xbox button > My games and apps > See all > Manage queue > Queue > Cancel all > Clear the queue.

- Xbox button > System > Settings > Devices and connections > Blue-ray > Persistent storage > Clear persistent storage (press three times).

Then, please enable remote features:

- Eject your game disc.

- Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote feature > Enable remote features.

Perform a power reset on the console:

- Turn off your console and your router/modem.

- Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.

- After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.

​​​- Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

Finally, download the game remotely:

​​- Download the Xbox mobile app and connect it to your console.

- Search your game on it and select download to console.

- The game and all available updates should be installed just fine.

Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes.
  4. GoGoActionTeam Win User

GTA 5 install problems

Is the installation freezing DURING the installation itself or after its done? If its doing it during the installation, you might try not touching anything for a bit and see if its just running into a long bit. That happened to me with skyrim...i kept thinking
    it was locking up and would push buttons to see if it was locked up and it turns out that pushing buttons was what was locking it up cuz when i just left it alone, it took a while on the same amount of progress and eventually started moving again. Other than
    that maybe check you have enough space left on your flash drive.
  5. HobbitWRB Win User

GTA 5 INSTALL PROBLEMS

Presumably you've already solved this but if I were you I'd uninstall everything and start again. Install the main game first then allow additional data to install afterwards.
  6. IntenseJames Win User

gta5 issues im having

Rockstar games is currently working on a patch to fix all of the bugs and installation problems that GTA 5 is having.
Thema:

Problem installing GTA 5

1. Problem installing GTA 5 - Similar Threads - Problem installing GTA

2. Problem re-installing Minecraft for Windows after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem re-installing Minecraft for Windows after uninstall: Hello, recently I have been having some trouble with Minecraft for Windows (aka Minecraft Bedrock), I opened the Minecraft Bedrock app and I saw it had not updated automatically as it should, so I...
  3. GTA Trilogy disc installation problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA Trilogy disc installation problem.: I tried to install from disc onto my Series X, but after it told me that the games had an upgrade, and needed to install on the internal storage drive, the installation kept stopping. I tried to...
  4. GTA Trilogy disc installation problems.

in XboX Insiders
    GTA Trilogy disc installation problems.: I tried to install from disc onto my Series X, but after it told me that the games had an upgrade, and needed to install on the internal storage drive, the installation kept stopping. I tried to...
  5. gta v install disc problem on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    gta v install disc problem on xbox 360: the console keeps on saying that the disc has an error what do i do. 58bcccdf-ea71-45f0-9231-45d5e4f3c390
  6. GTA V installation problem HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V installation problem HELP!: Ok I just got the digital version of GTA V and when I try to install it, I get "even though you're using external storage for GTA V, the game or app needs to reserve 2GB on the console itself....
  7. Gta v Installing disc 1 Problem please helpp meee

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gta v Installing disc 1 Problem please helpp meee: Hi guys .. Well my problem is whenever i try to put gta v disc 2 it works but they require to put disc 1 which is for installing the game ... before 2 days from now i bought the cd and...
  8. GTA 5 installation problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA 5 installation problem: As the game facing some problem i went to uninstall it and i reinstall it i stuck in this screen for 30 min i try a few time but forever stuck at here [IMG] 7a4fa7ba-f669-43a2-8ca6-fb7e3710c6a1
  9. can't download GTA 5 installation disk game was restarted due to a problem in with the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't download GTA 5 installation disk game was restarted due to a problem in with the ...: hello everybody about a month ago my dumb cat was parcoreing or however you spell it around the house and decided to do splash dive off my xboxwhile I was playing GTA 5 the game was ruined so I...
  10. GTA 5 INSTALL PROBLEMS

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA 5 INSTALL PROBLEMS: I brought gta 5 today on the xbox store and installed it. The game wanted to install a 4 packs i installed them and ran the game and now its stuck on the loading screen saying downloading and...