Problems playing with a specific friend

Discus and support Problems playing with a specific friend in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my friend always play games together but the past month or so have been seeming to have problems playing any game together and it's just him and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Run but fast, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Run but fast
    Run but fast Guest

Me and my friend always play games together but the past month or so have been seeming to have problems playing any game together and it's just him and I that have the issue. I'm able to play with any of my other friends just find but, if he connects before
    I do I cant join and vice versa. The only way we have fixed it is going to each others house and connecting the xbox to the wifi there and it's fixed for a week or two then back to not being able to connect to eachother.

:)

Run but fast, Sep 28, 2019
  2. DanMen334 Win User

the problem is because of the NAT that should be set to open on both consoles, unless either of them has some restriction on the multiplayer side of some game, which they should or should have notified the offender, but I would bet that it is NAT problem
  3. Run but fast Win User

He is playing on his hotspot and were having no issues he connected with no problems
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. Run but fast Win User

Both of our NATs are open this still isn't fixing it
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Run

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to connect to one of your buddies when you play games online.

It appears that this issue is reproduced whenever you folks are not playing on the same network, which would indicate that a configuration on your network might have changed, as to producing the difficulties with connecting to your
    friend.

Considering that you had to visit your friends home, and have both of your consoles on the same network to play, I would like to see if its possible to attempt to test a network that is not yours or his to attempt to connect to an online
    session momentarily, purely for testing purposes [this can be done using a mobile hotspot or even an alternative band of network if possible].

Additionally you can try to use a different MAC address on your console via your

network settings
    to see if using the physical address [or Wi-Fi address depending on the device you are using] of a device that does not experiencing connectivity issue and see if this yield different results.

Joining a friends game can be fairly simple and might even reduce latency issues if your on the same network, so if you can test an alternate network, we should be able to identify what the source of this connectivity issue is.
Thema:

1. Problems playing with a specific friend - Similar Threads - Problems playing specific

2. Problems playing online with a family member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems playing online with a family member: Hi, I have some problems that I can't find a solution on a temporary basis. I have not been able to play online with my cousin for more than 3 months, but if I can play online normally, it is a...
  3. Having problems playing my games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having problems playing my games: I am having trying to play my games no matter what game I try ,I keep getting an error message "try again later"I havebeen trying all day Please help b2f0411f-4e90-4e57-9ac0-7f76bc3dfda1
  4. Is anyone having problems with the game Scrabble freezing and closing when you try to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone having problems with the game Scrabble freezing and closing when you try to play...: hey guys , i have been trying to play Scrabble and cant get past going online to look for other players without it freezing and closing.Let me know if there is a solution or a fix because you...
  5. Keep have problems with prey game freezing after a while of playing it

in XboX Insiders
    Keep have problems with prey game freezing after a while of playing it: Today is now 5 times the prey game has been freezing on me after it working great and running smooth for a while then freezes. the freezes in the prey game have been coming more frequently now...
  6. Problem when playing prey it works great and runs smooth for a while then it freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Problem when playing prey it works great and runs smooth for a while then it freezes: I have noticed an issue with playing prey when I go to launch the prey game witch is downloaded from the store on my console. when I was playing the game everything was working great and running...
  7. Problem with prey game when playing game freezes

in XboX Insiders
    Problem with prey game when playing game freezes: I have noticed and issue playing prey witch is a downloaded game from the Microsoft store on console when I was playing prey it worked great for a while and ran smooth with no issues. then...
  8. Problem playing a game I already own

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem playing a game I already own: So i have minecraft xbox one editon which gives a free download to minecraft windows 10. Ive been playing windows 10 minecraft for a while now and i just got a trail fro gamepass and when it...
  9. Problem playing "Welcome to Bloxburg"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem playing "Welcome to Bloxburg": My daughter is having problems playing "Welcome to Bloxburg" on her Xbox one. She gets an error code stating "Content Unavailable". Does this game cost robux? What could be the problem?...
  10. Problems playing campaign with specific person

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems playing campaign with specific person: Hey everyone, Ever since I got this game, I have been unable to play campaign online with a specific friend (one of the main reasons I bought the game). We are both able to play social...