Problem with a game update

Discus and support Problem with a game update in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there. I just updated Minecraft and got a message saying that some of the content I downloaded is corrupt. I've had this problem before and have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DerpiestCreeper, May 8, 2015.

1. Problem with a game update

Hello there.

I just updated Minecraft and got a message saying that some of the content I downloaded is corrupt. I've had this problem before and have tried to delete and re-download the update but have managed to delete all my worlds, which I would like to avoid doing
    again if possible. I have no memory stick to transfer the save files to either so can anyone please give a step by step guide to doing this without loosing everything that I've worked very hard for.

Thanks.

:)

DerpiestCreeper, May 8, 2015
  2. Problem with game updates

Sometimes i need to update a game, but the update goes beyond 100% and keep going.

I don't know what to do...

I need to uninstall and reinstall everything and it is very boring....

What can I do?

Lucas EduardoFreitas, May 8, 2015
  3. Scrtch
    Scrtch Guest
    Problem with game updates

If you uninstall and reinstall does it work the second time? Have you tried clearing the cache for the console? You can do that by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts off.

Are you downloading to an external drive or the internal drive?

Scrtch, May 8, 2015
  4. Subject l7
    Subject l7 Guest

Hi there Problem with a game update :)

You can check for corrupt files any time, go to:

• Settings/System Settings/Storage/Games & Apps.
    Scroll through your games & if any have a yellow triangle with a white exclamation mark next to them, they are corrupt, & your only option then is to delete them. If the game appears OK, select the game itself & it will show all your save files related to
    it, if any of them have that yellow warning triangle, you'll need to delete those.

Any corrupt file on an Xbox can potentially affect it's wonderful working operation!

It's also worth clearing your cache at this point, this is just like deleting your internet browsing history. Here's how:

• Settings/System Settings/Storage - highlight your hard drive & press "Y." Choose the option "Clear System Cache." Repeat this process another 2 times then reboot your Xbox.
    When you do the update again, this should've resolved the issue.

If you want to, you could always use the Cloud as your save location. You can copy files to & from there whenever you like just by going to step 1 above, choosing the save file & selecting "Copy" or "Move." It's not big enough to save an entire game to,
    but when you start a game & it asks for a save location, it will place your save files there if you want it to. I do this for quite a lot of my games actually.

If you're still having issues, please come back & we'll see what else we can try Problem with a game update :)

Subject l7, May 11, 2015
  5. Densetsu Arashi Win User

Games Update Problem

I tryed it.

I installed the game with internet and without internet, same issue.

With internet i have to choise for update late or at same time, with late choise the game installed well by the disc, but when i try to update i got "installation interrupted" and the other option to install wille update i got "installation iterrupted" right
    on 0%, i do the hard reset and same.

Thanks for your help.
  6. Da assas1n k1ng Win User

Game update problems

go to speedtest.net and go to begin test and come back with the results
  7. MiddlingKarma4 Win User

Problems with game updates.

Well. I've had a problem where the update will just stop completely without an error code. If you're using a wired connection, I don't know what to say. If it's possible, try to connect your Xbox to your modem with an Ethernet cable. ( I think?)

Wired connections work best for me, even if my wireless router is 10 feet away.
  8. xOx DECOY xOx Win User

Problems with game update

Can you tall me what its doing when you first turn the console on with the cd or usb already plugged in?
  9. numnut9 Win User

Game update problem

I'm having the same issues, and if you found a way around it please tell me!
Thema:

1. Problem with a game update - Similar Threads - Problem game update

2. Games updates problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games updates problems: I have an issue with my games updates on xbox one that i started experiencing 4 days ago with forza horizon 4 and then nba 2k20. I received an 11.9mb update for forza horizon 4 on 17 april 2020...
  3. Problems installing and updating games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problems installing and updating games and apps: Is anyone else on alpha skip ahead or lower versions for xbox one having issues ee's s trying to download , install or updating apps & games I tried restarting my console and everything still the...
  4. Problem trying to update Game Pass on PC (Beta)

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem trying to update Game Pass on PC (Beta): Hi, for the past weeks I cant install nor update games in Xbox Game Pass on PC. I get the message in the app "Its time to update" and I click on it but nothing happens. And as I am in a older...
  5. Updates and Game installation problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates and Game installation problems: Hello, I've been having issues ever since I subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. I don't know if it can be related but I know at least one more guy that reported the same behavior. For starters I'll...
  6. Xbox beta update - windows update lags in games problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox beta update - windows update lags in games problem: Hi! 1-2 weeks ago i start with xbox beta (for PC), this app required windows update. After this update, all online games have lags... Please help:( ***Moved from Gaming on Windows 10***...
  7. مشكلة في تحديث لعبة wareface [Translation - Problem updating the game Wareface]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    مشكلة في تحديث لعبة wareface [Translation - Problem updating the game Wareface]: لماذا لايمكن تحديث لعبة wareface عندما يطلب تحديث ؟؟!!!! __________________ [Translation - Why can't I update the game wareface when he asks for an update??!!!!]...
  8. Network problem while updating games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network problem while updating games: Hey everyone, I got a Xbox One X and use a DLAN Adapter to run my network. Connection between router and console is very good and I have no problems until I download or update games. As soon as...
  9. PROBLEM with Leaderboards and NO UPDATING TRUE SKILL XP LVL - ONLY XBOX 360 GAMES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PROBLEM with Leaderboards and NO UPDATING TRUE SKILL XP LVL - ONLY XBOX 360 GAMES: Before was a similar problem with no updating/ True Skill LVL/XP and leaderboards in these games: Not WORKING: Far CRY 2 - XP not save and leaderboards too Kane & lynch 2 - Leaderboards...
  10. Problems on dashboards (Xbox ONE ELITE), Games are not updated when the Xbox is turned off. ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems on dashboards (Xbox ONE ELITE), Games are not updated when the Xbox is turned off. ...: Why is the menu and general Xbox Dashboard so stuck? Opening, for example, the library from the game is terribly slow. The same opening or searching in the Xbox Store....