Problem playing game discs

Discus and support Problem playing game discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello All, I've had my Xbox 360 classic in storage for a few months and when I set it up recently I have been having various issues: (a) Sometimes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EquineGosling13, May 10, 2014.

1. Problem playing game discs

Hello All,

I've had my Xbox 360 classic in storage for a few months and when I set it up recently I have been having various issues:

(a) Sometimes when I put a game disc in the screen goes black and then nothing happens. The console does not respond to controller keypresses.

(b) Sometimes when I put a game disc in I get an error saying the disc is unreadable and get dumped back on the home screen.

(c) Sometimes when I put a game disc in I get an error code E71 and one red light.

(d) Sometimes the tray of the DVD drive will not open.

(e) Occassionally the game works.

I have tried several game discs all with the same problem. Any thoughts as to what could be the problem.

James.

:)

EquineGosling13, May 10, 2014
  2. Playing discs

Welcome to the wonderful world of blu-ray.

DVD drives can speed up and slow down as required. Blu-rays however will always run at the rated speed of the drive. So while good for storage and swapping data between disc and hard drive, blu-rays are terrible for playing games off.

LodgedBonsai923, May 10, 2014
  3. Playing discs

why can you not put in a disc and play the games it's so stupid, stop all enjoyment of playing.

FatherlyPanic86, May 10, 2014
  4. Chris21ce Win User

season 2 (two) - stuck at "Rare BigPark"

instead of playing the game press x before you select play game. Then on disc details install the game if it installs there shouldn't be a problem with the disc. if it can't install the disc has a problem and you will need to buy a new disc.
  5. Chrack Win User

Xbox One is chirping

For me it´s not a Disc Problem!

Playing a game without a Disc (download game) its make the Sound ;)
  6. THEOWENKILLER Win User

Strange purple lines on disc

Currently playing the game "gun", the disc is damaged and will not play.

I installed the disc, and am now playing it without issue.

Installing the game "bypassed" my problem.
  7. RemittingFire58 Win User

What's really going on guys

True talk Lestat. I'd love not switching discs but with bluray I doubt that's an issue and I never minded needing the disc check to play games on my HDD its not wearing out my disc or they laser so no problem there. Just keep the disc check and for multi
    disc games make it so you only need disc 1 in the system to play all discs off the HDD and problem solved.
  8. xbox360italy Win User

Disc playing problem

Thema:

Problem playing game discs

1. Problem playing game discs - Similar Threads - Problem playing game

2. Having problems playing my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having problems playing my games: I am having trying to play my games no matter what game I try ,I keep getting an error message "try again later"I havebeen trying all day Please help b2f0411f-4e90-4e57-9ac0-7f76bc3dfda1
  3. Is anyone having problems with the game Scrabble freezing and closing when you try to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone having problems with the game Scrabble freezing and closing when you try to play...: hey guys , i have been trying to play Scrabble and cant get past going online to look for other players without it freezing and closing.Let me know if there is a solution or a fix because you...
  4. Keep have problems with prey game freezing after a while of playing it

in XboX Insiders
    Keep have problems with prey game freezing after a while of playing it: Today is now 5 times the prey game has been freezing on me after it working great and running smooth for a while then freezes. the freezes in the prey game have been coming more frequently now...
  5. Problem with prey game when playing game freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with prey game when playing game freezes: I have noticed and issue playing prey witch is a downloaded game from the Microsoft store on console when I was playing prey it worked great for a while and ran smooth with no issues. then...
  6. Problem playing a game I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem playing a game I already own: So i have minecraft xbox one editon which gives a free download to minecraft windows 10. Ive been playing windows 10 minecraft for a while now and i just got a trail fro gamepass and when it...
  7. Problems logging onto Xbox Live playing 360 games on Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems logging onto Xbox Live playing 360 games on Xbox 1: I have an xbox one and when I play xbox 360 games I cant log on to my xbox live. It tells me the password isnt correct but I know it is. So I’m not able to play the 360 games to the fullest...
  8. Problem with controller not being responsive when playing games or even using apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with controller not being responsive when playing games or even using apps: I have been running into an issue with my Xbox one controller lately when I’m playing games or even using app or even scrolling through the homescreen dashboard or even when I’m in the store. when...
  9. Problems playing a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems playing a game: my daughter has tried to load a game from a disc, it is not letting her do it? Instead comes up with error code 0x90010108? Can anyone help as the console wont let me access help or anything else...
  10. Different versions of the same game causing problems for Xbox Play Anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Different versions of the same game causing problems for Xbox Play Anywhere: Hope someone can help, Have recently installed Xbox App on our PC so we can co-op games without split screen. However a problem has occurred that a game has updated on the Xbox One but...