Problem with currency on account

Discus and support Problem with currency on account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My problem is that I live in Ireland and the country deals in euro but my account uses pounds and so I cannot buy a 10euro or 20euro card etc and use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesCroke, Jun 8, 2014.

1. JamesCroke
    JamesCroke Guest

My problem is that I live in Ireland and the country deals in euro but my account uses pounds and so I cannot buy a 10euro or 20euro card etc and use it, so I was wondering because my region on my Xbox one is set to Ireland and I use for example a 10euro
    code and it works will it change my currency on my 360 to euro?

:)

JamesCroke, Jun 8, 2014
  2. Account currency problem

I live in South Africa and want to purchase items via Xbox store.

My region an language is correct on console, also on Microsoft account.

But Billing information stays in dollar $ US). I cannot get it to change to South African Rand.

I cannot update my billing info because it asks for a US address.

Please help

FreeHunter223, Jun 8, 2014
  3. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Problem with currency

It sounds like you might be looking at the US marketplace. Also, if this is on the web, currency is not currently supported by the Marketplace website, so please try doing this from the console, where the prices should show in the correct currency.

maxen, Jun 8, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. The gift cards can only be used for the region they are made for. If you do not actually live in Ireland, you would need to migrate your account region to the correct region so you can use your local currency. Otherwise you will have to purchase gift
    cards in pounds.

Smwutches, Jun 8, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

No. The gift cards can only be used for the region they are made for. If you do not actually live in Ireland, you would need to migrate your account region to the correct region so you can use your local currency. Otherwise you will have to purchase gift
    cards in pounds.
  6. Royvin Win User

Microsoft Account Currency Problem

7. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft Account Currency Problem

It's a feature that hasn't been made available on the website yet.
  8. Malacath Win User

Gives me no option to pay with my MS points?

Do the region settings on your console match the currency you have in your Microsoft account?

I read on the forums a thread where someone else had this problem and they fixed it by changing the region settings on the xbox to match the currency in their Microsoft account.
  9. Smwutches Win User

Problem with currency

If the full game is not showing on the console, then that means it is not available for purchase from your region. The marketplace on the console will have everything that is available in your region.

There is no way to convert your local currency to USD.
Thema:

1. Problem with currency on account - Similar Threads - Problem currency account

2. Problem with currency

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Problem with currency: I have a problem when i try to buy a dlc of black ops 2. Originally, the price of the dlc was on Microsoft point, but since the transition to national currency it is supossed that the prices would...
  3. Problem buying with microsoft currency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem buying with microsoft currency: Hello, so I have a Problem buying with microsoft currency, and i will explain how. So i have 5 euros in my microsoft balance and i want to buy Fortnite Starter pack which costs 4.99 euros i click...
  4. Microsoft Account Currency Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Account Currency Problem: I'm wasn't sure which forum to post this in since it has to do with both the 360 and the One. Anyway, when I was looking at downloading content on xbox.com it doesn't give me the option to use the...
  5. Problem with currency

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with currency: Hello, I have a problem related to currency. I have R$50 Brazilian Real, which is equivalent to approx $22.46 USD. I'm trying to buy the game "Left 4 Dead 2" which cost $19,99 USD and, for...
  6. Problems redeeming a Microsoft currency code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems redeeming a Microsoft currency code: I got an error when redeeming a microsoft currency code and when i try to put the code back in it keep saying that the codes already been used, is there any way to check my download history?...
  7. Region Problems with the Xbox website & currency

in XBoX on Consoles
    Region Problems with the Xbox website & currency: Hi, I'm trying to change my gamertag through the Xbox website, however instead of staying on the Irish version of the Xbox site (en-ie), I get automatically redirected to the British version...
  8. Wrong currency problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong currency problem: I tried to buy a black ops 2 dlc now that's it's backward compatible but when I tried to buy it it tells me to buy in dollars when I live in England and tells me to enter a zip code with no letter...
  9. Account currency problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account currency problem: I live in South Africa and want to purchase items via Xbox store. My region an language is correct on console, also on Microsoft account. But Billing information stays in dollar $ US). I cannot...
  10. Cross platform currency problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross platform currency problems: Hi all, I'm having a problem buying add ons in th marketplace on the family 360. I live in the uk and have just bought a code for £10. The problem is whenever I tried redeeming the code on the...