problem when installing games

Discus and support problem when installing games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having a problem for almost 2 months. It is impossible for me to install certain applications from the Game Pass, such as Forza... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maxtise10, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Maxtise10
    Maxtise10 Guest

Hello,

I have been having a problem for almost 2 months. It is impossible for me to install certain applications from the Game Pass, such as Forza Horizon 5 or Minecraft. However, I can install certain applications, such as Forza Horizon 4 or Sea Of Thieves, that is to say the applications with which we have no choice when it comes to the installation folder. I obviously tried to change the installation location several times, did a multitude of manipulations found on forums, support center or even on Youtube and specialized sites, but nothing changed. I reinstalled Windows, did all the updates. The problem still persists, I cannot access the proposed applications.

:)

Maxtise10, Jul 3, 2022
  2. Maxtise10 Win User

Hi,

Thank you for taking time on my problem :)

Indeed, I have the error 0x00000001 which is displayed. I'm using Windows 11 and I'm not part of the Xbox Insider program. I'm sending you a screen, the text is in French, I hope that won't be a problem for you.

Waiting for your kind reply.

[​IMG]
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

These are the only 2 methods for installing the gaming service in question, Maxtise.

It means that somehow your windows is not installing as it has some corrupted root level file.

I believe the best advice then would be a clean format. Without using system backups.
  4. Maxtise10 Win User

Hi Dérek,

I have been trying to solve my problem for a long time. In two months, I did this manipulation a multitude of times and it never worked. This method is the first found when I search for a solution.

Thank you anyway for trying to solve my problem :D
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Thanks for taking the time to provide more information about this. I asked for the screenshot to know the exact error message you received - 0x00000001.

For this error, I would first recommend you to try to use the System File Checker and DISM to repair broken, corrupted or missing system files:

Go to Start > Search for Command Prompt > Right Click > Run as Administrator. Run one command at a time:

sfc /scannow

chkdsk /r

chkdsk /f

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

See how it goes and please let me know.
  6. Maxtise10 Win User

Hello Derek,

I had already tried this method not too long ago but I did it again, in case it worked this time. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem, nothing has changed.

While waiting for your answer :)
Thema:

1. problem when installing games - Similar Threads - problem installing games

2. Problem with installation of PC Game Pass Games on disk D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with installation of PC Game Pass Games on disk D:: Hello I can install games on the disk C: (a 120GB SSD), but I can't do it in the disk D: (a 1TB HDD). I don't know why, I tried to format both disks, the one with the OS, and the one where I...
  3. Problems with Game launching and installing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with Game launching and installing: (This has only become a recent issue in that last week). It started off with a few of my games not launching and displaying an error message, which would direct me to do a hard reset, which would...
  4. Anyone else have problems downloading disc games ? Installation stopped?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else have problems downloading disc games ? Installation stopped?: I’ve did every trouble shoot known to fix it. But I tried to redownload it using the Xbox app on my phone and it actually worked ! Just figure I’d just let all you guys know submitted by...
  5. Sign-In / Cloud Save / Installation Problems on Game Pass PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign-In / Cloud Save / Installation Problems on Game Pass PC: Hey guys, I have a very strange problem with XBOX Game Pass on PC. Several problems to be exact: - when I log in I get a flickering "please wait" window. - when i search for something i get...
  6. Problem with modding game using advanced install manage

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with modding game using advanced install manage: Hi everyone, I'm trying to modding Skyrim SE, but when I try to copy file in the installation folder, it gives me the error "The file is too big for the destination file system". I'm trying to...
  7. problems with the installation of some games with game pass ultimate PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problems with the installation of some games with game pass ultimate PC: When I hit the "install a game with game pass" button, nothing happens, it doesn't start the download and the box where I want to install it does not appear, but no error appears either,...
  8. Problem installing games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem installing games: I have an external SSD on my pc and some titles wont give me the option to install in it. anyone know how to fix this? 30e46cfa-0a9f-4c00-bc1f-2d472811d05a
  9. Xbox app wont install games on C drive, but on another without a problem.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install games on C drive, but on another without a problem.: Hi, That is happening after Forza Horizon 5 was like 90GB, and I accidentally reset My laptop, and after that, because I have games on C drive, it shows that the app is preparing to download,...
  10. Problem installing some games on external hard drive XBox One S

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem installing some games on external hard drive XBox One S: Hi everyone, I'm recently encountering issues with few games when trying to install them on the external hard drive of my Xbox One S. To be precise, my external hard drive is a HDD on a docking...