Problem with updates and installation priority

Discus and support Problem with updates and installation priority in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Is anyone else having a problem with your Xbox One starting to install/update something, getting a quarter or halfway through the update and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by wolverinelg, Mar 16, 2018.

1. wolverinelg
    wolverinelg Guest

Is anyone else having a problem with your Xbox One starting to install/update something, getting a quarter or halfway through the update and then jumping ahead to something else on your queue without you telling the Xbox to do so? For example I just set
    up Super Hot to install, with Warhammer and Paladins behind it on the queue. I play a game for a bit and then check back on the queue and Warhammer is being downloaded at 30%, Paladins is behind it at 20% and Super Hot is at the bottom at 15%. This has happened
    more than a handful of times and I have no idea what is causing it.

:)

wolverinelg, Mar 16, 2018
  2. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    installing is so screwed up!

Microsoft has very predictible and stable downloading and installs for the 360. Phil Spencer said Xbox One install problems are one of his highest priority issues to fix on the Xbox One. Question: with all of the software and hardware experience Microsoft has, how could they launch the One with install issues this severe and why hasn't it been fixed in an update.? Were almost a year in and people are still having problems with game installation.

vgdelta, Mar 16, 2018
  3. vgdelta
    vgdelta Guest
    Im drinking my own tears right now please help guys

I've seen many people talk about the slow download/install times but have never seen someone attempt to explain technically why it happens. Phil Spencer did say the problem is one of his highest priorities to fix but that was about a month ago and haven't heard any update yet.

vgdelta, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Problem with updates and installation priority

Hi there!

Are you using an external hard drive with the console and is the console plugged into a power strip by chance?

We would recommend plugging the console directly into a wall at all times as using a surge protector of any kind with the built in protection causes all kinds of weird issues.

Also, do you see any issues at all if you install the games one at a time?

Post back and let us know!

Mister Getafix, Mar 17, 2018
  5. Mister Getafix Win User

Hi there!

Are you using an external hard drive with the console and is the console plugged into a power strip by chance?

We would recommend plugging the console directly into a wall at all times as using a surge protector of any kind with the built in protection causes all kinds of weird issues.

Also, do you see any issues at all if you install the games one at a time?

Post back and let us know!
  6. VisionedOrange Win User

Mass Effect 3: 2 Disc Install Corrupting and restarting my Xbox HELP PLEASE

i've just been installing each disc seperatly, i installed disc 1 and finish the priority mission on that up until disc 2, deleted disc 1 install, installed disc 2 and now get to play the majority of the game on that install without swapping, i recommend
    doing this for anyone having the same problem (it also cuts down on disc swaps) until a patch comes out
  7. Not Heathrina Win User

Xbox One: Record Live TV

Agreed. Please make this a priority for the next update.
  8. Jurgen1488 Win User

XBOX forced update interrupting a game...

The system update has a higher priority than the game.
  9. Chris Gelon Win User

Hard-drive space running out on xbox one

The updates don't necessarily add that much size to the game. They might be large in download size, but they replace content already installed. So, a 13GB patch may only add 2GB or less to the total size of the game. The patches themselves must probably
    get deleted in addition to the game install.

And, as noted before, external HDs are coming, and are a top priority.
Thema:

1. Problem with updates and installation priority - Similar Threads - Problem updates installation

2. Problems installing and updating games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problems installing and updating games and apps: Is anyone else on alpha skip ahead or lower versions for xbox one having issues ee's s trying to download , install or updating apps & games I tried restarting my console and everything still the...
  3. Anyone with recent updates have constant problems with (installation stopped) ???

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone with recent updates have constant problems with (installation stopped) ???: submitted by /u/mosesshiferaw12 [link] [comments]
  4. Problème d'installation de mise à jour sur Xbox 360 / Problem of installation of update on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème d'installation de mise à jour sur Xbox 360 / Problem of installation of update on...: Bonjour Microsoft, J'ai actuellement un problème sur ma console Xbox 360, Le problème est que il était nécéssaire de télécharger et d'installer une mise jour, j'ai lancé le téléchargement et...
  5. Problem installing the updates?

in XboX Insiders
    Problem installing the updates?: I have a Xbox one X and on the Skip-ahead tier. I have recently had to update my console and when doing this usually forces the machine to reboot.. However recently the console has been getting...
  6. Updates and Game installation problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates and Game installation problems: Hello, I've been having issues ever since I subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. I don't know if it can be related but I know at least one more guy that reported the same behavior. For starters I'll...
  7. Ark update/installing problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark update/installing problems: it won't let me download ark and the one time I was able to get into the game it told me to update it and I did but now it won't update it and won't let me into the game just send me to the store...
  8. Problem installing gta5 game/game update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem installing gta5 game/game update: gta5 will not install. It gets to 73% and stops downloading. We've tried doing offline mode and a few other things people have said about this issue from reading online but nothing has worked. I...
  9. Install / Update problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Install / Update problem: I uninstalled a game a week or two ago. A few days later i tried to reinstall it, i thought it would take a few hours or maybe even a day for it to install and update. For the past 4 days,...
  10. a problem with installing games after update on xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    a problem with installing games after update on xbox one: so i havent been on xbox ina bit i just did the update from march today and first thing that happens is it says my connection is wired when i know it isnt finally got that fixed but now im having...