problems connecting xbox360 via HDMI through A/V Reciever

Discus and support problems connecting xbox360 via HDMI through A/V Reciever in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new Marantz A/V receiver that supports HDMI switching, after initially setting everything up I found I was getting no video nor... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TX Wahoo, May 31, 2014.

1. TX Wahoo
    TX Wahoo Guest

I recently purchased a new Marantz A/V receiver that supports HDMI switching, after initially setting everything up I found I was getting no video nor audio signal from the xbox to the TV. Furthermore, while connected through the receiver when powering up
    my xbox using the wireless controller the controller failed to connect to the console.

Using the same HDMI cable that was connected to the A/V receiver, I connected the console directly to the TV and had no problems. TV was receiving both audio and video, I then tried the same connection using the 2nd HDMI cable (the one originally connecting
    the A/V receiver to the TV) and again experienced no issues. Therefore I feel I can safely rule out the two HDMI cables.

For reference I'm having no problems with any of my other HDMI video sources (cable, DVD) connected through the receiver.

The fact that the wireless controller fails to connect when the console is connected to the receiver is what really baffles me.

:)

TX Wahoo, May 31, 2014
  2. Connecting the Console Directly to A/V Receiver?

The Xbox literature recommends connecting the console to the TV using HDMI cable and then the console to the A/V Receiver using an optical digital audio cable in order to get surround sound. Is it possible to simply connect the console directly to the A/V
    Receiver with an HDMI cable to get both audio and video through the A/V Reciever? I own a Denon AVR-391.

THank you

RemittingCross4, May 31, 2014
  3. Xbox One with an A/V Receiver

Maybe im not understanding you right, but here is how i have mine setup.

I have WD-MediaPlayer, Bluray, Xbox360 and Xbox One connected to my reciever via Hdmi.

My TV decoder is input into the Xbox One.

My reciever outputs all to my TV via Hdmi.

This setup works great, as i can easilly switch any device with one remote.

Thorbjørn Jensen, May 31, 2014
  4. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

Xbox One with an A/V Receiver

Maybe im not understanding you right, but here is how i have mine setup.

I have WD-MediaPlayer, Bluray, Xbox360 and Xbox One connected to my reciever via Hdmi.

My TV decoder is input into the Xbox One.

My reciever outputs all to my TV via Hdmi.

This setup works great, as i can easilly switch any device with one remote.
  5. BrawniestPanic2 Win User

Audio not working

Hello I have a similar problem. I had it connected directly to the Plasma via HDMI cable and worked just fine. Yesterday I had to disconnect in order to play a BluRay and when I hooked the XBOX360s back again via the HDMI the audio was gone. I can see the
    game but no sound. Connecting through the RCA cables works fine (audio and video) but with the HDMI I can no longer get audio. Anybody can help? Thanks
  6. Tigtat1977 Win User

Help with audio issue on Xbox one s.

Forgot to give setup. Xbox is connected to tv directly via hdmi, then tv out to receiver via hdmi arc. It has always worked like this before with old xbox one. I tried connecting direct to reciever then pic to tv via arc, but then it says it is not 4k. Even
    though reciever is capable of 4k arc passthrough.
  7. Kameltreiber Win User

No Dolby Digital or DTS

Sorry but no - i have a samsung tv and a Denon Receiver. Connected the tv via optical cable, just like you, although hdmi would work in my case (i wanted the tv to handle all hdmi connections). When attaching the xbox via hdmi to the tv i had the exact same
    problem you had - only stereo sound. Solution: connected the xbox to my Receiver via hdmi. The funny thing is: both xbox360 and ps3 had no problem with connection to my tv via hdmi.

Imo the xbox one has been poorly designed. This is not even half as bad as the problem that i cannot use live tv with a smart tv with integrated ci+ module...
  8. Bhutankam Pema Win User

No HDMI "Out" on TV

Hi there XB1 can only Input via HDMI - this means you`ll Need a Setup Box/reciever and from Setupbox with HDMI to XB1 (HDMI IN).

If your TV-Signal Comes straight out wall and if there is no reciever/setupbox between TV-TV-Outlet,

it will not work.

Your chain of Setup should be like:

TV-cable/satelite (Coax?) -> Setupbox/reciever-> from Reciever via HDMI ->
    to XB1
Thema:

1. problems connecting xbox360 via HDMI through A/V Reciever - Similar Threads - problems connecting xbox360

2. Problemas com a conexão no Xbox One (Problems connecting to Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problemas com a conexão no Xbox One (Problems connecting to Xbox One): ALGUÉM POR FAVOR ME AJUDA, NO MEU XBOX MEU PING EM JOGOS ONLINE SEMPRE FICA TRAVADO EM 200, SENDO QUE MINHA INTERNET É DE 200 MEGAS, PENSAVA QUE O PROBLEMA ESTAVA NA OPERADORA, MAS EM TODOS OS...
  3. 'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi: Last week in the midst of playing a game on my Xbox One, I got kicked off my WiFi and since then I haven't been able to get back on it. When I try try to run a test connection it tells me it's not...
  4. Mcpe Marketplace connection problem.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mcpe Marketplace connection problem.: Hello, I AM FREAKING PROBLEMS IN MARKETPLACE WHEN CREATING REALMS, IT SAYS IT IS HAVING NETWORK CONNECTION PROBLEM, BUT MY WIFI IS LITERALLY SO GOOD, PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM [img]...
  5. Xbox one (Kinect v2 ) on windows 10 1903 connecting problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one (Kinect v2 ) on windows 10 1903 connecting problem: Kinect periodically disconnect on Win 10 1903 Kinect Microphone Array isnt recognised by Computer USB 3.0 configuration so kinect disconnect rapidly Please help :( [img]...
  6. XBOX ONE S console connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE S console connection problem: I just purchased a 3tb avolusion external drive, its suppose to be formatted for the xbox one s and others but my Xbox one s doesn't see it what can i do? ff25e2c0-617e-4666-8d91-c6cb5df09039
  7. Internet Connection problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet Connection problems: Hello. I have two Consoles here, so i can be sure it is not a problem of my internet connection themself. I have a xbox one and a xbox one x. Since a few days, the one x makes trouble connecting...
  8. problem with connecting xbox360 an beamer

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with connecting xbox360 an beamer: Hello there I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem: For some reason, my xbox 360 wont connect with my beamer. When I'm connecting the xbox 360 to a normal tv (with HDMI-kable), I can...
  9. Problems connecting to internet using Xbox360.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems connecting to internet using Xbox360.: Hello, Last week, I was using my xbox and playing online as usual but I was requested to go offline to download something and since then I am not able to go on line again. I have tested my...
  10. Live Connection Problem xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Connection Problem xbox360: My Live account is active and appears to be working but whenever I put in a game it kicks me offline and says there is an error and that I am not connected. What's going on?...