Problem with games minimising

Discus and support Problem with games minimising in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I start up a game on my PC it will run for about 5-30 minutes, then minimise itself and sometimes crash. Even if it doesn't crash and just... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nick888999, Sep 20, 2021.

1. nick888999
    nick888999 Guest

Every time I start up a game on my PC it will run for about 5-30 minutes, then minimise itself and sometimes crash. Even if it doesn't crash and just minimises itself, the game will still not let me go back into it, and sometimes just display a windowed black screen. The strange thing is that when I start the game again it will now work just fine. So this is a problem that only happens when I first start playing a game after booting up my PC. I have tried to looking online at way to solve this issue but none of these methods have worked. At first the issue only occurred on one of my games, 'Hearts of Iron 4', but now it happens on every game I play.

Does anyone know why this might be, or how I could fix this issue? I remember having problems with games minimising on my old PC years ago, the issue was not similar to this, as games would minimise frequently and I could always get back into them. However I still have the same hard drive in my current PC, so could this be a hardware problem?

:)

nick888999, Sep 20, 2021
  2. SamQY Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

Have you tried to clean boot and disable as many third-party apps running as possible? Maybe some app running in the background is causing this.
  3. XBA_Hype Win User

controller enquiry

shouldn't have any problems, try playing wired without the battery pack connected to minimise this. to be fair i haven't come across this problem in a long time.
  4. jimtopbloke Win User

High CPU usage and slow download for Flight Simulator 2020 downloader

I've noticed the Flight Sim 2020 app when minimised uses considerably more CPU (going from 15% to 70% when minimised) and considerably more GPU (18% going to 48% when minimised)

What on earth could cause this to happen?

You would presume the opposite would be true, but it's not the case

I am growing very weary of the Store apps, they cause me nothing but issues during the install compared to Steam or any other game installers
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Alt tab not minimising some games?

Just to clarify - if you alt tab out of a full screen game to a window that's
    not
    covering your entire wallpaper (i.e not maximised), is the game minimised? Or is the game still visually running in the background for you, blocking your view of the wallpaper?
    Hi,

If I alt + tab from game that's running full screen then my game is minimised to the Taskbar. I must remind you that unless you have another application either running on the desktop or also minimised, alt + tab won't take you anywhere. If I hold the keys
    down, my game shows in a small window in the middle of the screen. When I let go of the buttons it goes back to full screen.

On pretty much all of my games, if I press the Windows Key on my keyboard, it automatically displays the Start menu and my game is minimised completely.

While a game is minimised, it still uses system resources such as in RAM, CPU and GPU cycles.

There is nothing special about my PC configuration. Standard Windows Settings. I built the PC myself it's an i7 8700, 16GB and an RTX 2080 graphics card.
  6. banej Win User

Buying replacement game

Another suggestion is to keep game disc that you play frequently in a CD sleeve. The will minimise the wear and tear due to taking the game disc out from the case.
Thema:

1. Problem with games minimising - Similar Threads - Problem games minimising

2. Twitch Integration on ASA Build, Problem with Game Names

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch Integration on ASA Build, Problem with Game Names: So, now we have again a dashboard integration for Streaming. Hope that we get some of the others there, youtube, brime, glimesh and co. the first problem for me, i wont get the right game names...
  3. Problem using ipega PG9023s on cloud gaming (only on PC)

in XboX Insiders
    Problem using ipega PG9023s on cloud gaming (only on PC): Hey guys, I'm having trouble with this. Cloud gaming released in Brazil, I played before on my phone using the Bluetooth controller ipega PG9023s. But when I try to play on my computer, the...
  4. XBOX Game Pass - PC - FF XIII (13) - Save Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Game Pass - PC - FF XIII (13) - Save Problem: Hi, I started a new game on FFXIII and encountered a save problem. I saved my game after 30min play time, howerver, past this point each I want to save my game (new save or earase and create a...
  5. problems with Xbox controller in mobile game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problems with Xbox controller in mobile game pass: the xbox remote on my samsung s10 phone doesn't work, it only recognizes AXBY but the directional ones don't and I can't play, I have everything updated and I don't know what to do...
  6. Problems launching Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems launching Games: So, I'm waited for the release of "Humankind" since the public Beta, now I saw that it was on Gamepass and wanted to play it, but now I can't launch it (Humankind), "Superhot: Mind Control...
  7. problem installing games in xbox app on windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problem installing games in xbox app on windows 10: i cant install apps from xbox as app only sees one c drive (main). This does not always happen, but only with certain games. When installing some applications, there is a choice of drive, while...
  8. Cloud gaming - problem with region

in XBoX on Mobile
    Cloud gaming - problem with region: Hi all. I'm living in the UK. When I play NBA 2k21 My Team in the cloud, can't use auctions. The reason? Goverment in Netherland forbiden hazard. But like I said, I'm in the UK? What I can do...
  9. Problem with textures in any game on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with textures in any game on Xbox Series S: Hi my new xbox series s has one problem. In all the games that I run, I see objects or textures flickering, in different games in different ways, but this is present in absolutely any game. I ask...
  10. Destiny 2 "Problem reading game content"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2 "Problem reading game content": I wish that I didn't have this issue after around A YEAR of not playing the game but looks like nothing has changed. I've read previous threads about this and I wanted to make a very clear,...