Problems occasionally reading game discs

Discus and support Problems occasionally reading game discs in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had a bit of a strange one today I ejected my game disc got a bit distracted and the console reloaded the disc but when I tried ejecting it it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bleeding hart77, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Problems occasionally reading game discs

I had a bit of a strange one today I ejected my game disc got a bit distracted and the console reloaded the disc but when I tried ejecting it it wouldn't come out. I powered down the console and back up and the disc came out fine. Since then ive had a couple
    of occasions where its had problems reading the disc I put it back in and works fine. What I have noticed is on the two discs I have used since the incident there are some marks on the discs which are straight lines close to the center of the disc. I cleaned
    them off with a microfiber cloth and no scratches or anything but when I put the disc back in the drive it comes out with this line again.

:)

bleeding hart77, Apr 21, 2014
  2. Problem reading discs. *SLIM*

My xbox slim has problems reading discs. Any advice on what to do?

Mob Of The Dead, Apr 21, 2014
  3. Fallen Zen
    Fallen Zen Guest
    Xbox Original DVD replacement

Can anyone point me where I can buy a DVD drive for my old Xbox Original? Having some problems with reading game discs.

Fallen Zen, Apr 21, 2014
  4. Problems occasionally reading game discs

Try this:

Uninstall Blue-Ray App.

Go to Settings>Disc and Blu-ray Settings

Make sure there is a check at 24 hz.

Scroll down to persistent storage, clear it.

Go back to the home screen.

Make sure no disc is in disc drive

Power cycle console for 10 seconds

Power drain, and unplug everything

Wait for the light on PSU to disappear

Reconnect cables in this order: HDMI (both, if necessary), Kinect, Ethernet (if necessary), Power cord to console and directly to wall, (if possible.)

Restart console

Download Blu-Ray player app

Go to home screen, and test:

ElvishCypress, May 4, 2014
  5. ElvishCypress Win User

Try this:

Uninstall Blue-Ray App.

Go to Settings>Disc and Blu-ray Settings

Make sure there is a check at 24 hz.

Scroll down to persistent storage, clear it.

Go back to the home screen.

Make sure no disc is in disc drive

Power cycle console for 10 seconds

Power drain, and unplug everything

Wait for the light on PSU to disappear

Reconnect cables in this order: HDMI (both, if necessary), Kinect, Ethernet (if necessary), Power cord to console and directly to wall, (if possible.)

Restart console

Download Blu-Ray player app

Go to home screen, and test:
  6. xxbroadsword22x Win User

Unauthorized Disc

Reinstalled the game multiple times, my game disc plays without the disc just not very well with with a occasional "cant read disc" Guess i have pulled it along to far and its time for a new Bf3 disc. Its seen better days thats forsure but i will attempt
    to install another game
  7. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

Need some answers about this Disc Drive sound problem, i have gon through 3 XBOX ONEs and all 3 did it.

Is it the high pitched continuous wheening sound you mean?

Could not make much out other than that and the occasional read sound of the disc.
  8. CTKnightOwl Win User

1 problem resolved, now I have 2 others

The wireless issue seems to be more touch and go; It works occasionally but disconnects willy-nilly. The 360's inability to read a disc is more frustrating since I have so many games I cannot play
  9. RaverCrow-41840053-F Win User

Start-up logo flashes for half a second, console restarts (Xbox 360 S)

I've been having that particular problem today, it starting today actually. It restarts continually until I manually turn it off and turn it back on. It's done that twice so far. I've also had Open Tray errors, freeze during gameplay, unable to read disc
    error, and it occasionally freezes when I exit Netflix. I've already sent it out for repair once on warranty and yet the problems still persist. It will read games when it wants to, as well. Is there any way I could fix this myself?
Thema:

1. Problems occasionally reading game discs - Similar Threads - Problems occasionally reading

2. XBOX Net Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX Net Problems: I dont know what to do with my XBOX Net, because I am always getting 180ms without sense. I dont have any net problem connection, just with Gears 4/5, they always connected me with EEUU EAST...
  3. How come xbox has these problems ever day were you can't talk in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    How come xbox has these problems ever day were you can't talk in party chat: I can't even talk to my friends and play a simple game every single day it's like this I'll even restart the console yet nothing helps 01ea6f26-7a7b-4991-9674-e46890fa7f53
  4. Problem redeeming codes on mobile app

in XboX Insiders
    Problem redeeming codes on mobile app: So I’m currently in the test flight for the mobile app on iOS and with the most recent update to the app every time I try to redeem a code on it I’m told I need to be signed in despite already...
  5. HORRIBLE Texture problems in Gears4. Not loading and multiclored

in XBoX on Windows
    HORRIBLE Texture problems in Gears4. Not loading and multiclored: SO I just got gears 4...and I love it! it runs smooth and there aren't any problems to speak of, except one. As I play the campaign it almost seems as if the textures start to disappear or just...
  6. Problem when launching free movies 2019 app after latest system update that went out for...

in XboX Insiders
    Problem when launching free movies 2019 app after latest system update that went out for...: I have just noticed when I went to launch the free movies 2019 when it gets to the homepage of the app there’s nothing showing up here. and when I go to where it says Genres and when I go to pic...
  7. I have a problem with my computer and i cant log in into my xbox account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a problem with my computer and i cant log in into my xbox account!: Hello! When i want to log in into my xbox account in every game or application i'm getting an error "The file specified cannot be found". I was updating every single xbox application, doing every...
  8. problem with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with gamertag: good day I have a ploblem with the gamertag of my account. change it by paying the corresponding amount. the current one was updated correctly in my profile: Arg Luzifer but when entering the...
  9. Occasional WiFi Problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Occasional WiFi Problems: I've had my Xbox One console since September and I've had this WiFi issue come up twice where I am unable to see any wireless networks. The first time I fixed it using the method where you reset...
  10. Occasional problem with turning my Xbox on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Occasional problem with turning my Xbox on: Sometimes when I turn my Xbox on, it will just shut off after a few seconds. Nothing shows up on the TV screen either. My Xbox is set to Instant On and whenever this happens, it shuts off...