Problem with black screen on Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with black screen on Windows 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have recently bought the game on windows 10. I have it on xbox one and it works fine. When I installed it I opened it and it starts the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lefteris anast, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Problem with black screen on Windows 10

Hello. I have recently bought the game on windows 10. I have it on xbox one and it works fine. When I installed it I opened it and it starts the booting of the game with the logos of the companies etc and then it goes black. I can not see anything, I can
    hear that the menu is ON but can not see anything.

Please help. I am playing it on HP 250G6 laptop. I have to mention that I upgraded on SSD hard drive on my laptop and before the upgrade the game was working. I installed it again fresh, now, and same problem again.

my email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***

thanks a lot!

:)

lefteris anast, Dec 19, 2017
  2. hydro thunder won't play full screen on surface pro 3 windows 10

as subject line says, can't get hydro thunder into full screen on windows 10 on a surface pro 3. worked fine on desktop on windows 10, but on surface, going full screen has the game screen occupy about 25% of the screen up in the upper left corner with
    rest of screen black. I couldn't figure my way around it, uninstalled nd reinstalled, looked thru settings, nothing. couldn't resize screen in minimized mode either.

looking for others with a surface and hydro thunder on windows 10 and how its working/looking for them, thanks...

Tokyo Sexxwale, Dec 19, 2017
  3. Patoonlol
    Patoonlol Guest
    Black Screen With Windows 10 Update

I turned on my console and wasnt connected to my internet wire so i turned it off and back on and my xbox has a black screen. the kinect can hear me but the screen wont change. i've hard reset the console many times and even tried to use OSUDT2 file to sort
    it out but got an error message because its using the windows 10 dashboard. what else is there to do as i am thinking factory reset might be the best option

Patoonlol, Dec 19, 2017
  4. FxdBrokenLight Win User

Solitaire Klondike Intermittent Screen Black Out

5. RetroGalaxy56 Win User

black screen when opening games

May we know all of the mentioned games above does not have any issue (black screen) when played it on full screen on Windows 10?: no, i never had any problem in windows 10

May we know if you have tried to uninstall a game from Xbox and tried to play the game installed from Microsoft Store? Will it give you black screen when played full screen?: I haven't tried it yet

May we know if your graphics card driver is up-to-date?: it is updated

What are the troubleshooting you have done do far? : The only thing that I have tried so far is to uninstall the game or change the resolution, since I think that the resolution is the big problem, if I put it in a resolution like 1280x720 the game does not black screen if I play it in full screen, but if I put it in 1366x768 the screen goes black
  6. Er0Sennin691 Win User

Recore Black screen windows 10

Hey, so i have the latest version of the game, i installed yesterday itself.

I uninstalled the drivers using driver uninstaller utility and reinstalled the latest version.

Still no effect.

I found the log file of the game-

Loading native plugins

Loading AkSoundEngine.dll

Loading CellNativeClientUniversal.dll

Loading cpprest140_uwp_2_6.dll

Loading Microsoft.Xbox.Services.dll

Loading commonEventLoggingLibrary_release_UWPx64_2015.dll

Module information:

Built with Compiler Ver '190024213'

Built from '5.4/partner/armature/dev-staging' branch

Version is '5.4.0b14 (3cea33593d7d)'

Release build

Application type 'D3D11'

Used 'UWP'

GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1

Direct3D:

Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M (ID=0x13d8)

Vendor: NVIDIA

VRAM: 3040 MB

GfxDevice: setting real device

Initialize engine version: 5.4.0b14 (3cea33593d7d)

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on AFPSCounter

This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.

Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

(Filename: Line: 375)

Disabling independent input source.

Logical Screen DPI is 96.00.

SceneWasUnloaded: /t 0.007377 ms

UnloadTime: 0.887297 ms

Resolution: Switching to 1280 x 720 Fullscreen: True

Resolution: ApplicationView::IsFullScreenMode = False

Resolution: Entering fullscreen mode...

Resolution: Resizing swapchain to 1280 x 720 Fullscreen: True

Resolution: Done.

SceneWasUnloaded: /t 0.000819 ms

UnloadTime: 0.514755 ms

Unloading 220 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6049. Operation took 7.555349 ms.

UnloadTime: 0.470493 ms

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: 238 -> priority: 1

Thread -> id: e60 -> priority: 1

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6287. Operation took 11.316835 ms.

Unloading 5 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 6357. Operation took 8.822566 ms.

SceneWasUnloaded: /t 0.000409 ms

UnloadTime: 5.424195 ms

Unloading 30691 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 74216. Operation took 130.574554 ms.

Unloading 102 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 74512. Operation took 90.692886 ms.

SceneWasUnloaded: /t 0.002868 ms

SceneWasUnloaded: /t 0.001229 ms

UnloadTime: 38.946835 ms

Unloading 6853 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 45561. Operation took 781.032959 ms.

SceneWasUnloaded: /t 0.000000 ms

UnloadTime: 7.814776 ms

InvalidCastException: Arg_InvalidCastException

at ItemCraftedGoalTracker.Reconcile(Inventory inventory)

at AchievementsTracker.ReconcileAgainstInventory(Inventory inventory)

at AchievementsTracker.UpdateReconciliation()

at AchievementsTracker.Update()

at AchievementsTracker.$Invoke13(Int64 instance, Int64* args)

at UnityEngine.Internal.$MethodUtility.InvokeMethod(Int64 instance, Int64* args, IntPtr method)

(Filename: <Unknown> Line: 0)

Unloading 37021 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 373220. Operation took 638.694458 ms.

at UnityEngine.Internal.$MethodUtility.InvokeMethod(Int64 instance, Int64* args, IntPtr method)

Unloading 22 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 377320. Operation took 458.878357 ms.

at IDsGoalTracker.TryRegisterID(String id)

at FindAllLogBookEntriesGoalTracker.PlayerInventoryUniqueItemAddedCallback(GlobalEventPayload payload)

at ReCore!<BaseAddress>+0x5c65790

at GlobalGameEvents.PostEventWithCustomPayload(EGlobalGameEvent type, GlobalEventPayload payload)

at Inventory.FireItemAddedEvent(UniqueData itemData, Int32 newIndex)

at Inventory.AddItemData(UniqueData itemData)

at Inventory.AddItem(UniqueInventoryItem item, ELootAcquisitionMethod acquireType)

at ArchiveKeyInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity, ELootAcquisitionMethod acquireType)

at UniqueInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Collections.Generic.List<LootDrop.SLootDropItemStack> addedItems, Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity, ELootAcquisitionMethod acquireType)

at UniqueInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Collections.Generic.List<LootDrop.SLootDropItemStack> addedItems, Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity)

at UniqueInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity)

at uScriptAct_KyotoInventory_AddInventoryItem.In(GameObject itemObj, EStackType stackType, Int32 stackSize)

at UnlockLogBookEntry.Relay_In_1()

at UnlockLogBookEntry.Relay_In_0()

at UnlockLogBookEntry.Relay_In_4()

at UnlockLogBookEntry.uScriptAct_KyotoPersistence_GetPersistentBool_False_16(Object o, EventArgs e)

at uScriptAct_KyotoPersistence_GetPersistentBool.In(GameObject gameObject, String name, Boolean defaultValue, Boolean& value, EContext context)

at UnlockLogBookEntry.Relay_In_16()

at UnlockLogBookEntry.Instance_PlayerPartyReady_6(Object o, EventArgs e)

at UnityEngine.Windows.Speech.DictationRecognizer.DictationRecognizer_InvokeHypothesisGeneratedEvent(String keyword)

at ReCore!<BaseAddress>+0x5c66f18

at KyotoPlayerPartyChecker.CheckPlayerPartyReadyInternal()

at KyotoPlayerPartyChecker.UnBlockPlayerPartyReady()

at LevelLoadManager.<LoadLevelAsync>d__74.MoveNext()

at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.$Invoke1(Int64 instance, Int64* args)

at FindAllLogBookEntriesGoalTracker.PlayerInventoryUniqueItemAddedCallback(GlobalEventPayload payload)

at GlobalGameEvents.PostEventWithCustomPayload(EGlobalGameEvent type, GlobalEventPayload payload)

at Inventory.AddItem(UniqueInventoryItem item, ELootAcquisitionMethod acquireType)

at ArchiveKeyInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity, ELootAcquisitionMethod acquireType)

at UniqueInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Collections.Generic.List<LootDrop.SLootDropItemStack> addedItems, Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity, ELootAcquisitionMethod acquireType)

at UniqueInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Collections.Generic.List<LootDrop.SLootDropItemStack> addedItems, Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity)

at UniqueInventoryItem.AddQuantityToInventory(Inventory inventory, Int32 quantity)

at uScriptAct_KyotoInventory_AddInventoryItem.In(GameObject itemObj, EStackType stackType, Int32 stackSize)

at UnlockLogBookEntry.Relay_Driven_4()

at UnlockLogBookEntry_Component.$Invoke20(Int64 instance, Int64* args)

at IDsGoalTracker.GetGoalProgress()

at GoalTracker.UpdateGoalProgress()

Trimming D3D resources.

at IDsGoalTracker.RegisterIDsAndUpdateProgress(Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<System.String> ids)

at FindAllLogBookEntriesGoalTracker.Reconcile(Inventory inventory)

Trimming D3D resources.
  7. Catherine Cus. Win User

Recore Black screen windows 10

Hi,

Availability of updates for the device and the game are the possible reasons why you're having issues playing games on Windows 10. Answer the following questions and we'll provide you with the best approach of resolving this issue:

• Have you made any changes to your device before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried playing other games and check if the same instance occurs?
    • Are you playing the game offline or online?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this

link
    . This can help resolve issues regarding digital contents downloaded from the Windows Store.

We also recommend that you check if there are updates available for the app and the device. Refer to the following links for the steps:

8. Kenny H. Win User

Black Screen With Windows 10 Update

Turn the console off and unplug it for 5 minutes. If that doesn't work, you will want to do the factory reset, but that usually fixes it. You'll also want to post anything related to the preview update in the preview forums (forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx).
Thema:

Problem with black screen on Windows 10

1. Problem with black screen on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem black screen

2. Black screen problem after startup and login on Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen problem after startup and login on Xbox One X: Hey, this issue seems to be going on with a lot of people right now. For my particular machine, the black screen shows up after the startup animation is finished. I even see the little login icon...
  3. XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X changing application black screen problem: Basically the problem is, when playing a game for sometime like for example an hour or two, and then going back to the home screen, the XBOX series X would just stay stuck on a black screen. The...
  4. Problem with my Xbox One X. Green stripes and black screen flickering

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with my Xbox One X. Green stripes and black screen flickering: Hello. I use one monitor to play on my personal computer and on the console (I have Xbox One X) After I switched to my monitor HDMI from Xbox to HDMI from Computer, I stopped getting a 1080p...
  5. Problem : black screen during loading screens

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem : black screen during loading screens: So I've had a problem for 2 days. Suddenly, I have a black screen in the middle of a loading sequence. For example on Battlefield V, as soon as I join a game, it's going to make me a black screen...
  6. Let it snow! New TCL TV problem after fixing the flashing black screen issue

in XboX Insiders
    Let it snow! New TCL TV problem after fixing the flashing black screen issue: [IMG] I had the issue where my screen would flash black every issue 100 seconds or so like everybody else. But that was fixed with the latest TCL update released a couple of weeks ago. However,...
  7. Xbox One X Black Screen Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Black Screen Problem: I was watching anime on the funimation app when all off a sudden the sound started going out for a few seconds at a time every minute or so. This then started including a visual glitch to go with...
  8. My xbox one screen is black and says there was a problem with the update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My xbox one screen is black and says there was a problem with the update: My xbox one screen is black and says there was a problem with the update I cant get out of this screen e11fb2b6-330c-46b2-bb18-6c88f3e936cf
  9. Xbox one x (black screen of death) problem after 5months of the date of purchase !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x (black screen of death) problem after 5months of the date of purchase !!: Purchased a brand new xbox one x in late june literally 5months later october it stopped working it had the no signal issue apparently caused by a faulty (retimer chip) i still have my original...
  10. Anyone having frequent problems with the "black screen of death on xbox one S and xbox one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone having frequent problems with the "black screen of death on xbox one S and xbox one...: I am not trying to accuse of anything but as of late my Xbox One S and my Xbox one X both started lagging recently then they both started experiencing the black screen of death. I was able to...