Problems installing and updating games with external ssd

Discus and support Problems installing and updating games with external ssd in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I i staklwd a 4TB SSD in my Xbox one S, to have enough space, bowever im having issues, having to reinstall games and dlcs, like battlefield 4,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CpUnderPantsRLZ, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Problems installing and updating games with external ssd

Hello,

I i staklwd a 4TB SSD in my Xbox one S, to have enough space, bowever im having issues, having to reinstall games and dlcs, like battlefield 4, eas works mg, for some reason something got deleted, now i try to reinstall it can't i stall all add-on and everytime
    i try to install a module it fails.

Like ghost recon wildlands and breakpoint i cant onstall thek on the external ssd because they won't work at all.

An currently it is a lottery what gamea foem game pass or any game i can install, since majority is failing and refusing to install.

:)

CpUnderPantsRLZ, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Turaeon Win User

Rise of the Tomb Raider only starts with DLC installed, if console is switched offline.

If anyone is interested, we managed to find that the problem only occurs if the game is installed on an external ssd.

If the game is moved from the ssd to the internal hdd the problem does not occur. Formating the ssd and moving the game back did not fix the problem. Other games launch fine from the external ssd.

The problem seems to be linked to (external?) ssds and (Rise of the Tomb Raider?) DLCs.
  3. ACHV HighBounce Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

This has been covered and been mentioned as it has been a big concern. Right now, yes you can use your external SSD to play Xbox One and Xbox 360 games but you will not be able to play stored SX games on the external SSD. To be able to able to play SX
    games they need to installed on the Series X's SSD not the external one.
  4. AnonymousQH Win User

Can't install games on my external ssd even if I have 1TB of space left and hundreds of games already installed on it.

I'll try if I get the same problem after installing back my games on the external SSD

I'll let you know if anything comes up.

Thanks for the help Esteban
  5. REK 1 Win User

Xbox one external harddrive

Yes but cant install xbox series x games, they have to be installed on the ssd. All others games will and can run off of external drive
  6. AnonymousQH Win User

Can't install games on my external ssd even if I have 1TB of space left and hundreds of games already installed on it.

Hey Hayden.

I have formatted my external SSD a few days ago, but before that, I tried seriously everything you recommended but to no avail.

I could not uninstall and install back to my external SSD. Xbox would only let me install on my internal and then again would not let me move it to my external. So RE7 just stayed in the internal hdd. Same with other games.

Like I said, things started to get tricky. Other games from years ago could install on External SSD without problems and some could not.

I'm still downloading a ton of games like Halo, Red Dead 2, GTA and others with insane amount of GB so this will take some time...

I'll let you know if anything new comes up :)

Thanks again for the help Hayden.
Thema:

Problems installing and updating games with external ssd

1. Problems installing and updating games with external ssd - Similar Threads - Problems installing updating

2. Problem with installing State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition after the Pawn Shop update

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with installing State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition after the Pawn Shop update: Here are my posts to Undead Labs -- Apr 23, 20:47 PDT I went to the MS Store and confirmed that I had bought SOD2. The install button was active, so I clicked on it and after asking me to...
  3. Problems installing and updating games and apps

in XboX Insiders
    Problems installing and updating games and apps: Is anyone else on alpha skip ahead or lower versions for xbox one having issues ee's s trying to download , install or updating apps & games I tried restarting my console and everything still the...
  4. Anyone with recent updates have constant problems with (installation stopped) ???

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone with recent updates have constant problems with (installation stopped) ???: submitted by /u/mosesshiferaw12 [link] [comments]
  5. Problème d'installation de mise à jour sur Xbox 360 / Problem of installation of update on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème d'installation de mise à jour sur Xbox 360 / Problem of installation of update on...: Bonjour Microsoft, J'ai actuellement un problème sur ma console Xbox 360, Le problème est que il était nécéssaire de télécharger et d'installer une mise jour, j'ai lancé le téléchargement et...
  6. Problem installing the updates?

in XboX Insiders
    Problem installing the updates?: I have a Xbox one X and on the Skip-ahead tier. I have recently had to update my console and when doing this usually forces the machine to reboot.. However recently the console has been getting...
  7. Updates and Game installation problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updates and Game installation problems: Hello, I've been having issues ever since I subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate. I don't know if it can be related but I know at least one more guy that reported the same behavior. For starters I'll...
  8. Ark update/installing problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark update/installing problems: it won't let me download ark and the one time I was able to get into the game it told me to update it and I did but now it won't update it and won't let me into the game just send me to the store...
  9. Problem installing gta5 game/game update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem installing gta5 game/game update: gta5 will not install. It gets to 73% and stops downloading. We've tried doing offline mode and a few other things people have said about this issue from reading online but nothing has worked. I...
  10. Problem with updates and installation priority

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with updates and installation priority: Is anyone else having a problem with your Xbox One starting to install/update something, getting a quarter or halfway through the update and then jumping ahead to something else on your queue...