Problem with Xbox Series X controller after migrating to new computer

Discus and support Problem with Xbox Series X controller after migrating to new computer in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have Xbox Series X controller, with firmware version 5.5.2641. I've been using it for some time on my old computer with Windows 10 v1909. It was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Karls0, May 14, 2021.

1. Karls0
    Karls0 Guest

I have Xbox Series X controller, with firmware version 5.5.2641. I've been using it for some time on my old computer with Windows 10 v1909. It was totally solid and stable, I really enjoyed playing with this great device and could hardly indicate even single problem. I prefer it's shape over all this DS-like controllers. However, I switched to new computer, with Windows 20H2 and it started...

The connection is highly unstable. In the best case it can hold maybe 15 min without disconnect. Usually pressing "A" button reconnect it immediately. I have all Windows update installed, including optional. I've tried reflashing firmware with Xbox Accessories app, reconnecting the controller many times, including removing it manually from device manager - nothing helped. Could you assist me how to fix the issue? I connect exactly the same way, as on previous PC, via Bluetooth and I would prefer to stay with this method, as I don't use more than one controller at once, nor use microphone input. On previous PC I didn't noticed any negative aspects of this method, no disconnecting, no lags.

I hope you will assist me to figure out it. Waiting for your suggestions!

:)

Karls0, May 14, 2021
  2. Karls0 Win User

I'm sorry to said, but none of the links have the solution. It's still under warranty, so I can request replacement but I believe it would not change anything. As is said, on my old computer it worked correctly. The same controller, the same firmware version. Also no update is available, I have latest software, both windows and controller. It looks definitely like Windows 20H2 problem, but I need your help to find the exact origin of this instability.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Karls0!

With controller issues like these, I would recommend checking Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support article as it contains some solutions for the disconnecting issues. Also, if you haven't already, you can Update your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support as it might be the cause of the dysconnectivity.

However, if you are still encountering issues after trying all the previous solutions, you can Request an Xbox controller replacement | Xbox Support if its still under warranty.
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
  6. CCN_HsK Win User

Xbox Series X type-c port?

On the video, Xbox Series X has USB type A only.

The new controller, I think is type-A (Xbox Series X) to type-c (controller). (Elite2 is a to c usb)
Thema:

1. Problem with Xbox Series X controller after migrating to new computer - Similar Threads - Problem Series controller

2. My Xbox series S/X controller have a problem on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S/X controller have a problem on pc: Hello, I bought an Xbox series S/X controller and I want to play it on my PC. The problem is when I connect it via Bluetooth it doesn't work well like there is a misinput as an example when I...
  3. Xbox series x controller PC disconnection problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x controller PC disconnection problem: I recently purchased a Xbox series x controller to use with my pc. However, the controller disconnects and reconnects seemingly at random. Certain games seem to be worse, disconnecting about every...
  4. XBOX series s controller problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX series s controller problem: My Xbox series s controller always show me low battery. all chargeable batteries only work once and after fully charged they don't work again. I can use my controller only when connected to USB...
  5. Problems with the control of my Xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with the control of my Xbox series s: I'm an omega cycle insider. When I leave the option to keep my console up to date, and in the power saving mode, and I will turn the console off by the controller, the console turns off and the...
  6. Series X controller syncing problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X controller syncing problems: Whenever my series X controller runs out of battery, and I replace the batteries, the controller refuses to sync with the console, it just flashes continually. And this isn't really a controller...
  7. Problem with Xbox Series X controller left thumbstick.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Xbox Series X controller left thumbstick.: I have a strange issue with left thumbstick. It has no impact in game as of now but causes discomfort in use. When I move left stick slowly upwards, there is a moment which feels like there is a...
  8. Xbox Series X Console and Controller Sync Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Console and Controller Sync Problem: Normally, it will let me play just fine. But, this the second time this has happened. My controller just can't connect to the console, thus i cant play. After troubleshooting for hours, I can't...
  9. Xbox Series X blinking controller and game crashing problem...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X blinking controller and game crashing problem...: So I just got an Xbox Series X 2 weeks ago and use my Series 2 Elite Controller for it. About 1 and a half weeks ago I started experiencing where the controller would randomly start flashing and...
  10. Xbox series controller problems on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series controller problems on PC: Game bar always shows critical battery level. I'm constantly having trouble with bluetooth connection stability even with fresh batteries. [img] I tried to fill out the complaint application...