Problem with Atmos and Denon receiver

Discus and support Problem with Atmos and Denon receiver in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have a Denon S950H and when I use Atmos on my X box one X (either apps or games), my receiver says Multi Ch and not Atmos. It will briefly flash... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/marthur22, Jan 24, 2020.

1. /u/marthur22
    /u/marthur22 Guest

I have a Denon S950H and when I use Atmos on my X box one X (either apps or games), my receiver says Multi Ch and not Atmos. It will briefly flash ATMOS when starting apps/switching HDR formats but then it changes to Multi Ch. When using my Apple TV the receiver correctly displays ATMOS. I am wondering if this is a known problem and if there is a fix for it?

Everything is set up correctly and the Dolby atmos app is set up on the X box one X. I was wondering if there was a solution? Or am I still getting Atmos sound but it displays Multi Ch in? Any help would be appreciated as it is very frustrating for me.

submitted by /u/marthur22
    [link] [comments]

/u/marthur22, Jan 24, 2020
  2. JEZ JOHNSON Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

Same problem here with my Denon X3200W. Displays Dolby Surround (receiving a 2.0 signal) on everything except the Atmos app (Which shows as Atmos on the receiver)
  3. silwenae99 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I can confirm this bug with the Dolby Atmos app.

My setup: Denon X4200W receiver with Xbox One S.

Atmos works fine in the Dolby Atmos app, Blu-Ray and Netflix (the movie Okja is the only Atmos movie on Netflix). All other Netflix videos and Xbox apps default back to 2.0 down mix as posted above.
  4. Soth232 Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

I just got a Denon AVR-X2600h receiver and was looking forward to using Atmos but like everyone else, it never seems to take advantage of it. I contacted Denon and they said that it's been reported to them before and that Microsoft needs to updated to have
    the new Dolby Home Theater 1.6 signal flag for Atmos to work properly.

Not sure what that really requires, but that's what I'm being told. Hopefully MS will get that taken care of quickly.
  5. shyko1603 Win User

Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working

I have narrowed the problem down to the Microsoft Xbox One X.

Today I purchased an Apple 4K TV and plugged it in to the Denon AVR-S950H. When I switched to the Netflix app and started playing "Formula 1 Drive to Survive", the Denon receiver displayed "Atmos", which it should have done.

When I switched to the Netflix app on the Xbox One X and attempted to play the same video, it only displayed "Multi In". Again, I have changed the settings on the Xbox to what is supposedly the correct ones to enable Atmos. The only time I can get
    Atmos sounds is when Im playing an Atmos enabled 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray. I played "Fury", and it works. Atmos does NOT work anymore when playing games or using the apps such as Netflix or Prime Video.

I hope that Microsoft engineers are browsing this group, because I have cross posted this problem on Reddit and have received three other comments from people who have experienced the same sort of thing within the last few weeks.
    Hi TallOn1,

I got exactly the same problem as you, I just purchased Denon AVR-S750H. All I can get is Multi-in when playing games or Netflix, the funny thing is Netflix was able to detect that I got ATMOS so I am sure it works but not having the display bothers me.
    Playing Ultra Bluray disc works without any issues too. I am wondering if is Denon issue or the new update of the xbox one x software.
  6. Tall0n1 Win User

Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working

I have narrowed the problem down to the Microsoft Xbox One X.

Today I purchased an Apple 4K TV and plugged it in to the Denon AVR-S950H. When I switched to the Netflix app and started playing "Formula 1 Drive to Survive", the Denon receiver displayed "Atmos", which it should have done.

When I switched to the Netflix app on the Xbox One X and attempted to play the same video, it only displayed "Multi In". Again, I have changed the settings on the Xbox to what is supposedly the correct ones to enable Atmos. The only time I can get
    Atmos sounds is when Im playing an Atmos enabled 4k Ultra HD Blu Ray. I played "Fury", and it works. Atmos does NOT work anymore when playing games or using the apps such as Netflix or Prime Video.

I hope that Microsoft engineers are browsing this group, because I have cross posted this problem on Reddit and have received three other comments from people who have experienced the same sort of thing within the last few weeks.
Thema:

1. Problem with Atmos and Denon receiver - Similar Threads - Problem Atmos Denon

2. There is Netflix is problem playback in atmos not playing it only change to 5.1 it work...

in XboX Insiders
    There is Netflix is problem playback in atmos not playing it only change to 5.1 it work...: submitted by /u/chintups2 [link] [comments]
  3. Dolby atmos problem

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby atmos problem: Hi, i have been puzzling and swapping cables for a couple of days now, but i am stuck. I have an Xbox and an Anthem AVM60 that is capable of processing dolby atmos. I have downloaded the atmos...
  4. Dolby Atmos for Headphones problema de som [Translate] Dolby Atmos for Headphones problem...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for Headphones problema de som [Translate] Dolby Atmos for Headphones problem...: Após desisntalar o aplicativo Dolby Access o meu Headset da HyperX parou de funcionar a saida de audio, mas o microfone ainda funciona, alguem sabe o que houve e como posso arrumar isso ?...
  5. Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Dolby Atmos problem: So I have an Xbox One X with an Elite controller. I am using them with a Samsung QLED TV and the K950 Soundbar that uses 4K passthrough to run Dolby Atmos. The sound is amazing for games and...
  6. Dolby ATMOS for Headphones Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dolby ATMOS for Headphones Problems: Is there any word on when the Dolby ATMOS for Headphones is going to be fixed? Still having the issue of garbled sound when playing ATMOS content, whether it be a game, movies on Netflix or VUDU,...
  7. UHD HDR Atmos problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    UHD HDR Atmos problems: My setup: XBox One X, Denon X6400, LG B7 When connecting hdmi from xbox to receiver to TV, picture and sound drops out every few minutes for 2-3 secons. Anoying. When connecting hdmi from xbox...
  8. Atmos MKV Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos MKV Problem: Hi, So I bought finally Xbox One S and wanted it to play Dolby Atmos Movies from external hdd. But it doesn't. Everything is connected correctly, I get atmos from trailers on dolby access app but...
  9. New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem: new update has put my Yamaha avr into constant Dolby atmos surround sound even content that’s not supported before the update it auto switched to various soundfields fine none supported games and...
  10. XB1X Dolby Atmos problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1X Dolby Atmos problem: I just purchased Dolby Atmos through Dolby Access on Xbox One X. It sounds absolutely tremendous on my Sony Str Dn 1080 and 5.1 setup when Atmos content is actually played, however I get a...