Problem selecting which drive to download games to on Xbox app (PC)

Discus and support Problem selecting which drive to download games to on Xbox app (PC) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where I go to my setting and select drive D to be the default place games are downloaded to. However when I click to download a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by rdoggio, Nov 25, 2021.

1. rdoggio
    rdoggio Guest

I'm having a problem where I go to my setting and select drive D to be the default place games are downloaded to.

However when I click to download a game the only option I have to select from is drive C? The other 2 storage drives do not even appear as an option to select?

Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Problem selecting which drive to download games to on Xbox app (PC) [​IMG]

Problem selecting which drive to download games to on Xbox app (PC) [​IMG]

:)

rdoggio, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Xbox games pass pc

1. which drive are the games installed too, it most likely chose a drive with larger amount of space available like D: or E: if these are available.

2. If it installed to another drive then follow below, no need to open any apps to do this, the following sometimes corrects the folder permissions which is the issue you are having.

3. Go to settings, system, storage, then select "change where content is stored", select the drive you installed the games too, click ok then restart pc.

4. go to settings and then to Apps then apps and features, locate the xbox beta in the list and click on it, then click move then select the drive where the games are installed and it will move the app to that drive and usually sorts the permissions out,
    Restart pc and then try.

Like i say this is the only way i can think of to get it to work unless you know how to modify security settings of folders in advanced security.
  3. Octo8_843 Win User

Error installing games through Xbox app on PC.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this hasn't fixed the problem for me. When I go to system, then storage and choose where new apps will be saved to, the correct drive is already selected. Which in my case is also D:

So the drive is correct, however when I select to install the game to Drive D: in the Xbox app, it still fails and gives me that error.
  4. MB5656 Win User

Forza Horizon (Game) Not working?

oh one sec,

try this:

Problem

You see the following error message when you try to play a Games on Demand game on your Xbox 360:

This disc is unreadable. It may be the wrong region for this console. Match the region of the disc to the console. Clean the disc with a soft cloth. Restart the console. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support.

This problem can occur if your Xbox 360 console can’t read game files on the hard drive.

Solution

You may be able to resolve this problem by storing the game on a different part of your hard drive. To do this, delete and download the game again. Here’s how:

Select settings, and then select System.

Select Storage, and then select your storage device. For example, select the Xbox 360 Hard Drive.

Select Games and Apps, and then select the Games on Demand game that doesn’t play. Take note of the size.

Select the Games on Demand game, and then select Delete.

Go to the Games Store and download a game demo or other content that is approximately the same size as the Games on Demand title.

Note Game demos are a no-cost way to add content to your hard drive.

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Select Settings, and then select Account.

Select Download History.

Select the Games on Demand game, and then select Download Again.

Once it’s downloaded, play the Games on Demand game.

(note games on demand is downloaded games that where bought)

hope that helps:)
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Gears 5 refuses to allow me to install it on my second drive

Hi,

I have just started to download Gears 5 via Game Pass on my D:\ drive which is a HDD. I Have four drives on my PC, two SSD's - which don't have enough space - a 3.5" Internal HDD and an external drive. Both HDD's could be selected for the install.

I can only assume the problem is with your Windows Installation or configuration. Do you have any additional security software running on your PC? What applications launch on your PC along with Windows?
  6. Mastadox Win User

Xbox (PC) - "installing gaming services. this may take a few minutes" - stuck in this

The problem is probably because you selected a different drive than your systemdrive as your default location to save the xbox games to.. But the games services for xbox beta need to be on the systemdrive. So it will not download.

Simply set your default storage device for apps back to your C: drive..

Then restart the download of the gaming services.. Then it will finish..

Then you can change it back to the drive you want the games to install to..

I had the same problem. And this solved it for me.

With Kind Regards,

Tom
Thema:

1. Problem selecting which drive to download games to on Xbox app (PC) - Similar Threads - Problem selecting drive

2. Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play problem - A button registers select but won’t do anything: When i launch remote play i can move the controller around and thr selector moves through the menu as expected. When i press the A button, it shows the attempt to select but nothing launches. My...
  3. THERES A PROBLEM... Insider content, KartRider. As soon as I select KartRider I get this...

in XboX Insiders
    THERES A PROBLEM... Insider content, KartRider. As soon as I select KartRider I get this...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Deeeznutzz27 [link] [comments]
  4. Problem with selecting TV models when setting up device control in TV & OneGuide; will not...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with selecting TV models when setting up device control in TV & OneGuide; will not...: [IMG] submitted by /u/chubodea_fatman [link] [comments]
  5. you can't acquire this item in your currently selected language problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    you can't acquire this item in your currently selected language problem: so i bought red dead redemption 1 for my xbox one which has a backwards compatibility and i cant redeem it due to the problem in the subject, i tried everything, changing my region, language over...
  6. Select 3 problem

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Select 3 problem: Early today I tried select 3 contest and it said I had won the 500$ Microsoft gift card then my power went out and I came back to check and I was not credited ec8265cb-6a9f-410b-931f-eebfec925bf6
  7. Selected language problem on Xbox one for redeem a code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Selected language problem on Xbox one for redeem a code: Hello! I bought Fallout 4, and with the game, there is a redeem code for Fallout 3. I tried to put it in the store on my xbox one, however it says "You can't acquire this item in your currently...
  8. Problems with Comp Mode and Character Selection.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Comp Mode and Character Selection.: For the past 3 seasons I have been above Diamond rank. Obviously, when you get past an SR of 3k, your score begins to deteriorate after 7 days of not playing a Competitive Match. I have been very...
  9. Home menu selection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home menu selection problem: For some reason. The home button on the guide menu doesnt work when i select it. I always gotta hit b to back up or hit the middle button to select my games or select one of the other features and...
  10. Problem with dashboard and selecting games/apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with dashboard and selecting games/apps: My Xbox one has been great until I connected a new controller and updated it. On the dashboard I can move around until I select a game or go to settings, but then a slightly dark screen pops up...